Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-19-2010, 02:43 AM   #1
phily

Drives: 2010 camaro ss/rs
Revolution hood help.

Hey guys I just had my body shop friend install and paint my revolution hood. What I need help with is how it sits while closed. At first it wasn't aligned well and my friend tweaked the nobs that go up and down and reset the latch screws and the front of the hood sat perfect. The rear corners of the hood were a smidge high. Nothing really noticeable unless you touched it. So after a day of driving today the front of the hood sits higher. It's noticeable and I tried readjusting the nobs that go up and down and so far nothing. Any help is appreciated :/. I'll upload a pic of how it looked after he did it.

The color actually matches really well but the sun light was hitting the bumper on a wierd angle so it looks off a little.

Mods: Magnaflow axleback competition series exhaust | RotoFab CAI | Revolution Hood | Matte Black hash marks | Matte black cordon cr-1 rims. | Blacked out tail lights & bezels | Aac purple light package

Last edited by phily; 06-19-2010 at 10:23 AM.
phily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:52 AM   #2
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
well, im not sure if this will help at all but this is my story. Month ago, my hood was sitting way tooo low of the front fascia and i thought it was just the way GM designed the camaro for more aero dynamics lol? after seeing a couple more camaros on the road and actually getting close up to one, i realized that mines was an oddball with the hood sinking below the fascia. i tried adjusting it with the knobs but all i was doing was making it harder to close the hood. took it into my dealer and he agreed that this was strange and i was the first with this problem. simple fix, they repositioned the front fascia and now everything fits all perfect.
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
phily

Is the front fascia the metal that hooks to the car?

Mods: Magnaflow axleback competition series exhaust | RotoFab CAI | Revolution Hood | Matte Black hash marks | Matte black cordon cr-1 rims. | Blacked out tail lights & bezels | Aac purple light package
Old 06-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
Kreature

no the front fascia is the WHOLE FRONT bumper. you should take it into your dealer if you cant fix it urself but i dont know how much your dealer will help you since its an aftermarket hood.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:34 PM   #5
phily

Ohhhhh so you think my front may be to low then? My stock hood was perfect.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
Kreature

yup correct, your front may be too low. it happened to me with it being too high.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:30 PM   #7
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Is the hood too far forward and low in the back, can't really tell from the pictures.
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:37 AM   #8
V8Addict

Drives: 2016 2SS
the two screws on either side of the striker adjusts the height of the closed hood......if your hood is too high, just turn them down a bit
V8Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #9
phily

The hood sits a little to high. I put all the screws as low as they could go and it doesn't affect the placement of the hood.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:28 PM   #10
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
You may need 2 washers under the strike "U" bolt in the front or it may be to long to pull the hood all the way down, On my hood it was to short and did not close right.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #11
Eric-MPD1.com

Drives: Cool parts for cool cars
You really need to adjust the latch down and then turn the snubbers in.
Eric-MPD1.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #12
Fiction5

Drives: Black/Black 2ss RS
Hey guys, I just recently got the hood installed on my 2010 ss/rs, just wondering if any of you guys have put in a screen mesh just to keep the bugs and rocks from flying into the engine bay. Thanks!
Fiction5 is offline   Reply With Quote