Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #29
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid96 View Post
No headers...Cat back should be irrelevant.
I can't see the absence of headers would affect this much.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #30
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Just to be clear..RPM as in the one in Santa Clarita, CA. Not the one in Colorado or Florida, etc.

Those #s are nothing to sneeze at no matter where you are but getting that on 91 octane which is the most we can get here in CA and the car runs smoother than stock and no issues whatsoever. Also, the #s don't speak for everything...shoot, you can probably take this same car to another dyno a block away and you'll see diff numbers.
But I agree, the 3" catback is irrelevant unless headers are in play. I have the same set up.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #31
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Seems about right to me ... very nice tq curve there buddy!! .. . Now have fun!!!

To put that into perspective on 15% loss:

589 HP (+163 hp)
548 TQ (+128 tq)

At the engine .. very respectable gains for the mods in question

Crowley
Old 01-29-2010, 09:57 AM   #32
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Seems about right to me ... very nice tq curve there buddy!! .. . Now have fun!!!

To put that into perspective on 15% loss:

589 HP (+163 hp)
548 TQ (+128 tq)

At the engine .. very respectable gains for the mods in question

Crowley
I went back and looked at some similar builds and you're right, it seems it be in the right and safe range.

Congrats to OP for his new found love!
Old 01-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #33
Z71456

Drives: Camaro
Dang Z_Rocks, you were beginning to make me think something was wrong with my car. hahaha. I thought to myself, "How could something so wrong feel so right?" hahahahaha.

I've burned almost a full tank with the new toy and I can't get enough. I enjoy driving it so much, I'm thinking about driving to Vegas for dinner tonight. HAHAHAHAHA

I'll definitely be at the local weekend car show tomorrow to show off the new digs!

Thanks again, Guys!
-Chris
Z71456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #34
Vinz68

Drives: 68,69,72&10 Camaro's 12 CTS-V
Congrats!! Won't be long before you need new tires....lol
Old 01-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #35
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
and now.....may I recommend cam, heads, and headers?

Chris, for the record, you can count on me to help you spend your money.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #36
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71456 View Post
Dang Z_Rocks, you were beginning to make me think something was wrong with my car. hahaha. I thought to myself, "How could something so wrong feel so right?" hahahahaha.

I've burned almost a full tank with the new toy and I can't get enough. I enjoy driving it so much, I'm thinking about driving to Vegas for dinner tonight. HAHAHAHAHA

I'll definitely be at the local weekend car show tomorrow to show off the new digs!

Thanks again, Guys!
-Chris
Chris, sorry if I came across the wrong way. Allow me to explain;
I'm a car guy and care for all those who love cars as well. I see them as members of a big family, so as the [good] vendors who give us these great choices. One big happy family [sometime]; This feeling sort of dictates the fact that we look out for each other and if something doesn't seem right, we point it out to our brothers and sisters. And I hope the mood always stay this way. My original inquiry from Charlie and Keith was absolutely not to question them, I was simply asking them. RPM is a great shop. I've recommended them many times.

Since I've seen some big numbers recently, I guess subconsciously I was spoiled with those numbers and began to ask the questions. But I also didn't want to make an A$$ out of myself and respect others, I went back and did some research and your numbers seem right. My apology to you or RPM if my post triggered the wrong impression and enjoy the power with health.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #37
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
I'm a little confused. Although you have a 3" cat back, good CAI, LS3 engine and yet, the Tq is in mid 400 than 500, which I've seen most of the installations on this forum. Could Charlie or Keith care to jump in and give us a bit more info why some cars with same S/C and same configurations show different numbers? Is it the 91 octane that cause the drop? I've seen even same configuration for your shop before with much higher numbers!

Thank you in advance!
..Ben
Quote:
I can't see the absence of headers would affect this much.
with headers at the standard 6psi and CAI he'd be about 525ish rwhp......right on the money..

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #38
Z71456

Drives: Camaro
Z_Rocks, no apology necessary whatsoever. I totally understand and appreciate the concern. I guess that was just my weak attempt at being funny so I apologize if I came off ungrateful. I truly love all of the input.

I loved the car before and I am even more in love with it now. It is an absolute blast to drive and I enjoy every second behind the wheel.

Now if I can only figure out how to finish my modified engine covers I'll be set. Not sure how to secure them at this point, but the cutting and trimming is nearly complete.

thanks guys! I will INDEED enjoy!
Z71456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:00 PM   #39
RPM Motors

Drives: LSx's
Ben,

We've pushed these up past 570 at the tire by adding boost, methanol or octane booster. The blower is fantastic and makes easy, big power.

Any differences in output, when comparing two similar installations, can generally be found in final boost or the tuning - we've learned to keep the tuning conservative as the Ca gasoline is not the highest of octanes and stock pistons have limits.

Quote:
I'm a little confused. Although you have a 3" cat back, good CAI, LS3 engine and yet, the Tq is in mid 400 than 500, which I've seen most of the installations on this forum. Could Charlie or Keith care to jump in and give us a bit more info why some cars with same S/C and same configurations show different numbers? Is it the 91 octane that cause the drop? I've seen even same configuration for your shop before with much higher numbers!

Thank you in advance!
..Ben
RPM Motors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #40
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM Motors View Post
Ben,

We've pushed these up past 570 at the tire by adding boost, methanol or octane booster. The blower is fantastic and makes easy, big power.

Any differences in output, when comparing two similar installations, can generally be found in final boost or the tuning - we've learned to keep the tuning conservative as the Ca gasoline is not the highest of octanes and stock pistons have limits.
Thanks Charlie/Keith; That's why I asked, seeing you've gone well over 570 with these cars.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #41
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
Good Job Charlie @ RPM!!!

Looks really nice.
Total_Perf_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote