Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
MaddawgXXXL

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue
Waiting newbe and halo question...

Hi, been lurking for a month now while I'm waiting to take delivery of my new baby ... I'm preparing mods and such and because I didn't (couldn't) get the RS package, I wanna add Halos. I've seen AAC and they look great on... BUT... it looks like when they are off they are just a bunch of small square led lights and don't have the same look as the stock halos (which still look nice when they are off). I did see on the installation video if you are just replacing you can add you old halo in front of theirs... but what if you don't have them at all?

Any ideas?

Oh and I'm waiting to take delivery of the LE Synergy... thats why halos weren't an option... I tried!! :(
MaddawgXXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
The factory halos are not as intense. The Halos from AAC are more intense with lots of leds. I had my Daughter's camaro lighted at AAC just last Saturday. Drove the 5 hours there. Waited most of the day then drove 5 hours back.

Results.....

I highly recommend AAC for your lighting needs.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddawgXXXL View Post
Hi, been lurking for a month now while I'm waiting to take delivery of my new baby ... I'm preparing mods and such and because I didn't (couldn't) get the RS package, I wanna add Halos. I've seen AAC and they look great on... BUT... it looks like when they are off they are just a bunch of small square led lights and don't have the same look as the stock halos (which still look nice when they are off). I did see on the installation video if you are just replacing you can add you old halo in front of theirs... but what if you don't have them at all?

Any ideas?

Oh and I'm waiting to take delivery of the LE Synergy... thats why halos weren't an option... I tried!! :(
Damn, if you'd waited for the 2011 batch, you could've gotten a 2LT in SG. Ah well.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
gtjacket
2G1FT1EW0A9118618

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black/IOM M6
I have the RS package on my 2SS, but ordered the orange halos from AAC when they were first released. I thought I was just ordering replacement bulbs that were amber in color. When they arrived, I was surprised to see that it was just cardboard circles with led lights. I could see maybe if not having the RS package doing this, but to use this as a replacement for the RS halos made no sense. I sent them back and got a refund.
3400, Order broadcast 6/4
3800, Order produced 6/15
4000, Available to ship 6/16
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped 6/19
6000, Delivered to the customer 6/25

2SS/RS BLK M6 GFX IOM interior
gtjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
MaddawgXXXL

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue
I think I saw in their installation video that you could actually put those behind your old stock hald and it would hid that carboard look... but not having them at all like shuffel, I'd like to know what options there are to get that actual plastic ring look when the lights are off.
MaddawgXXXL is offline   Reply With Quote