Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #183
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnkathy View Post
This is an amazing build! Also I can't thank you enough on the headers you sold me. There awesome and were a great buy!! Best of luck with your build!!
Glad you're enjoying the headers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGL35 View Post
Any new updates, did you get out on the track in Nov?
Nope. All quiet on the Martinsville front. Waiting on lifters - backordered from manufacturer. Sigh.

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:19 AM   #184
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
Glad you're enjoying the headers.

Nope. All quiet on the Martinsville front. Waiting on lifters - backordered from manufacturer. Sigh.
I cannot imagine the feeling while waiting on something so small after coming this far...hopefully it comes through real soon

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:00 PM   #185
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
I cannot imagine the feeling while waiting on something so small after coming this far...hopefully it comes through real soon
I am pretty sure that the engine work will be done by Christmas, but it unfortunately has turned into a waiting game.

The good part is that there really aren't good opportunities for me to get on the track so if it ends up being ready in January, that's okay. But it is still hard waiting it all out, yup.

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #186
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Sorry to hear. May have missed it. What lifters are you going with? Hope you get them soon. Went with Morel Pro Series Link Bars. Waiting on the Heads to Arrive from Mast. Block,Crank,Pistons and Rods are in and headed to Machining. They are still shooting for last week of Jan.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #187
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Sorry to hear. May have missed it. What lifters are you going with? Hope you get them soon. Went with Morel Pro Series Link Bars. Waiting on the Heads to Arrive from Mast. Block,Crank,Pistons and Rods are in and headed to Machining. They are still shooting for last week of Jan.
Johnson 2116 LSR tie bar lifters

That sounds like things are coming together for you. Mast heads can take a while - if I recall correctly, the foundry was way backed up in early fall and that's what delayed us quite a bit. Sounds like they are still working through the backlog...

Old 12-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #188
SSSoon

We now return you to your regularly scheduled build.

(Don't ask).
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2014, 04:08 PM   #189
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
We now return you to your regularly scheduled build.

(Don't ask).
After those brief messages...haha....looking good man my friend just installed a set of mast heads on his z06

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:12 PM   #190
SSSoon

Oiling system closeups, fittings, etc.
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2014, 11:50 PM   #191
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Getting closer. We'll be done, soon.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:08 AM   #192
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
That sounds like things are coming together for you. Mast heads can take a while - if I recall correctly, the foundry was way backed up in early fall and that's what delayed us quite a bit. Sounds like they are still working through the backlog...
Quote:
Getting closer. We'll be done, soon.
Great to hear back on track. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #193
SSSoon

Hood latches. (Ever since I opened up the mail slot last winter, my hood bounces around quite a bit at high speed).

Pete
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2014, 09:15 AM   #194
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
those hood latches look killa. the whole build just looks so trick and awesome.
ive been tinkering with mine. removed all speakers and some wiring. put back in the ground wire for the pass side tail lights. lol. finally got my power steering system working right after i pulled the air conditioner off and half ass rigged it to finish out the year last year. re-installed my JRod shock tower brace. installed a JRod aluminum wicker bill spoiler on the rear. ive got to do the diff and trans fluid and im stocking my shelves with a years worth of consumables so i can get tons of seat time.
ive got that spare LS3 if anyone wants to rebuild it. cheap. i know you have an event at sebring or miami planned for this beast in a few weeks. holla!!
Attached Images

JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #195
gofastwclass
Three pedals

Drives: lots of fuel injected V8 Chevys
Quote:
Oiling system closeups, fittings, etc.
Your engine is looking great, thanks for sharing. I don't remember seeing the answer or possibly missed it and due to the angle, I can't read the insignia. What oil system are you running?
gofastwclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #196
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
Your engine is looking great, thanks for sharing. I don't remember seeing the answer or possibly missed it and due to the angle, I can't read the insignia. What oil system are you running?
Daley.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote