Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-06-2008, 10:21 AM   #85
JohnnyCamaro

Drives: 98 Camaro
JohnnyCamaro-AKA John Cox from GM Accessories:

Rally Stripes are decklid as well, I just wanted to point out that the hood and hockey stripes had a decklid piece as well.
As for why no red, we are constantly monitoring demand but Decals have shelf lifes and we had to ensure that the demand would ensure that the stripes are purchased in a timely manner. We felt like we had a 8 unique offerings and that we offered the main offerings people desired.

Just to clarify, the comments and beliefs I make are those of myself and not of the company I represent.
JohnnyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:36 AM   #86
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
ok..I have a few questions...what is the best way to keep the vinyl clean...do they make anything to help keep its color??? and I also read where you could put a clear coat over the vinyl...is this a good idea??
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:00 AM   #87
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCamaro View Post
Hey John,

Thanks for your posts. I was wondering how to get in touch with you after Indy with questions and updates. I appreciate all the time you and the rest of the team took during and after your presentation and I look forward to your future posts down the road.

Question.

Will the blade spoiler make it into Wave 1? And if not, have you got an approximate timeframe on when it will be available?

Also, when might we start seeing more actual images of the accessories and options in the catalog?

Thanks,
Nelson
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #88
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
^^^^ I to would like to know when we may see more of the actual images of the options catalog. I'm ordering in one week! LOL any way of getting just a few pics?
SimC33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #89
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:

Rally Stripes are decklid as well, I just wanted to point out that the hood and hockey stripes had a decklid piece as well.
As for why no red, we are constantly monitoring demand but Decals have shelf lifes and we had to ensure that the demand would ensure that the stripes are purchased in a timely manner. We felt like we had a 8 unique offerings and that we offered the main offerings people desired.

Just to clarify, the comments and beliefs I make are those of myself and not of the company I represent.
Hi John,

Was there any reason why the colour Silver was not chosen for the Hockey Strip package as well? I was thinking of Imperial Blue, but really wanted silver, not Cyber Grey or Black stripes as to me, they would appear too dark and white would be too clean if you know what I mean.
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #90
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Never had stripes on a car before. How durable are they? I'd be worried that they would begin to come off after several washings. Or maybe when you have alot of ice and salt.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #91
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
This is JohnnyCamaro-AKA John Cox from GM Accessories and I wanted everyone to know what exact colors we will be offering for the stripe packages.

For the Rally Stripes we have:
Silver
I plan on getting the silver Rally Stripes for my Red Jewel SS. I was wondering if the Rally Stripes will have the pinstripe outline ala the Bumblebee stripe style?

Thanks!
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #92
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
I plan on getting the silver Rally Stripes for my Red Jewel SS. I was wondering if the Rally Stripes will have the pinstripe outline ala the Bumblebee stripe style?

Thanks!
the outline stripe is shown on the production intent slide at the beginning of the thread
Old 10-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #93
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
the outline stripe is shown on the production intent slide at the beginning of the thread
I need glasses. I missed the tiny gap in the pic..Lol..Thanks for the response Headpunter.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:42 PM   #94
headpunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
I need glasses. I missed the tiny gap in the pic..Lol..Thanks for the response Headpunter.
hopefully that makes up for my gaff earlier....reading forums before i have coffee and a shower is ok, but posting is not so bueno....
Old 10-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #95
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I am glad John mentioned that all these stripe packages each have their own RPO number. As a collector, we are always looking at how rare stripe and color combos are and this will help.

Cars with stripe packages ordered when the car was ordered (on the buildsheet) will be more desireable than the same car which had it's stripe package ordered over the counter.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #96
headpunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I am glad John mentioned that all these stripe packages each have their own RPO number. As a collector, we are always looking at how rare stripe and color combos are and this will help.

Cars with stripe packages ordered when the car was ordered (on the buildsheet) will be more desireable than the same car which had it's stripe package ordered over the counter.
sweet so my black stripes will actually make it worth more.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #97
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
sweet so my black stripes will actually make it worth more.
I would say more desireable anyway. As the cars become collectible, people will look for cars with specific color combinations. The nicest looking combinations will become the most desireable and thus may be able to command a higher resale value.

If I was looking at a used 'black stripe on red' colored Camaro, I would first read the RPO sticker to make sure the option was on the sticker. Dealer installed options do not have the same credibility in the collector car world.

For example, a black '69 Z/28 will command a 5 grand premium over any other colored '69 Z/28.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #98
Hylton

Another thing I like is that with so many different stripe and paint color combinations, we should see quite a few ' 1 of 5' color combo cars. Unfortunately Punter, I have a feeling your color is not going to be one of them. Mostly because it is so nice that as soon as you drive it around town, people will want a car that looks just like it!

I might come up with a stripe color combo late in the year and stick the car in the garage until you can't get that combination anymore. I don't want to see myself coming and going. I can always do something like getting white stripes on a white car or red stripes on a red car. Then you can get crazy and put red stripes on a blue car or orange stripes on a red car.....