Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-02-2015, 04:59 AM   #29
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
I have been blamed, accused, complimented, and condemned for what I have done and added to my gen5 Camaro SS.

I get no belief that all I have changed is the fluids and added gas, only.

I wonder what the white lettering on the GYs looks like on a Summit White 1LE? Anyone?
Old 06-02-2015, 12:21 PM   #30
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
When I took my stock 1LE in for service last summer, the service advisor said, "Wow, hardly any miles on that car and you already have new rims. I like them alot!"
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #31
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
I love my 1LE

Love the look, I think I want To go with white letters for my black 1le like this one.

One question, we all know the goodyears don't last long, so are the letters able to be removed easily and put on new set of tires. Seems like they wouldn't last long if always applied and removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:26 PM   #32
Jugdishian

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Looks incredible.
Jugdishian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:34 PM   #33
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
looks cool, like the letters, too..what about white?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:55 PM   #34
R19

Drives: Black 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
HAHA you guys should go over to the tires section where there is a thread on painted lettering and you'll really get some on there to flip out.
R19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:09 PM   #35
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
It's clear the 1LE is an option on top of the SS1/SS2 *but* many other RPOs have been made a model except the 1LE ... Z/28, ZL1, ZR1, Z06, Z24 (remember that front wheel drive fiasco?), etc. Perhaps since the 1LE doesn't start with a Z it'll never be a model unto itself. Maybe it could become .... ta da! ... the ZLE! Wait, no, it needs a number. How 'bout ZL, Z to add the requisite Z, L from 1LE and the 1, ZL1. Wait, that's a model already. OK. How about this. ZLE. Oh, crap. Back where I started. OK. You're right. It doesn't deserve emblems. But I gave mine some ...

In one breath I think the 1LE was a test bed for the 2016 camaro and this is Chevy's research group. In another breath I think it deserves(ed) having a wee bit more bling than just the blacked out look. The problem is that half the people who look at it don't know Camaro's and say things like "wow I love what you've done with the car" and the other half who think they "know" camaro's say things like "is that the ZL1 car" or "is that the supercharged model?".

I've now talked myself in circles ....

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:41 PM   #36
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
It's clear the 1LE is an option on top of the SS1/SS2 *but* many other RPOs have been made a model except the 1LE ... Z/28, ZL1, ZR1, Z06, Z24 (remember that front wheel drive fiasco?), etc. Perhaps since the 1LE doesn't start with a Z it'll never be a model unto itself. Maybe it could become .... ta da! ... the ZLE! Wait, no, it needs a number. How 'bout ZL, Z to add the requisite Z, L from 1LE and the 1, ZL1. Wait, that's a model already. OK. How about this. ZLE. Oh, crap. Back where I started. OK. You're right. It doesn't deserve emblems. But I gave mine some ...

In one breath I think the 1LE was a test bed for the 2016 camaro and this is Chevy's research group. In another breath I think it deserves(ed) having a wee bit more bling than just the blacked out look. The problem is that half the people who look at it don't know Camaro's and say things like "wow I love what you've done with the car" and the other half who think they "know" camaro's say things like "is that the ZL1 car" or "is that the supercharged model?".

I've now talked myself in circles ....

That was pretty funny
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:22 AM   #37
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
My white "exact fit" letters finally came. I got one tire done so far.

Not sure what I think about them. Looks pretty good. They are not 100% exact, so some letters don't fit squarely in the stamped counterpart - creating a slight wavy look if you get up close and look down the side. The clear protective layer that gets removed is a bitch to get off.

All in all, I'm not unhappy with it and will obviously get the other 3 tires done. But, I don't know I'd pay $130 to do this again with the next tire change.

Pics so far:

Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:34 PM   #38
NTENSITY

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarotobeornottobe View Post
My white "exact fit" letters finally came. I got one tire done so far.

Not sure what I think about them. Looks pretty good. They are not 100% exact, so some letters don't fit squarely in the stamped counterpart - creating a slight wavy look if you get up close and look down the side. The clear protective layer that gets removed is a bitch to get off.

All in all, I'm not unhappy with it and will obviously get the other 3 tires done. But, I don't know I'd pay $130 to do this again with the next tire change.

Pics so far:

Looks good from the pictures! I wasn't sure at first either, once i had the whole car done they grew on me.
NTENSITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:49 PM   #39
RB185AFM

Drives: 2014 Chevy Silverado
Wow, I love the look with the yellow letters! Beautiful car!
Previous cars
2017 C7 Grandsport, 2014 Camaro 1LE, 2008 EVO, 2001 Viper, 2004 BMW M3, 2003 Mustang Cobra, 2002 Z06, 2002 Camaro SS, 1998 Mustang Cobra
RB185AFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #40
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
Car looks great OP, I really like how you've carefully chosen cosmetic mods to make it your own unique look. Like any aesthetic modification, there will always be someone with a different opinion. Your style is different from mine, and mine from everyone else, but that's part of what makes Camaro ownership so much fun. Yours is very sharp and tasteful, well done.

As for people making comments about the 1LE in general, I get that a lot too. Even when it was brand new, and I hadn't changed anything yet, people thought I'd changed the spoiler, rims and added the hood wrap myself. Because of those differences from the standard SS, I have had every type of positive and negative comment made right off the bat and continue to hear them. It is annoying to have to explain, which is why I am biased in favor of 1LE badging. People will see it, then go google it to figure it out for themselves in many cases. Drastically cuts down on questions, believe it or not.

Had the same problem with my previous 1LS, not a day went by that someone didn't ask me this exact line: "Is it an SS or an RS?" Or "Why'd you de-badge your car and just leave the "CAMARO" badging?" I bought some "LS" front and rear badges from emblempros for the grille and rear decklid, and the questions stopped overnight. I assumed everyone that was curious enough just went and googled what an "LS" model was, because as soon as I did that, I never got asked what it was ever again.

Speaking of that, the 1LE makes just as much sense badging it as any other major option package of this kind. Contrary to popular misconception among non car types, there is no "RS" model, only LT models with the RS package. Which, in itself is mostly appearance only. Considering how much more the 1LE package adds to an SS, I think it more than justifies badging one as such for those so inclined to do so.

Passing it off as a 1LE "model", not so much, but it is technically correct in the same way an RS badge is correct. Me? I just left the rear deck lid SS on, and put the 1LE badge on the left side. Balanced it out symmetrically in my eyes. Then I removed both front and rear bowties and replaced the rear one with the larger font "CAMARO" lettering between the tail lights, and a Sparks large billet SS emblem up front, which then freed up the little grille landing plate for, you guessed it, a little "1LE" emblem. That way my model and upgrade package are called out.

That's my personal taste, and how I changed my Camaro to make it uniquely mine. Some like color changed bowties, some like large SS front and back in place of them, some like all de-badged sleeper look, some like all de-badged and replaced with 1LE emblems all around. That's just part of the fun, finding that delicate balance that you as the owner like best.

I came up with this analogy a while back. Badging/re-badging a car is like trimming a bonsai tree, it takes a keen eye, and a good sense of balance and style.

My personal belief is that at least one badge has to come off for every 1.5 badges that you add, but, that's just me. There is definitely a delicate balance to it, but not an exact science so to speak, that's for sure. There can definitely be way too many, and possibly way too few (Like the aforementioned LS I previously owned). It is just a matter of choosing what is most important to call out, and what is just being redundant or un-necessary to leave out.

If you get to a point where the questions drop to none (at least in terms of what it is) and no one negatively comments that you've added too much, then you've probably hit close to the mark. Chevrolet seems to way underbadge their stuff anyway from the factory (at least compared to other makes and models), maybe so everyone can go about it their own way? I dunno, but it sure is a pain having to explain all the time. So I just call out what it is, and call it a day. Let the mooks look up the specs and stuff on their time. I give enough info for the curious to dig further if they want.

I'll never call foul on anyone's personal choice of badges, so long as it accurately represents what the car actually is according to the VIN number. Doesn't matter if you engine swapped an LS3 into an LT, doesn't matter if you added a supercharger to a 1LE, that doesn't suddenly make them an SS and a ZL1 because of those modifications. Up-badging is absurd, and if you do it, you deserve the ridicule, plain and simple. Sure, it is your car, do what you want with it, I get that line of thinking, but don't cry foul when you get called out on it either. I reckon that's really the only place where I draw the line on this stuff.

Well, my long winded monologue of opinions and information has come to a close. Enjoy those Camaros, and be bold enough to do something a little bit unique with it.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:58 PM   #41
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Quote:
Never a useful thing to post. You are one of a couple folks who need to find another forum.
yawn............"eyes roll"..............yes, how DARE YOU have your own opinion that differs from the fanboys.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:34 PM   #42
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
That was pretty funny
Glad to entertain!
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote