Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Things to do before you go to the Fest

Just wanted to remind people of a couple of things. Weather-wise it looks like it might be in the 90's or higher so bring sunblock; especially those of you from colder states that aren't used to Arizona sun. Bring bottled water for your trip there. Not only is it hot but it's very very dry and you can dehydrate quickly if you aren't drinking enough water.

For those driving in events, BRING DRIVING GLOVES. Not only do steering wheels get very hot in the Arizona sun but your hands will sweat and that's not a good combo on the track.

For those racing in the autocross and HPDE events, CHANGE YOUR BRAKE FLUID from the factory fluid to a high-boiling point fluid like Super Blue or something equivalent. Check this thread to get all the info:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...rake+fluid+tag

It's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you do this before you get on the track. Your brake fluid can boil in a normal track event but if it's also 100 degrees outside you can count on it if you don't upgrade to a performance brake fluid. Boiling brake fluid means you lose your brakes; go into a corner and press the pedal and.....nothing. Ask Tag how exciting that is. Super Blue or it's equivalent works perfectly well for normal driving too so you can upgrade and use it all the time.

Everyone drive safe, be safe and see you all there!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Is Doc an Doctor, good advise! As a desert rat myself I will tell you not to leave any toolls in the sun either, they really get hot and can burn you hand when its over 100. Dont even ask what a hot seat can do to your legs in shorts.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me
Thanks Doc, thats great advice!!! Look forward to seeing you there!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks Doc for reminding everyone that they need to bring sunblock, and drink plenty of water during the fest. Yes, you can get red as a lobster very quickly due to the intensity of the sun here in AZ and also dehydrate as you are not sweating.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Good thread... Tarmac will make 90 feel like 120. I'm bringing my farmer John straw hat

Another thing is have your car checked out before the trip... Either yourself, or have alignment shop go over the underside, they'll probably do it for cheap if not free. If you have aftermarket suspension ESPECIALLY have this done. Also Fluid levels tire pressures etc.

I'm sure tech at the fest will be checking, beat em to it
Old 04-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
We (Blackhawk, Ordieman, Cruzn-SS) just did fluids today - including brakes. Had read thread from Tags adventure. Busy day to say the least but feel much better knowing all is done with a few days to make sure all is good prior to trip.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #7
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
I am changing the oil, flushing brake fluid with Motul 600, cleaning air filter, cleaning the catch can, changing air in tires to Nitrogen, alignment, checking coolant level, windshield washer fluid level. Gonna be ready to leave next Wednesday morning to meet up with the crew from the east !! Everyone be safe and see ya at the FEST !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #8
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
FEST

I'm coming all the way from Wisconsin but I'm being lazy and flying out. I'm taking the big road trip up to Oshawa in June instead I still love the West Coast and the people out there. The best part is I arrive in Phoenix at 10:50am Thursday morning and I don't have to leave till 11:50pm Sunday night
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote