Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Talking MADE SOMEONE'S DAY

Yesterday, was like my Camaro apperciation day. I just briefly went out to get some chrome pedals for the car and OMG I am just stopped every two minutes, everywhere I went.

One guy stopped me in traffic and asked to take pictures. I stopped to see a friend at his store and customers from nearby stores came out to admire it.

Then a biker did a complete u-turn in the road and came by to check out the car.

But the best was the last. As I over took a biker he started waving excitedly at me, giving me the thumbs. I give him the thumbs up to say thank you.

I notice he is following me all the way home. When I get home he takes his helmet off and appologises for following me. Then tells me the car is his DREAM car and we BS. He was about 20yrs.Then I ask him if he is wearing anything sharp on him. And I make his day and let him sit and feel what its like to sit in the new Camaro.

He is just elated and in heaven. He tells me he cant wait to tell his friends about it.

I'm happy I made someone's day. It costs nothing to make people happy like that, and maybe when he sees my car somewhere out and about he will respect it or keep an eye on it for me! Who knows!
Old 07-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
It costs nothing to make people happy like that
I wish more people thought like you do. Congrats on a great attitude and a great car.

- SK
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
Cool story, sounds like you made his day! Congratulations!
anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:46 AM   #4
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSK71 View Post
I wish more people thought like you do. Congrats on a great attitude and a great car.

- SK
+10,000!!!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #5
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Good for ya dude. Doing deeds like that always pay off in some unexpected way.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Well, that better than wanting to b****slap someone.

I usually let people sit in it if they seem to be clean. It surprises them usually. I'll be glad though, when more of them are out there. I love to talk about the car and I will always be happy to do so but sometimes I would just like to go.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #7
gold5000000

Drives: n/a
thats awsome good for you man
gold5000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
dreammy
Banned

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM RS
Random act of Camaro kindness.....cool
dreammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #9
BAD BRAD

Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO HEAR POSTIVE INSTEAD OF NEGATIVE LIKE SOME MUCH OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE SPREAD AROUND.
BAD BRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #10
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammy View Post
Random act of Camaro kindness.....cool
+1

We went to a local car meet a few weeks ago and a boy and his Dad were admiring our car...how could they not?...LOL...

The boy was about 9 or 10...we asked him if he wanted to sit in the driver's seat and have his Dad take a picture...

You should have seen this kid's face just "light up"...his Dad had a camera with him and we took some shots of him "driving" and then some of the boy and his Dad standing in front of the car...

Man, that was such a cool feeling...

I bet we made that kid's whole summer...I could just imagine him going home and showing all the pics and telling the story to all his friends and family...

It doesn't take too much to show kindness to others...if everyone treated each other the way we want to be treated, can you imagine what the world would be like???...

Last edited by "prima"Donna; 08-08-2009 at 01:21 PM.
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #11
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
awesome!!!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #12
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Anybody that has an old hotrod or a hot car knows it gets attention some more than others, I was on my way home from breakfast in my 69 getting the double takes the thumbs up even had a passenger on a motorcycle pull down her sunglasses down so she could take in the real color of the car. It happens when ever we drive are cars but some times I wave back or give the nod I think about some of the posts on the site. It gets old to some yes but does it take that much time to answer a few question about a car and just be nice like OP, hats off to you
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #13
optical
The Pilot

Drives: 1993 Chevy C1500 Ext Cab, 5.7L
Thats awesome to hear man! Put a smile on his face and you made someone's day. Sweet!
Old 08-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
I notice he is following me all the way home. When I get home he takes his helmet off and appologises for following me.

He is just elated and in heaven. He tells me he cant wait to tell his friends about it.
That's a really nice thing you did. I can't wait to get the turning head and wow treatment when I go out My wife did that one time, I ended marrying her and now she's like "You ugly prick, loose some weight you fat ass!" (hahaha j/k, or am i ) I would be careful tho.. he know where you live and wants to tell his friends about it. Hope you don't get jacked. Sorry, just over cautious b/c the area I work does crap like that.

Not trying to jack this thread, so don't comment to the below! I'm just giving an example how the world isn't as "safe" as it used to be (was it ever?)

There was a couple moving in to an apartment, carrying stuff up from their U-Haul. Two males were sitting outside and offered to help them carry stuff up. They carried an item up following the new renters. They then pulled out their pistols, hit the male renter over the head knocking him out and then robbed them. The male later woke up and wondered off, didn't know where he was, what happened and so forth. I found him wandering around a few blocks down the road. People thought he was just a homeless drunk. He had been drinking and wasn't wearing shoes...

please be careful/cautious guys if someone's following you. they could also be carrying a garage door code stealer and copy your code as you open the garage door, only to come at a later time and steal from/rob you.

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote