Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #183
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Id agree, the big supermoon on MAR 19, 2011 hasn't happened yet so it couldn't of set off the Japan quake
That just means it's when it's at it's closest. It is currently getting closer as we speak.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #184
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Man View Post
Yeah true! The moon was at it farthest point from earth that day!!
Really?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #185
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Please note the following from this link

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=13097014

"At the time of the earthquake in Japan, the moon was actually closer to its furthest point in orbit from Earth than it was to its March 19 closest point, so the gravitational effect of the moon was, in fact, less than average at that time," Williams wrote in an e-mail to ABCNews.com. "It was basically a normal day on Earth as far as the lunar gravity and tidal forces were concerned. Unless the Earth somehow 'knew' the supermoon was coming, I can't imagine any scientific connection between the two events."
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:48 PM   #186
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Man View Post
They say it has no effect on the earth but the Phenomena that happens around the time a super moon appears is crazy.

Coincidence?
Unless there is a noticeable spike during a 'super moon' (something I've never heard of btw) you can't attriubute disasters to it. And since there was supposedly a supermoon in 2005 and a lull in the number of large earthquakes the same year, I'd throw out the theory that they're connected.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #187
PoorMansCamaro

Old 03-16-2011, 01:01 AM   #188
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
the gravitational forces generated by the moon, move giant bodies of water [aka the tide]. If the moon can effect the movements of that giant mass, affect some lose plates near a fault line can't be to far off the scale of possiable????

Though someone will note wind can move water too, we have no tide on Lake Erie but when the wind is right the Bay we are on will empty as far as you can see. [sand n mud]
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:11 AM   #189
JWild

Drives: 2010 black on black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I just made a thread for the staff to discuss it
Awesome, If the staff decides to do it can you put it on the homepage?
JWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #190
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
On Tuesday, it was finally admitted that meltdowns of the No. 1 and No. 2 reactor cores are responsible for the release of a massive amount of radiation.

After reporting that a fire at the No. 4 reactor was contained, the media is reporting this evening that it has resumed. The media predictably does not bother to point out why the fire is uncontainable – the fuel rods are no longer submerged in water and are exposed to the atmosphere and that is why they are burning and cannot be extinguished.

It cannot be stressed enough that the situation at Fukushima represents the greatest environmental disaster in the history of humanity, far more dangerous than Chernobyl

Fukushima Coverup, 40 Years of Spent Nuclear Rods Blown Sky High

http://www.infowars.com/alert-fukush...lown-sky-high/
Old 03-16-2011, 06:09 PM   #191
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
the gravitational forces generated by the moon, move giant bodies of water [aka the tide]. If the moon can effect the movements of that giant mass, affect some lose plates near a fault line can't be to far off the scale of possiable????

Though someone will note wind can move water too, we have no tide on Lake Erie but when the wind is right the Bay we are on will empty as far as you can see. [sand n mud]
its much easier to move water than rock ...
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #192
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Reactor #4 and #3 are having problems with there spent rods... 100M radius is fatal with in a couple hours. [no way they can go back now]

And now the people of Japan are starting to question their GOV.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #193
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I just wonder how they don't have a fail safe. Those rods should be flooded if everything fails, they're next to the ocean for a reason. Tons of water they can move.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:39 PM   #194
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Yeah I am not nuclear physicist but if the problem is that they are over heating and are trying to keep them cool, can't they spray liquid nitrogen on them?

It worked for the T-1000 and they have nuclear power cells
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #195
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I just wonder how they don't have a fail safe. Those rods should be flooded if everything fails, they're next to the ocean for a reason. Tons of water they can move.
I know, why things gotta be much worse then they say and have been since day 1. They spent to much time hiding thing then scrambling to get water on things. First few days when things were "cool" should of been enough time to rig pipes or hoses to dump water in them.

to much worry over saving face then to tell the truth.

"WE NEED HELP NOW, BRING PIPES HOSES N PUMPS ASAP!!!!!!!"
Old 03-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #196
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
I know, why things gotta be much worse then they say and have been since day 1. They spent to much time hiding thing then scrambling to get water on things. First few days when things were "cool" should of been enough time to rig pipes or hoses to dump water in them.

to much worry over saving face then to tell the truth.

"WE NEED HELP NOW, BRING PIPES HOSES N PUMPS ASAP!!!!!!!"
that's what I mean. They have to pump the water into them. I'm just trying to understand the functionality. Wouldn't it be easier to have some sort of flood gate that automatically opens when everything else fails?

Tags
destruction, japan, tsunami