Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #15
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Take the turbo route more power and torque. Also for less than upgrading and is reversible and you can just find a shop to add the kit to another car. That's my car in the video up top gotta love boost and high MPG's ^^^^^!! Also everyone loses when it comes to mod dollars. Never seen a used mod go for new prices.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikoriko View Post
Go turbo and give the ZL1 a run for it's money. haha
And when your done ask if they where running on all 8 cylinders. I give v8's hell .
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #16
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
+1

And when your done ask if they where running on all 8 cylinders. I give v8's hell .
hahahahaha thats great!!!
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #17
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
This is the V6 section so the only superchargers available are centrifugal... so it's not going to be "instant power"... boost on a centri comes on very linearly as the RPMs go up...

A properly sized turbo(s) really shouldn't have any lag...

I have owned and driven centrifugal supercharged cars... and now I've got a couple turbo vehicles in the driveway... I would have a hard time going back to a centri...

to OP, we've seen a few guys with STS kits here... most seem to have some issues with the installs and a fair amount of work to get them "right"... Personally I would avoid STS... IMHO...
I agree a proper fit turbo will work better then say a 75 mm bigger is not all that better.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote