Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
khalsa013

Drives: 2ss & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to khalsa013 Send a message via Yahoo to khalsa013 Send a message via Skype™ to khalsa013
suspension questions?

what are coil overs? drop springs? what other options do i have? what brands have you used? what would you recommend to get?
khalsa013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
this is a good read, covers all the basics

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90270
Old 04-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
khalsa013

Drives: 2ss & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to khalsa013 Send a message via Yahoo to khalsa013 Send a message via Skype™ to khalsa013
lol i shoulda read that b4 posting
khalsa013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalsa013 View Post
what are coil overs? drop springs? what other options do i have? what brands have you used? what would you recommend to get?
Hey there! So there are a bunch of different parts available for the Camaro, which ones are right for you really depend on your overall performance goals and your budget.

Drop springs are our most basic Camaro product. They are a replacement spring that is designed to lower the stance of the vehicle while still working with your factory shock. Our springs will drop the car about 1.25", which is just about perfect for maintaining the reliability of your stock shocks. Too much lower than 1.25 inches and we've found you may end up compromising the longevity of your factory shocks.

Coilovers on the other hand are complete replacement shock and spring combinations. By moving away from the factory shock you have much more flexability with the features we can provide to users of our Coilovers. Key features that are available with our coilovers include adjustable dampers, adjustable ride height, and mounting solutions that are specific to the Camaro. Adjustable ride height will allow you to setup the car with the exact stance that you're looking for, you can setup the car from about stock ride height to about 2" lower than stock. Adjustable dampers will let you tune the ride quality of your car depending on what ever your doing, we have suggested settings for Drag Racing, Street driving, or competition Autox/Road Racing that will help you get the most out of your car. Equally as important is that our coilovers are built specifically for the Camaro, that means there is no drilling the rear deck area to access the adjuster... rather the adjusters are placed at the bottom of the shocks and are easily reached.

We are doing some slight revisions to our coilover products in our continuing effort to make our products better and better. Here are some pre production prototype photos you can check out.

If you have any questions about anything suspension related to the Camaro be sure to give us a shout. You can reach me directly at jarrett@pfadtracing.com , or you can always give us a call at 1-888-972-2464. Let us know what your goals are and we can help customize a package that will help you reach them!

Camaro Fronts

Camaro Rears

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote