Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #15
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
how on earth did you go 2 years with stock exhaust???? lol
Haha, yes it's been 2 years...

In all honestly, I do not hate the stock exhaust (don't bash, haha)... You can't see the cans because I painted them for those things silver looked hideous and I believe my intake changed its tone a bit.

I just really want larger aggressive tips to fill that hole, and a little more aggressive sound would be a plus!

Just not into spending over a few hundred to a grand per say, when I don't dread how my car sounds, or getting exhaust and not happy with it.

Maybe cutting off stock tips and welding on better looking ones is right for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
another Solo Catback recommendation from me too.
Did most go with the J-pipe version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPaul View Post
MRT V2.0. I installed mine last week and I don't regret it one bit !
I listened to a ton of vids with my bose headphones one member posted, it sounded really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten33 View Post
I just got my flowmaster American thunder axleback installed, and I love it! I spent countless hours looking and listening to others and settled on this one. 4 inch tips and nice low sound, not ricer like some others. Cost me $406 shipped, couldn't be happier with it....there are many other great choices out there, and I'm not trying to spark the great exhaust debate. Just my personal choice
I have always always been pushing towards the Flowmasters. That exhaust seems to be the one that most were split on drone. Hows the in-cabin sound in your opinion since they are new?

Thanks everyone! I've looked at exhaust since a few months after having the car, so I've seen them evolve from day one with our V6's. Been researching a lot the past 2 days. You guys are great!
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #16
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
If you want to get an exhaust that you don't have to worry about drone or rasp, save your money and go corsa. One stop shop. Don't have to worry about picking up an x-pipe. The price for installing an axleback and perhaps a x-pipe, you'll be near or at the price of a catback. Unless you can cut and install yourself. Catback is full bolt-on, no cutting necessary, so install is very easy.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #17
AUS10BMX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
If you want to get an exhaust that you don't have to worry about drone or rasp, save your money and go corsa. One stop shop. Don't have to worry about picking up an x-pipe. The price for installing an axleback and perhaps a x-pipe, you'll be near or at the price of a catback. Unless you can cut and install yourself. Catback is full bolt-on, no cutting necessary, so install is very easy.
I was really impressed with the Corsa catback when I looked at it. I have a welding shop so anything I did get I would do the install ect. Guess my 5 cylinder Colorado I use to have with Magnaflow exhaust killed me with drone, and thought I'd never go aftermarket again ha.

Thanks dude. Maybe I'll just weld on some good tips, and go all the way with catback some day!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #18
MUSCLEIT

Drives: 2010 REDLINE EDITION#46
mr 2
Old 04-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #19
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by white out View Post
mr 2
Don't think he can fit a toyota under his car, but could be close...
Old 04-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #20
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Don't think he can fit a toyota under his car, but could be close...

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #21
ninja218

Drives: 10 camaro v6
Kinda in the same for shopping to but its like u said videos don't do justice. I just installed my bbk lt and I hate the way my car sounds now! Thinking if getting rid of them.

What's drone? lol I'm new my car sounds like a Honda when I get on it.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #22
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja218 View Post
Kinda in the same for shopping to but its like u said videos don't do justice. I just installed my bbk lt and I hate the way my car sounds now! Thinking if getting rid of them.

What's drone? lol I'm new my car sounds like a Honda when I get on it.
heh, that's a first. make sure there are no leaks...
Old 04-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #23
ninja218

Drives: 10 camaro v6
i did there tight just sounds like a fart can from inside
Old 04-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #24
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Everyone recommending solo how loud is it? this is the one i think im set on but want to know how loud it actually is becasue ive heard its kinda quiet
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #25
AUS10BMX

So I decided I'm not going to spend any more money on my car (already done so much haha) for right now... just installed some more lighting stuff, and I'm going to save the exhaust for another day. Mean while I got these!

Name:  FLO-15365.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  15.5 KB

I've always loved these looked on the Flowmaster AT exhaust, so I'm cutting my tips off, cutting the clamp off of these, and gonna weld them on. My cans are already blacked out, so should look good!

Thanks for all your input, I almost went for it! Since I was asking for axel-back, MR2's won! Solos pretty much tied. Their set up seems to have the least amount of drone.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #26
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Cut outs! Make more power and retain the quietness of stock! And it can be much cheaper...
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #27
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS10BMX View Post
So I decided I'm not going to spend any more money on my car (already done so much haha) for right now... just installed some more lighting stuff, and I'm going to save the exhaust for another day. Mean while I got these!

Attachment 227063

I've always loved these looked on the Flowmaster AT exhaust, so I'm cutting my tips off, cutting the clamp off of these, and gonna weld them on. My cans are already blacked out, so should look good!

Thanks for all your input, I almost went for it! Since I was asking for axel-back, MR2's won! Solos pretty much tied. Their set up seems to have the least amount of drone.
that works too good luck

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #28
Daily Driver

Drives: Silver Bullet
MRT V2!! Just got done installing mine this weekend after watching it sit in my garage for the last 6 month and wow. WTH was I thinking waiting so long. It was what I felt was best as far as looks/performance/price.
Daily Driver is offline   Reply With Quote