Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

View Poll Results: So why are you on Camaro5??
I am a loyal Camaroist 226 79.58%
I am a Loyal Mustangist looking to defend my ride 2 0.70%
I am switching over to the Camaro from the Mustang 26 9.15%
I just join any and all car forums! 30 10.56%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #141
hellraiser

Drives: benz
rice baby rice...all the way..nothing carves a corner like rice!
hellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #142
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i would lol at this but those people are nuts letting a game come before their real life.. thats just sad... i dont see how a game takes priority over anything? some people need serious therapy.
To those people, it's no longer a game; it's the more important of their two lives. They have their WoW "friends" who fulfill their emotional needs better than people IRL. They are needed and appreciated in the game. They have a fulfilling job where they actually accomplish their goals and get rewarded. If the in-game society isn't bad enough, the game itself is designed hypnotically to suck people in.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #143
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
To those people, it's no longer a game; it's the more important of their two lives. They have their WoW "friends" who fulfill their emotional needs better than people IRL. They are needed and appreciated in the game. They have a fulfilling job where they actually accomplish their goals and get rewarded. If the in-game society isn't bad enough, the game itself is designed hypnotically to suck people in.
I played it when I had no idea what it was. I got killed after walking about ten minutes from the respawn point. There was no way in hell I was spending ten minutes walking in a video game to get my "armor" back. TEN MINUTES! So all in all I paid $60, played the game for about 15 minutes and never ever, ever played it again.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #144
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Wow - thats so ironic it is almost funny

I mention folks being "haters" in other domains and I then folks flame WOW players on a camaro forum - that is pretty amazing ..

My point was that there are always folks with contrary views and online forums bring out some of the best and worst in folks due to the anonymity of the medium

Funny thing about online gaming is that you would not believe the amount of servicemen who play online since it lets them connect with home and loved ones.
I have played various games online with US servicemen who are scattered all over the globe - so just because something is a game - or a car forum - dont underestimate its ability to connect folks .

Like everything else in life the trick is moderation
Old 05-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #145
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Hmm I play Wow...and drive a Mustang. I belong to one of the top 20 guilds worldwide, and I have a low 12~high 11 sec Mustang...wow someone show me the door the now !!!

Shoot I have a Ps3 to !!!
TRIPLE FAIL !!!!!!!

Any hobby is enjoyable when done in Moderation. I lol at the people who smoke their lives away or the binge drinkers who have to have that drink, then go wreck the car they have work so hard to make look nice.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #146
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i wasnt personally bashing but that episode of south park was great lol

i was in fact bashing WOW players. stupid dorky ass game!

i played dungeons and dragons when i was uh.......5.......not 28
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:10 PM   #147
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I flat out refuse to start playing World of Warcraft, even if my cousin helped develop some of it.

I'm already addicted to Halo 3. I don't even have an Xbox, but I'm flat-out addicted.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:49 AM   #148
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
i was in fact bashing WOW players. stupid dorky ass game!

i played dungeons and dragons when i was uh.......5.......not 28
You may be speaking for the masses????????
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #149
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I flat out refuse to start playing World of Warcraft, even if my cousin helped develop some of it.

I'm already addicted to Halo 3. I don't even have an Xbox, but I'm flat-out addicted.
Thats the worst. Being addicted to a game you dont even own... Ive been there. COD4. Got ugly.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:02 AM   #150
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaymoreZ28 View Post
I just love cars and especially American V8s

Nice to see whats going on across the enthusiasts and to see some good natured rivalry - but strange to see how folks on online forums can become very polarized and turn into "haters", but we are not alone :

- Pony cars vs "ricers"
- Harleys vs Japanese bikes (Buy a Triumph and confuse them all !)
- Playstation 3 vs XBox360
- World of Warcraft vs Everquest 2

- Some of the same dialog on all of these - just insert name of rival

Mind you - I am sure that some of the most common posters/haters are not old enough to have driving licences yet

Nothing as strange as folks
Yes!! Triumph for the Win!!! Triumph builds fantastic bikes, Street Triple is one of a kind, and the Daytona 675 has been applauded by numerous magazines and through other rankings/awards. i'm a huge fan of triumphs, especially the daytona.
I know many people who drive the suzuki/kawasaki/hondas who seem a little one-track minded and refuse to believe, or entertain the idea that any bike besides their beloved foreign asian import bike can possible be an equal, let alone better . 98% of them have never even heard of triumph, safe to say next time i walk into a showroom with the intent to purchase, i'm going to the triumph dealers.

not, back on topic for me
i drive neither mustang, or camaro, and never have been behind the wheel of either (for any generation). i expect my next car purchase will be in 2-3 years, and the only think i know for sure is i don't want an econobox, and i don't want an import. i respect the imports, but currently my bias and stubbornness won't allow me to drive one. I respect both mustangs and camaros highly, and when i go to purchase in 2-3 years time, i could wind up in either dealer. i'll look at a range of factors, (engine and price matter most to me), and decide which car suits my needs better.

i love reading the goodhearted rivalry on forums when there's good debate going on about pro's and con's of both cars, when each side is willing to say "yeah, you're right, that part about my car does suck", as it gives me a sense of what's good and what's not in each car being debated. i don't expect to find that one perfect car that has every little thing i want. it's when i turns into senseless stang-stomping or camaro-crushing that it gets annoying.

so 'stang boys', if you're being productive members of camaro5 society , i'm glad you're here
Old 05-22-2009, 08:18 AM   #151
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaymoreZ28 View Post
Funny thing about online gaming is that you would not believe the amount of servicemen who play online since it lets them connect with home and loved ones.
I have played various games online with US servicemen who are scattered all over the globe - so just because something is a game - or a car forum - dont underestimate its ability to connect folks .

Like everything else in life the trick is moderation
The sad thing about that is you would not believe the amount of servicemen who would rather play WoW than email their wives, who come home and play WoW instead of spending time with or even having sex with their wives, who come home and can't even spend time with their kids because they're so busy playing WoW.

The trick is indeed moderation, and WoW's trick is convincing people not to exercise moderation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

You're here posting that. Therefore, you don't even vaguely know the meaning of MMO addiction.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #152
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm let's see........

Videogame.....tail..............

Not a very difficult choice. Tail every time.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #153
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Woa...

I clicked on this link hoping to lynch a few stang folk... and I get W.O.W??

Call Obama... This threads been jacked.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #154
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
The sad thing about that is you would not believe the amount of servicemen who would rather play WoW than email their wives, who come home and play WoW instead of spending time with or even having sex with their wives, who come home and can't even spend time with their kids because they're so busy playing WoW.

The trick is indeed moderation, and WoW's trick is convincing people not to exercise moderation.

You're here posting that. Therefore, you don't even vaguely know the meaning of MMO addiction.
I have seen this too sadly.... Service members who also have the opportunity to play WOW have the same if not better access to MSN messenger, Yahoo messenger, Skype

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote