Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

View Poll Results: Do you have a front licenses plate on?
Yes 6 25.00%
No 18 75.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #29
Hanzo

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
I'm still pissed about the autotrader thing Cliff tried to wiggle out of that one the night we picked our cars up. He slipped and told me you saw mine on autotrader, and when I got pissed and questioned him as to why my car was ever put on autotrader he said you didn't know what you were talking about I have a good feeling they would have sold that car out from under me in a heartbeat. Needless to say I will not be buying another car from Leman's among other issues with them

4k over MSRP huh...

Funny what happens when two people start talking. He was very proud of the fact that they were not selling any Camaros over MSRP like those price gouging dealers

The stripes are on. I will post pics soon....when I have time
Funny thing is they had yours listed for $1000 under MSRP. He tried to say it was probably because there weren't any stripes on it yet. I asked why would they post someone's car they knew was sold and he had no excuse. So when I got there and saw the Black for over by $4000, I got ready to walk.
I wasn't going to buy from them anymore after one of their employees stole my SSN 4 years ago on another purchase. Don't worry, they hooked me up with nothing for that. But hey, I couldn't pass up the Camaro.

Welcome aboard Maxxer!
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:49 AM   #30
barking tires
Supercharger

Drives: 2SS Camaro
After reading about Lemon's I'm glad I picked Barker Cheveolet in Lexington. They stuck to their word and sold mine at sicker. Also I ordered ground effects and they didnt come with the car. They called GM rep and threw a fit with them, the rep said I would get mine first and gave them an extra allocation. They were truely upset because I drove off with out them on the car. It may be an hour drive but it is worth it.
barking tires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #31
priz23
On 2nd 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS -Cyber Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
I'm still pissed about the autotrader thing Cliff tried to wiggle out of that one the night we picked our cars up. He slipped and told me you saw mine on autotrader, and when I got pissed and questioned him as to why my car was ever put on autotrader he said you didn't know what you were talking about I have a good feeling they would have sold that car out from under me in a heartbeat. Needless to say I will not be buying another car from Leman's among other issues with them

4k over MSRP huh...

Funny what happens when two people start talking. He was very proud of the fact that they were not selling any Camaros over MSRP like those price gouging dealers

The stripes are on. I will post pics soon....when I have time
Guys all the dealers put the orders on websites. I searched for 2 months to get a Camaro, and countless times was told the one I inquired about was presold. They did that to get people into show rooms. I even had one that was an order and not even on the lot. Went to the dealer, asked where the black RS was and they said it was on a truck but already sold. Of course they would be happy to place an order for me. I didn't fall for it (probably didn't have any allocations anyway) but they got half the battle won, I showed up.
priz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #32
barking tires
Supercharger

Got ground effects

Not to sure about the color being dark gray, but I do like the looks it gives the car. Might just get them painted black one of these days
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #33
Hanzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by barking tires View Post
Not to sure about the color being dark gray, but I do like the looks it gives the car. Might just get them painted black one of these days
I think they look great on your car. The gray looks good on most cars, probably why they decided on that color. Not sure how they would look in black until I saw them.

I do have a question about them. Have you had any problems with clearance with them? The car sits low itself and I barely clear my parents curb without any ground effect to their driveway without them.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #34
barking tires
Supercharger

Hanzo
The only problem I have had is coming off my small wheel ramps. The ramps are 7 inches high from the ground. About half way down they just barely touch the the ramps. The side panels were removed to put on the side ground effects. So make sure you ask for all parts that come off the car for ground effects. To me the front end comes out more then being lower.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #35
marcgo2

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
I don't have a Camaro but I used to live in Peoria, and then Marquette Heights. But Big Yellow moved me up north, thank god...j/k
Old 09-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #36
Hanzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgo2 View Post
I don't have a Camaro but I used to live in Peoria, and then Marquette Heights. But Big Yellow moved me up north, thank god...j/k
Thanks for posting here, you don't need a Camaro or live around here. Everyone is welcome to post. I think the G8's are sweet. How are you liking it? Too bad they don't make them anymore. I have a buddy who is a cop up in Yorkville.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #37
Hanzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by barking tires View Post
Hanzo
The only problem I have had is coming off my small wheel ramps. The ramps are 7 inches high from the ground. About half way down they just barely touch the the ramps. The side panels were removed to put on the side ground effects. So make sure you ask for all parts that come off the car for ground effects. To me the front end comes out more then being lower.
Never thought of that. They do stick out a couple inches giving it a better chance to scrape. Thanks for the info!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #38
marcgo2

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
Thanks for posting here, you don't need a Camaro or live around here. Everyone is welcome to post. I think the G8's are sweet. How are you liking it? Too bad they don't make them anymore. I have a buddy who is a cop up in Yorkville.
I love my G8 best car I've ever owned. It is too bad that they stopped making them, but I kind of like having a car that there aren't too many of out there.

You guys need to organize a central IL Camaro gathering, or come on up for the one in Chicago in October. I'm hoping to make it too Bruegala this year.

Tell your buddy if he sees a Blue G8 (hard to miss) not to pull me over, I've got no front license plate and like to travel above the posted speed limits.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #39
pace1967

Drives: 67pacer,67cp,69Z,69SSBB,2010SS
Decatur Il. red/jewel ss/rs #5897 first car from Miles chevrolet on May 6
pace1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:01 AM   #40
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
Indy here i wouldn't mind driving down that way for a meet and greet if it is on a weekend.
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #41
milesss

Drives: 2010 hurst, 2-69s, 65 vette
Clinton,Ill here
milesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #42
NewCamaroGuy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
I do have to say that I have had two pleasant buying experiences with Lemans. Last year I got a really sweet deal on a 2008 Trail Blazer while gas was $4 a gallon. And now I got the Camaro from them. They were the only dealer that didn't try to charge me another $300 on top of the price of the stripe kit to have them put on. And they bent over backwards to make the delivery seem important to them. Things like taking pics of the car on the truck, taking pics of me taking delivery, putting on my splash guards etc.... I felt good about buying there.
3000, Order accepted by production control - 7/22
3300, Order scheduled for production - 7/23 TPW=8/3
3400, Order broadcast - 7/29/09
3800, Order produced - 8/5/2009 04:37 #32896
4200, Shipped
4300, Intermediate Delivery
5000, Delivered to the dealer
6000, Delivered to the customer
2SS/RS, GCO, AFM, MX0

DIY Mods: Painted Engine Cover, Splash Guards, Red SS emblems on fenders & dash, Yellow door/dash trim, Dyed stitching, Heritage Grill
NewCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote