Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I'm about to buy an intake

I am probably going to order a CAI intake either this evening or tomorrow.
Before I pull the trigger, is there any reason that the cold air inductions intake wouldn't be the best idea?

Also, where should I order it online? Is there any benefit from ordering it from a different website than from CAI directly?
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
bradmak

Drives: 1LS
in for answers
bradmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
Before I pull the trigger, is there any reason that the cold air inductions intake wouldn't be the best idea?

Also, where should I order it online? Is there any benefit from ordering it from a different website than from CAI directly?
Many different cold air intakes on the market. Some are better than others. From what I have heard, the CAI is one of the better ones, so good choice.

As for ordering direct, you might save some money by checking some of the vendors websites. Shop around a bit before you pull the trigger.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #4
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
dont forget the scoop and a washer bottle relocate kit that gets it out of the air way.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:38 AM   #5
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
Quote:

Umm.. because it doesn't work with that centri supercharger you're going to order next week!?

Get it from a vendor on here, they have many deals on them all the time. (One of them offers the CAI w/ ww relocate and air scoop for about $75 off I think) Look in the "merchant sales bolt on v8" section.
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:

You can't go wrong with a CAI Inc intake system. At Apex Motorsports we are actually a stocking distributor, not a dedicated drop shipper like many others. That means when we say we have them in stock we can actually walk into the warehouse and put our hands on it. We don't take your order then hope we can source one from somewhere. We also offer free shipping on all CAI Inc intake orders and the package pricing on the scoop and washer tank kit that others have mentioned. If you have any questions don't hesitate to shoot me a PM or give us a call.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #7
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
If you go that route, I'd get the ADM scoop and Roto-Fab washer bottle too. Contact Juiced1 (Juicedmotorsports) or AutoAgenda as they have really good combo prices.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #8
gafool

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM
why the scoop and the bottle relocator? does it not work well by itself?
gafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gafool View Post
IMO, it's okay but adding the scoop makes a lot of sense for any behind the headlight style intake. If you don't need a washer botttle then you can save money there. If you do need one, the Roto-Fab is a very nice tank that looks stock and doesn't take up space down where you just opened it up.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #10
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
selling my C.A.I and scoop for $380 shipped
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #11
Rdphish73

Drives: 2012 Ashen Grey LS-3 RS/2SS Coupe
My Airaid CAI w/scoop is sweet. I'm a 'tard and I installed in under an hour. That's my recommendation.
2012 AGM LS-3 RS/SS: Airaid CAI, Ceramic Coated Dynatech SuperMaxx LT Headers, High Flow Cats, Borla "S-Type" Cat-Back Exhaust, Ted Jannetty Tuned, LS-3 Cowl Badging, RS/SS Fender Badging. Custom Bow-Ties by Lupe
Rdphish73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
You can't go wrong with a CAI Inc intake system. At Apex Motorsports we are actually a stocking distributor, not a dedicated drop shipper like many others. That means when we say we have them in stock we can actually walk into the warehouse and put our hands on it. We don't take your order then hope we can source one from somewhere. We also offer free shipping on all CAI Inc intake orders and the package pricing on the scoop and washer tank kit that others have mentioned. If you have any questions don't hesitate to shoot me a PM or give us a call.
PM'd.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #13
13FastBlkSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
PM'd.
Good choice, I ordered mine from them and am awaiting UPS for delivery today

2013 Black / Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Magnuson TVS2300, ZL1 Fuelpump / ADM FPCM, NPP Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI w/ Scoop, Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMAX Ported TB, OEM 1LE Front Splitter, AAC Ghosted Side Markers, Dropped on BMR Split Drop Springs
Build#24869
13FastBlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #14
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by gafool View Post
the cai inc intake works great by itself. the scoop and the bottle relocate kit just takes it to another level...
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote