Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 10-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #15
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Very true -- I'm not there yet so it makes sense to add the hp/motor/suspension upgrades. After those are done, cosmetic can be done without worry about 'body' damage ;o)
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:25 PM   #16
Whipple81

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by overhaulengines View Post
some are into horsepower, some are not. some are into looks and some are not. some are on a budget some are not. do as you please, i have a little of both
since i have the tires i want, the cam i want, the suspension i want, and all the cosmetics i want.....not really i want more

lupe

I understand doing things just to do them because they look cool, not everything has to be functional. But cutting big ol holes in the largest and hardest panel in the car to repair purely for cosmetic reasons is crazy (to me). It's all about what makes YOU happy, so don't let ME sh*t in your Cheerios. It takes a bit of skill and some big cajones to do something like that - but installing the plastic tube seems to just be a bit to "gimmicky" to me - unless the manufacturer can show some legit numbers supporting "brake cooling"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whipple81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:42 PM   #17
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
ACS upper rear quarter vents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple81 View Post
I understand doing things just to do them because they look cool, not everything has to be functional. But cutting big ol holes in the largest and hardest panel in the car to repair purely for cosmetic reasons is crazy (to me). It's all about what makes YOU happy, so don't let ME sh*t in your Cheerios. It takes a bit of skill and some big cajones to do something like that - but installing the plastic tube seems to just be a bit to "gimmicky" to me - unless the manufacturer can show some legit numbers supporting "brake cooling"

The tube is a drain for water, they are not functional and i never once said they were, not sure where your getting the idea that the tube that I show was for cooling the brakes. If you see my video's you see that i say it goes out an existing hole in the trunk floor

yes its crazy, even for me, but hey, i have done for worse to my car but I'm ok with it.

Lupe

Last edited by overhaulengines; 10-05-2014 at 12:21 AM.
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:02 PM   #18
Whipple81

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954camaro View Post
ACS said it IS FUNCTIONAL on there website

Quote: "Rear Quarter Upper ports are functional inlet ports designed to inhale fresh air and redirect to the rear braking system for enhanced cooling. Air inlet direct fresh air directly to the rear brakes via a series of cooling hoses and air deflectors to be installed on the rear quarter panel." -end quote

I shouldn't have taken someone else's word for it, I couldn't find this quote on the website for myself - I stand corrected. It makes sense that it would be a drain hose (and of course, it's listed in the parts as a drain tube).

Knowing that, did you throw a little extra sealant on there of some sort? That would suck to have that leak, even a little bit - short term issues with mildew and a stanky cabin, long term issues with rust...not to mention the fact that you have the fuse block (passenger side) and battery back there.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #19
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple81 View Post
I shouldn't have taken someone else's word for it, I couldn't find this quote on the website for myself - I stand corrected. It makes sense that it would be a drain hose (and of course, it's listed in the parts as a drain tube).

Knowing that, did you throw a little extra sealant on there of some sort? That would suck to have that leak, even a little bit - short term issues with mildew and a stanky cabin, long term issues with rust...not to mention the fact that you have the fuse block (passenger side) and battery back there.

Hi, the brake cooling was part of ACS actual plan but it fell thought with the gas filler and fuel lines in the area.
I didn't show it, but that is a good point, I added silicon (included with kit) to the hose at the inlet and exit
Also once the hole was cut we filed around the hole to remove rough edges and then brushed primer around the edges to prevent rust.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #20
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
I am sorry but they did have this on their website at some point. I am no liar. But if you really wanna see this exact quote look at gen5diy website where he still has the same quote they used to have on their website. This time I will take a picture of it!
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #21
Whipple81

Quote:
I am sorry but they did have this on their website at some point. I am no liar. But if you really wanna see this exact quote look at gen5diy website where he still has the same quote they used to have on their website. This time I will take a picture of it!

Well, according to their parts breakdown, it comes with a "colling" hose...so...yeah, haha

Old 10-07-2014, 11:08 AM   #22
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Still I made my point even if they misspelled something. They had this quote on their website. I honestly don't care for this just wanted to show people what they at some point intended it for.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:34 PM   #23
Whipple81

Quote:
Still I made my point even if they misspelled something. They had this quote on their website. I honestly don't care for this just wanted to show people what they at some point intended it for.

Nobody's calling you a liar, you can chill out with the defense of your original post.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #24
djpelosi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Is there a link to buy these online?
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Best Time: 12.43 @ 114, 1.99 60' on stock wheels and stock tires
Build Thread
djpelosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #25
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpelosi View Post
Is there a link to buy these online?
click on my signature

lupe
Old 10-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #26
overhaulengines

www.camarocustoms.com
Like us at www.facebook.com/camarocustoms
Old 10-22-2014, 05:08 PM   #27
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
That is one sweet looking ride! Awesome job!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #28
Jerry7297

Drives: 2018 2SS/ 1LE
I think they look great. Good Job Lupe as Always!
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote