Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #71
Black Beauty
"The Camaro Whisperer"

Drives: 2010&1969Camaros,03 Impala,76Nova
Tran, thanks for picking Black Beauty for COTW 4/1/13. My wife's grandfather was born on this day 100 yrs. ago, and this month my wife Tammy, and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary. Thanks for the early gift. Hope to see you at the fest.
Black Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #72
Sickwitit

Drives: Fast, Faster, and O My God...!
Congrat's...nice build.
Sickwitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #73
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
Congratulations on COTW! Quite the build and nothing like having support from the wife. I'm fortunate to be in the same situation.

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #74
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
I think u have won everything now what is next?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #75
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
I think u have won everything now what is next?
Disneyworld!
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #76
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Congratulations on yet another well deserved recognition!
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #77
Black Beauty
"The Camaro Whisperer"

Drives: 2010&1969Camaros,03 Impala,76Nova
Good suggestion Ivan, WE"RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD LOL!!! But will have to be in october when they have their carshow within the park. Woodside, we haven't won that one yet, but then again we haven't attended that event yet. LOL!!!
Black Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #78
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Congrats on COTW!
Old 04-04-2013, 04:01 AM   #79
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
What a great looking car!

I'd also like to add that you are a great writer, and I love how you paid homage to your father, not just in the build of your car, but also in your first experience racing your car. Very cool story, for a very cool car.

Congrats on COTW. You deserve it.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #80
SleeperRS407

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT V6
Your grille is amazing! If I may ask, where did you get it? Or was it custom made for you? It really makes your Camaro look so original and it looks like a mean machine. Great Job!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #81
SleeperRS407

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT V6
Black Beauty, let me know if you come to Disney. I live a few minutes from it and would love to see your car in person.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #82
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Beauty View Post
My wife's love for me enabled me to live out my dream of owning an award winning camaro. Although Black Beauty was her first new vehicle she shared it with me.Through her patience, and understanding of what I was trying to achieve, her support, and willingness to give up some things she wanted for awhile, I was able to achieve my dream. This camaro has by far been the best car I have ever owned. Black Beauty has been an everyday driver, a dragrace winner, a super chevy dyno contestant, led a parade,been on the oval at Indy, won numerous awards, a contender any where she goes, became a Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler, driven to every event she attends, played Rudolph The Red Nosed Camaro, been a Hot Wheels Camaro for a weekend, pictured in a magazine, featured in a video interview for a gulf coast automotive show, used as a vacation car, attended a wedding as the bride, & grooms car. She has been driven in rain, sleet , snow, ice, and mud while encountering nails in her tires, an oil leak, an electrical problem,a water leak, a scratched wheel, had one rocker panel gouged, railyard dust embedded in paint, Been stuck in gravel at a rivers edge while on the power tour, (don't ask), road rash on her nose while on the power tour so bad it had to be repainted,She is loved by many, hated by few, and respected by most because of her achievements. She is truly a modern day hot rod. She will be used as our 25th wedding anniversary vehicle in April, and will get to put her wheels in the sand, & see the ocean for the first time. My wife, and I met, & fell in love on a beach, how appropriate for us to celebrate our silver anniversary there. I have been blessed to have had two beauties in my life, and Tammy I've always told you one day, I would tell the world how much I love you, and within in this story, and all the carshows we've attended, and people we've met, and friends that have become our family, all the road trips together, through the community of Camaro 5 , & Gods presence within our marriage. This is my world, and I love you with every ounce of the blood of christ that runs through my veins. I always have, and always will. You Tammy are my angel waiting on wings. Thank you.

Tammy, you always kid with me, and tell me, even though Black Beauty belongs to you,you see me all over that car. Everytime you look at her you think of me. That is how I intended it to be, in case something ever happens to me. I want you to take her for a spin, & I will be ridding shotgun with you, and you will know I'm there. The same way I knew my father rode shotgun with me that night at the dragstrip.

I'll leave you all with this for now until the next chapter begins;

A trophy does not make you a winner, It's the people you meet, the sharing of your love,and knowledge, and helping others to become better, along your journey to accepting the award is what makes you a winner.
March 16, 2013
Congrats on COTW but more importantly on your 25th! brother.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #83
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
ummmmm. tooooo much chrome for my taste. But Congrats.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #84
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Umm, does you car front center LED lights do the Knight Rider thing?

(bonus points for sound . . .)
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote