Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Stuck lifter

Hi guys, after installing the Maggie I had a stuck lifter that I had replaced, now this might be due to the wrong installation of the Maggie valley plate they did but now I have another stuck lifter and after opening the cover it started working again and now they don't know which was the stuck one , my question is if they couldn't tell which one it is and they close it back up could this lifter get stuck again?
Old 12-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
JDP Tech

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS 429 LSX/F1X
Its an L99, correct? Do you have an aftermarket cam yet?
If not, then its time for a cam

As you probably know, in order to replace the lifters, the heads have to come off. As you also probably know, the AFM lifters in the L99 suck and will sink, its only a matter of time. You could just replace one at a time, but it will never end; by the time the 8th and last AFM lifter is replaced, the first replaced ones will start to fail.

The only way around that is to replace them with normal lifters, and while you're at that, you might as well replace the camshaft since you are almost already there, and who can pout at an extra hundred hp? (Except for the stock bottom end :()

To answer your question, yes it could and probably will fail again, as will the rest of them. To be honest, it is probably nothing they did when installing the blower, or repairing the first one, its just one of those things with the L99 taking on a lot more power. Thats the reason I did a cam in mine (and got rid of those stupid lifters) before I put the supercharger on.

Feel free to call, email, or PM us anytime!
- Jeremy
JDP Tech is offline   Reply With Quote