Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #29
CamaroBelarus

Drives: black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i really hope people start buying the mustang. come on its faster ! lol
It is faster, when u drive a camaro. Damn, im sure mustang gt even faster when zl1 is in ur hands.
CamaroBelarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #30
AngeloVEnforcer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
The Mustang is not going anywhere guys. If anything you'll see a new Lincoln Mark after the 2014 redesign to fill the high end market and some of that plants volume.

As for the axle talk just drop it already. It's been proven time after time stock for stock the Mustang handles better than the mediocre setup in the Camaro. I hope the Camaro and Challenger stick around to keep Ford honest and I would hope you all feel the same so GM keeps pushing the Camaro further.

If it wasn't for the success of the 05+ Mustang you all wouldn't even be driving a Camaro.

The Mustang isn't going anywhere, but it is being crushed in sales by it's counterpart. Ford doesn't have what it takes to compete with the Camaro revolution. It's an icon. The 2005 Mustang was just a new model with a retro look, the 2010 Camaro was branded as a modern day sports car with 1st Gen inspired looks. The power, styling, and branding have made the Camaro a success. The Mustang, as always, is just a Mustang.

I sense dissent and distaste with your last statement in your post. Claiming that the success of the 2005 Mustang brought out the new Camaro. Couldn't be further from the truth. If anything, the retro styling was started by the PT Cruiser.
AngeloVEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #31
AKcamaro

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS CAMARO
I still believe that Transformers was BY FAR the best thing that GM did with the marketing of the Camaro. 95% of America is so brainwashed by Hollywood into believing that everything on the big screen is the greatest thing ever. It just so happens that the new Camaro happens to be that great!

Most of us car guys/gals see past this as marketing but truly look at the car for what it is, one of the best muscle cars ever produced in styling and performance. Some of us are loyal to GM products or the Camaro brand and another group was swayed over from the Mustang. The thing that puts the Camaro over the top of average sales to me is all of the new buyers coming in because of Transformers and it being the "hip" car that Hollywood has portrayed to us.
AKcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #32
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
I would think most car manufactures would be doing high fives to sell 70,xxx cars from a model that came out in 2005. Don't feel sorry for the Mustang, they sold 325,xxx alone in the first two model years of this generation.

They can afford to loss a little money on the Mustang until the 2014 model comes out. GM needs to be agile enough to be ready with the Gen6 model for 2015 and make last minute adjustments.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #33
bpmurr
The Enemy ;)

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Send a message via AIM to bpmurr
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeloVEnforcer View Post
The Mustang isn't going anywhere, but it is being crushed in sales by it's counterpart. Ford doesn't have what it takes to compete with the Camaro revolution. It's an icon. The 2005 Mustang was just a new model with a retro look, the 2010 Camaro was branded as a modern day sports car with 1st Gen inspired looks. The power, styling, and branding have made the Camaro a success. The Mustang, as always, is just a Mustang.

I sense dissent and distaste with your last statement in your post. Claiming that the success of the 2005 Mustang brought out the new Camaro. Couldn't be further from the truth. If anything, the retro styling was started by the PT Cruiser.
You might want to go back and look at interviews from GM and Chrysler personnel since 05. The Pony Car segment was just about on its deathbed prior to the 05 Mustang. The success of that car gave the green light in GM and Chrysler to build their own. Forget about the retro aspect because the Camaro certainly isn’t that. Plus don’t read too much into my post because your looking for dissent and distaste that’s not there. However, if things keep going this way the Camaro will just be a Camaro because you'll see them everywhere.
2015 GT PP
2014 GT500 SVTPP/Track Pack
2013 Boss 302
2011 GT500 SVTPP
2010 GT500
2005 GT
bpmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #34
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
I'm with a few others here,i still love my maro after two years of ownership,hell i even had a guy ask me the other day if i wanted to sell it,i told him not really but $$$ talks,if he will give me what it would take for me to sell it then yeah,i'll sell to him,that way i would have a good down payment for the "ZL1"...he could buy a new 2011 camaro for what it would take to get mine but i have done alot of mods to mine,..anyway back to topic,i would hate to see people lose jobs,and i do believe that the mustang is gonna be redefined in a way that people are gonna look at it the way they look at the camaro today,and after the "ZL1" beast hits the streets and out does the shelby then ford will have to do something to beef-up the motor to meet or beat the zl1......then guess what...? CHEVY will come out with the "Z28"...and the wars continue on,
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #35
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
You might want to go back and look at interviews from GM and Chrysler personnel since 05. The Pony Car segment was just about on its deathbed prior to the 05 Mustang. The success of that car gave the green light in GM and Chrysler to build their own. Forget about the retro aspect because the Camaro certainly isn’t that. Plus don’t read too much into my post because your looking for dissent and distaste that’s not there. However, if things keep going this way the Camaro will just be a Camaro because you'll see them everywhere.
funny about the remark about seeing camaro's everywhere,that is exactly what i thought and still think about the mustang,which i think the good sales of the camaro is bittersweet due to the fact of the amount of sales,i'd rather not see a camaro everytime i turn the corner,
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #36
edz10ss

Drives: Silver Metalic Ice w/ black Stripes
This is such awesome news. Just imagine if chevy actually starts playing Camaro commercials on TV, Mustangs will be done. All I saw every two seconds while I watch Fox ch. 5 is that mustang commercial. I never see a Camaro commercial. I don't like to see someone out of a job though. Everything about the Camaro is better, from looks, handle, speed, and its a CHEVY!
edz10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #37
dr damon

Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKcamaro View Post
I still believe that Transformers was BY FAR the best thing that GM did with the marketing of the Camaro. 95% of America is so brainwashed by Hollywood into believing that everything on the big screen is the greatest thing ever. It just so happens that the new Camaro happens to be that great!

Most of us car guys/gals see past this as marketing but truly look at the car for what it is, one of the best muscle cars ever produced in styling and performance. Some of us are loyal to GM products or the Camaro brand and another group was swayed over from the Mustang. The thing that puts the Camaro over the top of average sales to me is all of the new buyers coming in because of Transformers and it being the "hip" car that Hollywood has portrayed to us.

Transformers or not, once i saw the concept, i just had to get one, but for the younger people and children, Transformers blew the camaro out of the water. Great marketing by chevrolet. I used to keep replaying the scenes in TF1 that had the camaro in it. 5th gen camaro will be a WORLD icon, because of transformers. Kinda like Star Wars is to my generation.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #38
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
yup, redesigning the mustang seems to be Ford's best hope(or drastically dropping prices). Doesn't help w/ the V6 shortage either...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #39
JHL88

Drives: 02 z06
ford will be alright. the mustang to them is like the corvette to us. it wont persish
2002 torch redc5z06 - sold :(
'13 z71 4x4 - DD

www.fquick.com/JHL88
JHL88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #40
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It looks like more special editions are on the way. That's Ford's answer to competing with the Camaro until 2014. I look forward to seeing more vinyl-clad Mustangs on the streets.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #41
Good2go
Team Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Z06 and 2011 Camaro 2SS
Look at the majority of these coments. If the tables were turned, as in the "reborn" Camaro flopped and trailed the mustang's sales numbers, you'd see all kinds of "good riddens", or "to hell with the crap-maro, let it die" posts on the mustang forums. I, like most of you, don't want to see the 'stang go away. Competition improves the breed. Ford will find a way to make it more appealing, and keep GM on their toes.
Good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #42
coolman

We better hope that the mustang doesn't go away. Competition breeds good cars. When the competition goes away so does the quality of the cars left and pretty soon they go too. Our cars will suffer if the mustang goes. Not to mention all the people that will be out of work.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote