Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #29
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I find the wide gap between the number of 2ss andd 1ss sold compared to the close game of the number of 2lt vs 1lt sold telling.

Seems like, the 1ss is almost a useless model to offer, because if someone is going to to get the V8 they might as well get the 2ss, because its absolutely illogical to spend the money on the SS and not get the full model.

Now compare that to the narrow gap between 2lt and 1lt. Looks like the 1LT owners didn't see the point of spending any more change, because they wanted to stay at a certain pricepoint. But combine the 2 numbers and you have almost 35% of the market being V6 Camaros.
See me at the Christmas tree and I will show you that I have the full model. You have a sixbanger and you're calling the 1SS less than a full model? I guess that you would rather have DOODADS than the horsepower of a honking V-8. I have had experience with Chevy's "leather" and found the 66% of it that is VINYL. What do you think? Do you think that those of us that are adverse to "Pleather" should not be offered an SS? Why do you care what I bought? I don't care if you got the one with the Vinoleum seats and the Bluetooth. Does the bluetooth make yours go faster or handle better than my 1SS? If I add the garage door opener will I turn a quicker quarter mile at New England Dragway? I have just what I need, no more or no less. I have the polished wheels, the Boston Accoustics and the only thing that I thought that the car should have had from the factory, the gauge pack is on order and paid for and will be installed by the end of the week.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #30
Kwik

Drives: car
I wanted my Camaro SS simple. A 1SS is perfect for me. It's just like the way Brock Yates drew up the original Roadrunner. Very basic car with lots of muscle. I LOVE it!
Kwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #31
LookingGlass
Future Chevy Owner

Drives: Impatiently waiting!!!
Send a message via Yahoo to LookingGlass
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
I got a 1SS because I hate leather seats. I dont mind the rest (blue tooth, stereo etc) but they arent that important to me. If they offered the 2SS in cloth I'd have gone with that.
Same here. But but I'm also small (in height and weight), so I slide on leather. I don't require all the bells and whistles in the 2SS either. I'm pretty happy with a 'bare bones' car. As a matter of fact I prefer it in this car.
LookingGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #32
Leolee

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
See me at the Christmas tree and I will show you that I have the full model. You have a sixbanger and you're calling the 1SS less than a full model? I guess that you would rather have DOODADS than the horsepower of a honking V-8. I have had experience with Chevy's "leather" and found the 66% of it that is VINYL. What do you think? Do you think that those of us that are adverse to "Pleather" should not be offered an SS? Why do you care what I bought? I don't care if you got the one with the Vinoleum seats and the Bluetooth. Does the bluetooth make yours go faster or handle better than my 1SS? If I add the garage door opener will I turn a quicker quarter mile at New England Dragway? I have just what I need, no more or no less. I have the polished wheels, the Boston Accoustics and the only thing that I thought that the car should have had from the factory, the gauge pack is on order and paid for and will be installed by the end of the week.
wow take things to heart much?... relax he was just stating an opinion like we all do on here
Leolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #33
HOZAY
The Eponymous Jose

Drives: A V6. Yes. A LLT.
Quote:

I think you're taking this far more seriously than was warranted. ::shrug::
Old 05-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #34
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
I couldn't justify paying the 2SS price with the performance mods i had in mind. Not knocking the 2, but...
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #35
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
I think we all knew black would win the color wars
Old 05-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #36
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Love my IOM 2SSRS
Old 05-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #37
mpsheedy
2010AQUABLUE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Aqua Blue/white stripes
I am so glad I got the Aqua Blue Metallic, a rare one for sure!!
mpsheedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #38
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
when i ever i go to all the shows im with at least five or more camaros and everybody is always looking at the aqua blue like there where no other camaros around .
Old 05-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #39
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyLS3SS View Post
Or maybe some of us just don't want leather and want to be special for a low model production. Because maybe down the road since so few are made they will be worth more LOL
Quote:
Hey.......just cuz I decided to talk out of my ass doesn't mean everyone else, including you, have to do it either.....LMFAO

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #40
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Wow...somebody not happy! lol

Maybe it makes you feel better that you have the V8, but you do not technically have the "full" model. Thats the 2SS and you don't have it. I'm in no way putting you down for getting a 1SS, but don't state you have the full model.

Now, I will agree with you that I don't think it is "illogical" to get a 1SS vs going for 2SS.....just try not to get all bent out of shape about it next time by reasoning that you car is much better because you have a V8.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #41
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
It was always the 2SS or nuthin for me. hell, it's my birthday present and my last '82 RS, V6 was my 1st ever new car and I couldn't afford what I really wanted - the Z28!

These numbers do show what people wanted though
Then you see all the people adding mods to make it like the next up level car!

Hey, to each their own which is what's cool.
Enjoy YOUR ride!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #42
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Hey, to each their own which is what's cool.
Enjoy YOUR ride!
So true....so true!