Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
What Was Your First Reaction Driving Your Camaro Home

After picking it up from the dealer. Who did you call first? Did you sleep that night?
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I lived roughly 5 blocks away and it took me 3 hours.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
midwest mcnasty
scottie v

Drives: 2012 2lt camaro iom rs package
Called my 87 yr old Grandpa and told him yo come outside for a ride. We both had perma grins!!! His close friend had a 69 camaro pace car and when I was like 6 or 7 yrs old I told my grandpa some day I would have a
orange camaro with white stripes and close to 30 yrs later I do!!!!

As far as sleeping that night, I was up every 45min checking the garage to make sure the camaro was still in there
midwest mcnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
TwistedEnergy

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
"OMG I really need to learn how to drive manual and fast, even cops are giving me funny looks"

Mine was shipped to a train yard, bought used. I went with my dad to pick it up, and he drove it to my cousins house which was close by. I drove it around the block realized I needed lots of practice and confidence was not going to help, parked it, then at about 10pm I took it home. First time ever driving stick. Stalled it 4 times at a green light with a cop stopped on a red.

Didn't get much sleep that night, the window from the front of my house, overlooks my driveway so I "slept" on the couch just to keep a close eye on it its first night home. Parents thought I was bat-crap crazy.

Last edited by TwistedEnergy; 10-30-2012 at 06:37 PM.
TwistedEnergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
Interlux

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS - SW/IOM
I picked mine up from a town I had never been to - my exit was a good few hundred feet from the dealers exit FOUR lanes over. All I could think was I hope I set my mirrors up right - it's time to see how bad the blind spot everyone talks about is!
Interlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
After picking it up from the dealer. Who did you call first? Did you sleep that night?
My reaction ...was "I love this car!!" since we had a 600 mile drive home from the dealership we had a long time to get acquainted.
I think I actually called Becky Doyle of Rodgers Chevrolet to tell her how happy we were with the car.
I slept like a happy Baby... I woke up every two hours hungry for another drive
Old 10-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest mcnasty View Post
Called my 87 yr old Grandpa and told him yo come outside for a ride. We both had perma grins!!! His close friend had a 69 camaro pace car and when I was like 6 or 7 yrs old I told my grandpa some day I would have a
orange camaro with white stripes and close to 30 yrs later I do!!!!

As far as sleeping that night, I was up every 45min checking the garage to make sure the camaro was still in there
That's a great story thanks for sharing. A boys dream came true and he had a special moment with his Grandfather moments like this is what Camaros were made for.

Don't feel ashamed your not the only one kept waking up that night see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
My reaction ...was "I love this car!!" since we had a 600 mile drive home from the dealership we had a long time to get acquainted.
I think I actually called Becky Doyle of Rodgers Chevrolet to tell her how happy we were with the car.
I slept like a happy Baby... I woke up every two hours hungry for another drive
Very nice man. Glad you enjoyed your Camaro i'm sure Rodgers Chevrolet took good pride another satisfied customer out the door. Chevy runs deeper then you think.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Great Thread!!!

I was supposed to pick mine up in the morning on my way to work, but it wasn't ready so rescheduled for later in the day. I am actually happy it worked out that way as I would have had to drive downtown, then home in rush hour. Well, once I finally got off the lot, I was shaking like a leaf. All I could think was "gawd, I hope I don't stall, how embarrassing". Of course, there's only 1 set of lights between me and the dealer, stop on a hill. Now I'm shaking worse as its rush hour, and of course I stalled. But I laughed, got home and had a smoke. Once the hubby got home, we went cruisin, but I let him drive, went over to a couple of my friends to show off. I shook for 2 solid weeks after buying it!! Now, I shake when I'm being cheeky on the roads, but that's in good fun!!
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
I was thinking it was kinda surreal after waitng almost 9 months from the order date. Couldn't believe I actually had the car finally and that it was real. Had a few flashacks to the 70's and my '68SS Camaro I had back then.
Then I went to a friend's house to show it to them. Everyone was drooling over it, then we went out and had a few drinks. Every time I had to use the restroom I would walk by a window and see it and still find myself wondering if I was dreaming. I still feel that way sometimes after almost 3 1/2 years.

Mine was quite the journey. Ordered in Oct '08 while working in Louisiana. Went for a after work drive to find a billboard portraying the Camaro as a lemon and getting a photo of it for Scott. Scott sent me a couple gifts for my efforts. Thanks Scott. Got a call in May '09 from my dealer while I was working in Colorado telling me it was built and they gave me the VIN. Talking to Scott (fbodfather) and John Fitzpatrick during the QC hold process. John sent me an e-mail with the railcar # when it shipped. I was able to call any time to find where my car was at on the rails on it's trip to Oregon where I am from. It was hard while in Wyoming knowing that it sat a hundered miles away in Cheyene for almost two days, I wanted to go and try to see it but that was impracticle. Then finally being able to fly home and take delivery on June 25, 2009.

I remember getting a text from my girlfriend while deboarding the plane in Portland that Michael Jackson had died. I thought,
'who gives a shit, I'm only an hour away from seeing the Black Pearl for the first time."

Last edited by CWI; 10-30-2012 at 06:44 PM.
CWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #10
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Well, it took me 2 1/2 years to get the wife to finally agree to let me buy it. See, in Sept. 2009, we rented one up in Boston, and drove it for four days(well, I drove it for four days!). Upon returning it, I told her I was getting one when we got home. She said ok. 3 weeks later, we were pregnant! "Guess that Camaro has to wait" she said. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

But indeed, it had to wait. I brought it up every once in a while, but her reaction was enough to let it go, for a little while. After bringing it up for over 2 years, spring '12 hit. Boy was almost 2, truck was paid for, and Daddy was itching real bad for a Camaro. Homework assignment: Pick a model, crunch all the numbers, test drive(FUN FUN FUN), and bring it up again.

Her first answer was "no". Hmm...but honey, it's been a while! "No". Hmm...look, I've crunched all the #'s! "No". Hmm...c'mon, let's go on a test drive. "No, it's not a family car". What, I can fit my family in it! "No".

To make a long story longer, we went back and forth for a few months...until finally, upon bringing it up one more time, she said "Ok, let's discuss it". YEAH!

So, as you can see the discussion turned into my '12 45TH Edition!

Oh, my reaction on the way home: "I have the best wife in the world!!!" My heart was racing, I was so excited to finally be driving the car of my dreams!! Pulled in the driveway, ran in the house, threw her the keys and said "Take her for a spin!" She came back an hour later!!! The rest is history!

And no, didn't sleep at all, and was out cruising again at 5am!

Last edited by MYDLIFECRISIS; 10-30-2012 at 09:54 PM.
MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
justind511

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS non-RS RJT M6
I first called my wife that was in hershey PA that day and told her then called my sister to give her a ride. my first thoughts were man i dont want to speed and get pulled over! and man this thing is hard to see out of. and i also felt as if the car did what i asked it to do, like pass someone sure no problem, slow quickly absolutely haha love the car
justind511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #12
jdub-23

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
My reaction was "holy crap I'm actually driving this baby home!" I work nights and was fortunate to be off work that night so I spent it sitting in my garage getting to know her. What a wonderful day that was.
jdub-23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Drives: Blac on Blaq on Blak 2012 Camaro LS
after a 3 year wait of telling EVERYONE i know that I want a 2010+ Camaro I finally drove off fromt he dealer (Stalled 4 times in the parking lot). Drove it home and realized i start the 4 day work week (12 hour shifts in 5 hours) So i didnt get much time the first night to enjoy it. on my 4 days off......took a trip to ATLANTA and PERMAGRIN ALL THE WAY!!!

Adjustments: 20% tint all around, Emblem Pros Dash plaque, Rockford Fosgate P-300/12
Oneflyenyceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #14
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing

Name:  spoiler on on 005.JPG
Views: 1107
Size:  391.4 KB
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote