Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #85
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
The door panel often comes loose upon closing the door. I hate that !!!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:23 AM   #86
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
The only issue I have is that due to the indexing windows (how they drop a little when you open the door) it can be hard to open the door in the winter if the car is frozen over. I know many of you don't drive them in winter, but for those of us who do it can be challenging to open the door if the car is frozen, because the window doesn't want to drop down a bit.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #87
Bcarr

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I gotta seriously call BS on this one... lol... a Prius going like a bat out of hell....

I was cruising down to the Texas Camaro Revolution, and some punker chick in a prius was hugging the hell out of the left lane on a three lane interstate... Had that POS wound up tight.... She would back off, then speed up to block anyone trying to go around on the right....

I never downshifted, and barely touched the gas and went right around her... she then proceeded to flip me off.... I laughed... and cruised on....I despise left lane trash... either drive or move the hell over... and even if you think you're moving, if someone comes up behind you, move the hell over anyway... It's the courteous thing to do.... In Texas, if it's a load of painters in an old beater truck, left lane... an SUV with five kids... Left lane... texting... left lane..... typing on the iPad, (seen it two or three times) left lane.... kicked back in the I'm cool cruising around looking cool, talking on the phone.... left lane.... reading (insert some form of paper or electronic device) left lane....

These are generalizations.... based on what I see all too often...

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...
I couldn't agree more. In Wisconsin I think they teach people to drive in the left lane whenever possible. It drives me crazy!
Bcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #88
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I gotta seriously call BS on this one... lol... a Prius going like a bat out of hell....

I was cruising down to the Texas Camaro Revolution, and some punker chick in a prius was hugging the hell out of the left lane on a three lane interstate... Had that POS wound up tight.... She would back off, then speed up to block anyone trying to go around on the right....

I never downshifted, and barely touched the gas and went right around her... she then proceeded to flip me off.... I laughed... and cruised on....I despise left lane trash... either drive or move the hell over... and even if you think you're moving, if someone comes up behind you, move the hell over anyway... It's the courteous thing to do.... In Texas, if it's a load of painters in an old beater truck, left lane... an SUV with five kids... Left lane... texting... left lane..... typing on the iPad, (seen it two or three times) left lane.... kicked back in the I'm cool cruising around looking cool, talking on the phone.... left lane.... reading (insert some form of paper or electronic device) left lane....

These are generalizations.... based on what I see all too often...

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...
Well said !!! I HATE WHEN THEY DO THAT !!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #89
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
I have a '10 and the rim of the steering wheel is shaped all wrong. I love the look, but hate the feel. Same thing on the shift knob. Power door lock switch is in the wrong place. The magnets are not strong enough on those little seat belt straps. I know most or all these things have been addressed on the later models, but I can't figure out how they let them out like this in the first place. I have a buddy with a "12 and his steering wheel feels better, but it's ugly. I would have thought they could have fixed the rim of the steering wheel without putting that ugly thing in there. I was thinking about adding the '12 power door lock switches, but then I read that the entire door panels were different. I haven't verified this yet, but again I would have thought they could have added those switches without changing the entire door panels.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #90
serialmike

Drives: Camaro 1ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzcamaro View Post
No place to sit cell phone nicely.
Or sunglasses.
Speak for yourself. Us guys without the console guages have a perfect place for our phone and stuff.

Oh, and I agree with cupholders in the way of shifting manual trrans when cups or cans are in the holders.
serialmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #91
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Not really a Camaro annoyance, but I hate it when drivers in general treat the highway as their personal raceway by shooting in and out if traffic or driving at excessive speed creating a dangerous situation for everyone around them.
Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #92
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
Hill Start Assist. We should be able to turn it off.
/\......./\

William R. - any thoughts on this???? there are at least 6 threads on this forum concerning the general dislike (sometimes, outright hatred) of this annoyance!! Is there a computer update in the works to fix this issue??

Thanks!!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #93
Curley4301

Drives: 2011 2SS Summit White
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
My car makes me feel like I have to drive fast all the time
Yeah, I have this problem all the time.
Curley4301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #94
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
when I go to turn on the wipers it feels like there are only Super slow, Slow, and High.
No medium speed for the wipers.
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #95
Curley4301

The rubber trim around the door isn't very durable. The rubber started to fray almost immediately when my foot would brush over it getting in and out.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #96
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
when I go to turn on the wipers it feels like there are only Super slow, Slow, and High.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curley4301 View Post
The rubber trim around the door isn't very durable. The rubber started to fray almost immediately when my foot would brush over it getting in and out.
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #97
Curley4301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffrider51 View Post
I'll second this
And a third...
Old 04-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #98
Doraemon

Drives: 2011 IBM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
In the Super Slow mode, you can rotate the stalk away from you to get 4 or 5 other sublevels.
Doraemon is offline   Reply With Quote