Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-31-2011, 09:13 PM   #15
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
nice "reality style" video. Nice docu-style, simple and with many facts. Well done. It would have been great to follow up with a nice startup of that "bad-boy" SS and start cruising around a little to give us all a taste of the cruise in that sweet Camaro drop top! That ain't like cruising around in a Miata, now ain't it?!

eB

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!

Last edited by Camarodriver; 01-31-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:14 PM   #16
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
awesome video
Old 01-31-2011, 10:24 PM   #17
GetInTheCar
...and just go

Drives: 2010 2LT Red Jewel
Great video -- thanks for the post!

But am I the only one who *likes* the interior? It's clean, gets the job done, and isn't gimmicky. I don't need space age, that's not what the car is about. Keep it for the Cruze.
GetInTheCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #18
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
+1, simple and to the point.

Very similar to my old 75 Camaro, with long stretches of plastic and a nice, sporty guage cluster! I would like to see the interior simply covered in a this suede or soft touch surface, but this is something that can be done 3rd party as well. Regardless, nice like the concept!

eB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetInTheCar View Post
Great video -- thanks for the post!

But am I the only one who *likes* the interior? It's clean, gets the job done, and isn't gimmicky. I don't need space age, that's not what the car is about. Keep it for the Cruze.

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:21 PM   #19
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
well done
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:26 PM   #20
Jerseyrican88

Drives: Fast
AMAZING VIDEO
Old 01-31-2011, 11:38 PM   #21
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Great video, thanks for posting.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:06 AM   #22
Mcnamee

Drives: 2010 Camaro Synergy & '87 Monte SS
Good video, but I really don't get why people bash on the interior, the design is amazing and why does it matter if the plastics are a bit harder then others, I don't know about you but I don't pet my dash every time I get in the car, it looks good, doesn't rattle or squeak, and I find it very easy to get at everything.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:04 AM   #23
jroc7

Drives: *
Excellent static review, and he did mention he experience driving the vehicle as well. Interesting that he didn't think the car was as stiff as the coupe considering that has been such a point of emphasis by GM. Still hate the look of the car with the top up, and with the top down, something just doesn't look right at the back of the car. I hope he's wrong about the interior. I love it the way it is and think less is more on a muscle car. I don't want "refinement" in a muscle car. I don't want NAV systems and touch screens. I like that On-Star is hidden and out of the way, keeping the dashboard clean and neat. All I want is a great driving experience, not a bunch of gadgets getting in the way. There's something wrong when someone wants the Camaro to be more like the Cruze.
jroc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #24
tgdtown

Drives: Cyber Gray 2SS -RS
I Agree!

The interior fits the car well... Great job GM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcnamee View Post
Good video, but I really don't get why people bash on the interior, the design is amazing and why does it matter if the plastics are a bit harder then others, I don't know about you but I don't pet my dash every time I get in the car, it looks good, doesn't rattle or squeak, and I find it very easy to get at everything.
tgdtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #25
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Great review. I still don't understand the complaints about the interior (hard plastics comment is understandable, but the rest is pretty subjective). Overall - the review was pretty objective and I appreciate the points and comments.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #26
peele1

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS
Nice
VIN #4403 Victory Red 1LT/RS
peele1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #27
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtjackal View Post
I didn't realized that the litte rear windows also open until I saw the 4 window switches on the driver side door.
If only the coupe had these!

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #28
ambientweather

Drives: 2011 Convertible 2SS
Excellent video, interior is great, we don't drive BMW

Ok, so the video was awesome but we are not BMW owners.

All of my neighbors drive bmws, Lexus and Mercedes (including my wife and teenage daughter).

I have a little white trash in me and proud of it and plan on blasting ac/dc with the top down.

If you want refinements in the interior, buy something else! No tourtese shell or silver dust in this interior.

My 2ss with all of the goodies was ordered 10 days ago. He told me 8 weeks. Not sure if i believe him because they can't give me a build date.

Next to getting married and having kids, I have never been more anxious. How did you guys and gals deal with the pain? Self induce coma?
ambientweather is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011 camaro convertible