Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
BATMANs

Drives: GTO & NSX
I support this officer's behavior and encourage it

There is a place for people who enjoy soaking in the beautiful colors of fall and all the other amazing scenes of nature as they drive down the open highway.

It's called the right lane.

If you're sightseeing or rubbernecking in the left, get your butt over.
Why is that rule so freakin' hard to follow?

As drivers, we do a lot of things that irritate each other.

We signal but never turn.

We turn but don't signal.

We forget who is supposed to go next at a four-way stop sign.

But nothing comes close to the level of irritation that comes from being stuck behind someone doing 55 in a 65 in the far left lane. Drive the speed you want, but why infringe on the rights of those in a hurry? To me, that's giving the rest of us on the road the finger in the most passive aggressive -- "Who me?"-- way possible. In fact, I would much rather have someone pull up beside me, roll down their window and flip me the bird as they go driving by than be trapped behind this vehicular anarchist.

And you know they see you.

They see all of us -- bobbing and weaving in their rearview mirror, trying to find a gap between the lanes big enough so we may be able to slip through and go on with our lives. But nooooooooo -- these offenders don't feel obligated to go any faster and they refuse to move over to the right because in their sanctimonious minds, they're going fast enough for all of us.

That's why they go through great lengths to ignore the high beams glaring in their eyes. And they don't look over at you when you do eventually pass because they can't stop being prickly, not even for the three seconds it takes for us to look at them with our signature, highway glare that says:

I.
Won.

The thing is there are about 312 million people in the United States and roughly 250 million registered vehicles. There will always be somebody somewhere driving faster ... it's easier for everyone to just let them.
Besides, think of all the harm caused by slowpokes?

For example, how are cops going to hand out speeding tickets if no one can speed?

And what about all the coffee shops that are losing money from the customers who don't have time to pull into the drive-thru before work because they've been trapped behind "Speedy" for five miles.

Essentially, slow drivers in the left lane are like job killers, and if elected president I would seek a constitutional amendment making lane hoarding illegal.

And not just on the highway, but in every facet of life.

The folks who like to walk side-by-side chatting on the track at the gym. You know who you are -- move it.

The people who stand on an escalator in such a way as to take up the entire step should be assessed a property tax, especially in airports where they know everybody around them is trying to get somewhere else.
Really, is it so hard to stand to the right so those people who need to run up the stairs to make their flight, likely because they were trapped behind a slow driver in the left lane on the way to the airport, have a better chance of doing so?

If you're visiting a new city, don't stand in the middle of a busy sidewalk to look up or read a map. Step off to the side so those who live there can get to where they are going. This is especially true for the too cute newlyweds who like take up 75% of the sidewalk holding hands and staring into each other's eyes.

You don't have to get a room, but you do need to get the hell out of the way.

This week we celebrated the 7 billionth person being born, and the first thing I thought about was who is going to teach that person how to drive?
How to share the global common space that is slowly becoming more crowded, requiring us to be more aware of the needs of the people all around us? Because at the end of the day, that's what the left lane is really all about. It's not about how fast someone is going. It's about having an agreed upon space where we let each other pass on by.

A space we agree upon to let each other be.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/01/opinio...ane/index.html
2005 GTO Maggie, Forged engine, CAI, Kooks LTH, Magnaflow, Billet Pro shifter, LS7 clutch, 245/275 18" on Petrol Octane, Addco Sways, Koni Yellows, King Springs, Whiteline bushings, EBC Red, X-drilled/slotted rotors, SS brake lines, 55w HID, PLX gauges

1993 NSX Kenne Bell 2.1, Laminova IC, sway bars, NSX-R chassis bars, and non-compliance toe links, Tien EDFC, STMPO exhaust & brake ducts, RM Racing headers, K&N/Cantrall intake, Enkei RP03 17"18", APR GTC-300
BATMANs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
After a visit to the Autobahn in Europe drivers in the US come back in awe that the drivers there know how to safely travel at speed and have the courtesy to move out of the way of the other drivers.

So many accidents here are caused by the abrubt braking and lane changes for the traffic to get around the idiot going slow in the fast lane.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
That was awesome!!
Muscle SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
insidethreat07

Drives: 2001 Camaro 3.8
:party0038:
Old 11-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I bet that guy was crapping in his pants!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
"joe, you don't have the stickers"

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Drives: 2010 yellow 1ss m6 -GM tech
Wish I had the power to do that!!! Cop should of pulled him over and billy batted him just to make sure prick got the hint!!
canadian ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #8
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
awesome
Old 11-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
>I support this officer's behavior and encourage it

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #10
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
As a cop, I found that hilarious! Here in Missouri, we actually have a charge for driving in the left lane when not passing another vehicle. Therefore, it is technically illegal to drive in the "fast" lane except when passing. I think it reads something like "failed to drive in the right lane on a roadway having two or more lanes in the same direction."
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
As a cop, I found that hilarious! Here in Missouri, we actually have a charge for driving in the left lane when not passing another vehicle. Therefore, it is technically illegal to drive in the "fast" lane except when passing. I think it reads something like "failed to drive in the right lane on a roadway having two or more lanes in the same direction."
EVERY state needs to have that law!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #12
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I've been legitimately considering having a vinyl sticker made that fills my entire rear window with the text, "LEFT LANE FOR PASSING ONLY"

Would that be illegal?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Frigg'in awesome... Give that cop a raise... And Justin, you just need to add "douche bag" at the end of your banner... Or GOTFPAD... Get off the f%#*ing phone and drive....

The other thing that irritates the crap out of me is the butt holes that know your back there... And when you find an opening, they try to block you by accelerating... Fortunately, that's not an issue for me anymore... Little gas and boost and they are distant memories...and then the a-holes that didn't have a car in front of them for two miles... You get around them and then they want to tailgate you like you're blocking them... Little tire roasting at 75 usually backs them off quite nicely...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...

Last edited by SSE 4 2SS; 11-02-2011 at 02:30 PM.
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #14
BATMANs

Drives: GTO & NSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
California has a similar law where the left lane is for passing and there is something else for impeding traffic going too slow in the passing lance, etc.

I don't really know the details since that doesn't apply to me.....
2005 GTO Maggie, Forged engine, CAI, Kooks LTH, Magnaflow, Billet Pro shifter, LS7 clutch, 245/275 18" on Petrol Octane, Addco Sways, Koni Yellows, King Springs, Whiteline bushings, EBC Red, X-drilled/slotted rotors, SS brake lines, 55w HID, PLX gauges

1993 NSX Kenne Bell 2.1, Laminova IC, sway bars, NSX-R chassis bars, and non-compliance toe links, Tien EDFC, STMPO exhaust & brake ducts, RM Racing headers, K&N/Cantrall intake, Enkei RP03 17"18", APR GTC-300
BATMANs is offline   Reply With Quote