Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-01-2010, 06:31 AM   #57
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I'm interested in a harness when they are available. Thanks for the hard work!
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:25 AM   #58
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Drives: 2010 SS
Any news? I'd be interested as well. I love this forum. I sit on my fat a$$ and read all the ingenious mods and upgrades that some brainiacs figure out and I reap the rewards. Thanks for the hard work!!!
BUMBLE-B-TUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #59
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
My double sided tape idea didn't work. Back to the clip on the sunvisor.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:42 AM   #60
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
The connectors I received are not exact matches to the ones needed for a passthru harness. I modded what I got so they will fit and work but, they are far from ideal. Unfortunately, they didn't send me any sockets (pins) for the connectors so, I'm at a standstill until I get those. Sometimes I have something that will work but, that isn't the case for these. I still have the option of the actual homelink connector with two wires and the crimp splices but, it's hard telling when I'll have pins for the plug n play option. Sorry guys... just how it goes when you're not a big corporation trying to get something built. When you're just some shmoe working in your basement they don't really feel a big urge to help you out.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #61
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
The connectors I received are not exact matches to the ones needed for a passthru harness. I modded what I got so they will fit and work but, they are far from ideal. Unfortunately, they didn't send me any sockets (pins) for the connectors so, I'm at a standstill until I get those. Sometimes I have something that will work but, that isn't the case for these. I still have the option of the actual homelink connector with two wires and the crimp splices but, it's hard telling when I'll have pins for the plug n play option. Sorry guys... just how it goes when you're not a big corporation trying to get something built. When you're just some shmoe working in your basement they don't really feel a big urge to help you out.
Darth, we all appreciate what you are doing!!! Please don't feel stressed about any of this, as you are doing us a favor, not an obligation!! Still...

Thanks again!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #62
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
No worries, good things come to those who wait. Keep up the good work.
BUMBLE-B-TUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #63
Cj_

Drives: 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
I couldn't find the answer to this? can you get just the module with out the whole console? or is there a similar console that you can use?
I ended up getting the same console as everyone else. Wired to the pink wire as instructed.

The sunroof console, has the mounts for the homelink, just not the cutouts. The non-sunroof console does not have mounts for the sunroof controls. So I took a dremmel and cut out the hole in my original console for the homelink.

Worked fairly well.

Cj
Cj_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #64
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Bump and bookmarked .

***Edit***
Just saw this, if anything it's interesting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrickkeane/39518758/

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)

Last edited by daphatgrant; 10-03-2010 at 02:28 PM.
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #65
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I want a harness as well,
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #66
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

I've sent out a couple of the splice tap versions of the harness. I have a guy at the manufacturer I'm going to talk to tomorrow about the pass through connector and pins. So hopefully we'll get somewhere. I had to call down the thunder from a GM department head so the manufacturer guy is a bit more responsive to my needs now.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:10 AM   #67
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Darth, do you still have some of the crimp connector ones left?
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:03 AM   #68
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Yeah Big Brunsy, I have 3 left actually. I haven't heard from the other 2 guys I sent them to so, I'm assuming they didn't have any problems. Hit me with a pm if interested.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #69
1FINE 69

Drives: 2010 synergy green and a 1991 rs
any pic to see what we are looking at??
1FINE 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #70
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
so i've got a 2011 iss and i'll need a new mounting module for the rear view mirror, a new mirror and your adapter just to get the garage door opener and rear view to auto dim?