Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-25-2014, 05:41 AM   #29
foo.fighter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious Bob View Post
Will be the 1st to post when I lose a dome light, trunk or license plate bulb. Hasn't happened in the 1st 12 months, but I guess you never know. LED's are perfectly matched with the ABL (and each other) and have a bunch of spares anyhoo.

Anyone gathered some metrics on the MTBF for 5 SMD LED bulbs?
He's not completely wrong.. I have a 5smd in the dome and one of the led flickers sometimes.. annoying!! and the same problem in one side of the license plate lights.. Im pretty sure ive got duds but its still making me think twice about re ordering them..
foo.fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:45 AM   #30
foo.fighter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious Bob View Post
Will be the 1st to post when I lose a dome light, trunk or license plate bulb. Hasn't happened in the 1st 12 months, but I guess you never know. LED's are perfectly matched with the ABL (and each other) and have a bunch of spares anyhoo.

Anyone gathered some metrics on the MTBF for 5 SMD LED bulbs?
Or actually maybe you can link me that 10 for $10 deal. Then I wont have any failures
foo.fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:58 AM   #31
2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 RJT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
There's plenty of reasons why you want to avoid eBay for LEDs. If you like mismatched LED colors due to loose binning tolerances, and enjoy replacing your lights on a regular basis due to heat related failures and poor bulb design, by all means choose eBay.

We offer high-quality replacements at a fair price, and back them with a solid 3-year limited warranty.

Nick C.
Had to use the DD warranty once.(and I have almost every light LED) They replaced the bulbs no questions asked. Not unlike other company's that make you jump through hoops to return something. Plus they are cheaper!! WIN,WIN......
2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #32
IOMss11

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange metallic 2SS
I'm A Little Confused, My 2011 SS Came With the hid halos stock, do that make my ss "rs" or "non-rs"?
IOMss11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #33
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMss11 View Post
I'm A Little Confused, My 2011 SS Came With the hid halos stock, do that make my ss "rs" or "non-rs"?
Its a SS with the RS package.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #34
BlackSmoke

Drives: 2013 Black SS 1LE
+1

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
Just search Oracle. Their products fail fairly often and their customer service blows.
K & N Cold Air Intake, 25% window tint, 2 sets of 6000K LED fogs added, bow ties delete, Pypes catback mid exhaust, MGP Caliper covers, Spyder projection HID 6000K lighting with dual CCFL halos, Technostalgia Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights, blacked out rear bezels, Oracle Ghosted side marker lights, Platinum Ultra Rims, LED tag, dome, trunk lighting, Razzi Ground Effects, Billet Grille, Oracle Concept Mirrors, Eibach Pro Springs,
GM Strut Tower Brace and LED lit door sills.
BlackSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:20 AM   #35
BlackSmoke

Drives: 2013 Black SS 1LE
Good to know

Good video comparison - I learned something new. OP honestly you could call Phastek and IF you can get through they will send you another bulb for free. They did this for me on my LED fog lights I purchased from them just like the ones in the video. I had a heck of a time with the left drivers side bulb and it eventually fell apart so they are not made very well but since I replaced the bulb and harness I have had no problems.

Quote:

Before you order from eBay, please watch the video

Nick C.
K & N Cold Air Intake, 25% window tint, 2 sets of 6000K LED fogs added, bow ties delete, Pypes catback mid exhaust, MGP Caliper covers, Spyder projection HID 6000K lighting with dual CCFL halos, Technostalgia Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights, blacked out rear bezels, Oracle Ghosted side marker lights, Platinum Ultra Rims, LED tag, dome, trunk lighting, Razzi Ground Effects, Billet Grille, Oracle Concept Mirrors, Eibach Pro Springs,
GM Strut Tower Brace and LED lit door sills.
BlackSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #36
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Hey all. I ordered a pair of led license plate bulbs from phasetek performance about 3 months ago and the one led on the left bulb died already. They were only$24 so to be expected I suppose. Can you guys list who you use for led lighting upgrades? I can't find the thread I found days ago anywhere in the forum.

Thanks!! =)

Hi IOMss11,

These bulbs have a lifetime warranty. Please send us a email support@phastekperformance.com and we will send you another set out. Just provide us with either your Order Number or First and Last name.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #37
IOMss11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post
Hi IOMss11,

These bulbs have a lifetime warranty. Please send us a email support@phastekperformance.com and we will send you another set out. Just provide us with either your Order Number or First and Last name.
Thank you. Quick response and new bulbs on the way already. Much appreciated!
Old 09-25-2014, 02:07 PM   #38
IOMss11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post
Hi IOMss11,

Old 09-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #39
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:

Your Welcome, The replacements are shipping today and you should see them in a couple of days. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:28 AM   #40
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:

They even ship free for U.S. forum members if you send us a PM

Nick C.
Why didn't I see this before placing my order, I just spent $130 in LEDs
Dux40@hotmail.com
Old 09-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #41
CDWALKER25U

Drives: 2011 CAMARO LS
Quote:
Hey all. I ordered a pair of led license plate bulbs from phasetek performance about 3 months ago and the one led on the left bulb died already. They were only$24 so to be expected I suppose. Can you guys list who you use for led lighting upgrades? I can't find the thread I found days ago anywhere in the forum.

Thanks!! =)
Dude, you are getting ripped off. $24, no way. Go on ebay. The bulb size is t10. You can get each bulb for $1-$1.50.
CDWALKER25U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:51 PM   #42
IOMss11

Quote:
There's plenty of reasons why you want to avoid eBay for LEDs. If you like mismatched LED colors due to loose binning tolerances, and enjoy replacing your lights on a regular basis due to heat related failures and poor bulb design, by all means choose eBay.

We offer high-quality replacements at a fair price, and back them with a solid 3-year limited warranty.

Nick C.
After talking with your rep Michael today I ordered my DD DRL leds, they shipped out earlier today can't wait to install them! Going to order the dome light next...