Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
iwanariot2LT

Drives: yellow 2LT rs
SLP BLACKWING

iv been looking for a thread for hp gains or other positive things... good intake? Wrhp gain? Worth it?
iwanariot2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #2
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
I put one on a '12 2LT.

The air tube looks like stock material which is a plus for me. It opens up a lot of room in the engine bay which is a benefit if you want a catch can, etc. It also looks like it will provide smoother air flow.

I tried the supplied filter. It was a bit too thick so I couldn't use it and close the air filter box properly. I should call SLP about that.

Does it provide any HP gains, I really couldn't say.

For me the factory air tube (and it's baffles) just had to go.

On my car SLP wants you to cut off part of the factory air tube to use as a spacer between the SLP air tube and the throttle body. I didn't do that. I bought a spacer at autozone. They really should just include a spacer in the box or make a different air tube with the proper dimensions.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
iwanariot2LT

Drives: yellow 2LT rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
I put one on a '12 2LT.

The air tube looks like stock material which is a plus for me. It opens up a lot of room in the engine bay which is a benefit if you want a catch can, etc. It also looks like it will provide smoother air flow.

I tried the supplied filter. It was a bit too thick so I couldn't use it and close the air filter box properly. I should call SLP about that.

Does it provide any HP gains, I really couldn't say.

For me the factory air tube (and it's baffles) just had to go.

On my car SLP wants you to cut off part of the factory air tube to use as a spacer between the SLP air tube and the throttle body. I didn't do that. I bought a spacer at autozone. They really should just include a spacer in the box or make a different air tube with the proper dimensions.
Cool
...did you notice any difference in throttle response or gas or anything like that?.. Thanks for your input dude.
iwanariot2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanariot2LT View Post
Cool
...did you notice any difference in throttle response or gas or anything like that?.. Thanks for your input dude.
My butt dyno said it was better but I have no "proof" to back that up.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #5
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanariot2LT View Post
iv been looking for a thread for hp gains or other positive things... good intake? Wrhp gain? Worth it?
If you simply must have a factory-like look, go for it. I had this before but switched to Injen. It's a tiny step up from just replacing the stock panel filter. It was too conservative for me.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote