Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 04-20-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
California, What can we do that's actually legal

Everytime I here of something cool to do to get some better performance I keep getting hit by California only laws. We can we actually do in this state to upgrade our cars?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Cams, heads, shorty headers, catback exhaust, bore/stroke, supercharger...there's a lot we can do.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
t_long927
Bakersfield Camaro Club

Drives: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Send a message via MSN to t_long927 Send a message via Yahoo to t_long927
I have been in the automotive industry all of my life. Even worked at a smog station. You can really do anything you want. The state does require a C.A.R.B. EO # ( executive number ) stating that the B.A.R. has inspected the device and it will not effect the emisions output of that vehicle/motor. Now the difference in price between a "CARB" legal and illegal product is huge. For instance say you want a maggie and the whole kit is 5 grand. Well it may be as much as 7-8 grand for a legal maggie. Stick with you Bigger brands like edlebrock, Crank, etc. If you have anymore questions you can go on the BAR.ca.gov website and check out if a part is legal on your car or not. Also remember you do not have to smog your car for another 4-5 years. So whatever you do will not be seen until that smog is needed. OR a dick cop pops your hood. But they do not always know what to look for. Hell for all they know that beautiful chrom Maggie was stock on a 2010 Camaro SS
But rest asure I have been in your shoes and I do think some of these "LAWS" are a bit on the BS side.- Long Live the CAMARO
Old 04-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_long927 View Post
I have been in the automotive industry all of my life. Even worked at a smog station. You can really do anything you want. The state does require a C.A.R.B. EO # ( executive number ) stating that the B.A.R. has inspected the device and it will not effect the emisions output of that vehicle/motor. Now the difference in price between a "CARB" legal and illegal product is huge. For instance say you want a maggie and the whole kit is 5 grand. Well it may be as much as 7-8 grand for a legal maggie. Stick with you Bigger brands like edlebrock, Crank, etc. If you have anymore questions you can go on the BAR.ca.gov website and check out if a part is legal on your car or not. Also remember you do not have to smog your car for another 4-5 years. So whatever you do will not be seen until that smog is needed. OR a dick cop pops your hood. But they do not always know what to look for. Hell for all they know that beautiful chrom Maggie was stock on a 2010 Camaro SS
But rest asure I have been in your shoes and I do think some of these "LAWS" are a bit on the BS side.- Long Live the CAMARO
Correct. there are a ton of things we can do, but be damn sure you have the CARB numbers. Without them, your car can be impounded and you can be ticketed.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php

2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I heard that they even tax farmers for cows farting. Is that true?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Maurdib

Thanks my Cali brotheren, I was getting worried, and was just going to consetrate on making it look fast vs actually being fast
Old 04-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #8
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
You live in KALIFORNIA. Enjoy the year round driving season, stop complaining and just keep paying your taxes. Where do you think you are, Wisconsin? You are lucky you don't get a ticket for posting such stuff.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:06 AM   #9
H3LLJumper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS VIN#11184
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
You live in KALIFORNIA. Enjoy the year round driving season, stop complaining and just keep paying your taxes. Where do you think you are, Wisconsin? You are lucky you don't get a ticket for posting such stuff.
fail
Lingenfelter 550 HP TVS2300 Supercharger Package, Hennessey CAI, Pedders Extreme XA Drag Package and Sway Bars (waiting to take delivery) Painted gills, stripe, and bow ties, tinted windows to 30%, smoked lights, Orange headlight/fog light halos, NOWEEDS, and GMPP Exhaust
H3LLJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:14 AM   #10
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
I fail to understand the relevance?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Does anyone know if the ADM Street CAI is CARB approved? I sent a PM to Andy yesterday and also searched the ARB database (not there). No sticker on it either - that I am aware of ;(

Oh, and living in CA doesn't waive the right to mods...other than CARB - meaning, too bad because it's beautiful most of the time here. And YOU even are in CA!! What's up with that??
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #12
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #13
loopback
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
What about a list of whats the most we could do for both Legal AND keep the warranty?
Shorties, CatBack...
loopback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #14
Maurdib

I was thinking intially of CAI, LT Headers(OUT), Highflow Cat(Most likely OUT), and a Catback. With a tune I figured I'd be good