Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-30-2014, 09:51 PM   #2829
warlockplayer19

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Can it be warm out already?
warlockplayer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:15 PM   #2830
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Hi all. I'm new to forum. I'm looking for a Synergy Green V6 to be my daily driver. This site is awesome!

I found one for sale at a dealer in Milwaukee. The description says Green, but the pictures are of a grey car. I e-mailed them to get clarification. Here's their response:
"The car was really a bright bright green so we had it repainted to the grey. When would you like to come check out this great vehicle?"

Old 01-31-2014, 03:31 PM   #2831
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
Hi all. I'm new to forum. I'm looking for a Synergy Green V6 to be my daily driver. This site is awesome!

I found one for sale at a dealer in Milwaukee. The description says Green, but the pictures are of a grey car. I e-mailed them to get clarification. Here's their response:
"The car was really a bright bright green so we had it repainted to the grey. When would you like to come check out this great vehicle?"

that is ridiculous.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:40 PM   #2832
Yippee38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
that is ridiculous.
That's what I thought.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:18 PM   #2833
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Welcome Warlockplayer. The answer is no; you live in Michigan and it's January. (By the way, what part of Michigan?)

Welcome Yippee! All I can say about that is SACRILEGE!

Do you suppose it's possible that it was just a typo, and they were just screwing with you? I'm also wondering what year it was. Any chance you can post a link to the ad? Curiosity has the best of me. If they really were stupid enough to paint over SGM, they just screwed themselves out of one of the easiest cars to sell.

Love the P-38 Lightning by the way. One of my dad's favorites.

Lime
, long time no see!

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:55 PM   #2834
Yippee38

Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Do you suppose it's possible that it was just a typo, and they were just screwing with you? I'm also wondering what year it was. Any chance you can post a link to the ad? Curiosity has the best of me. If they really were stupid enough to paint over SGM, they just screwed themselves out of one of the easiest cars to sell.
They changed the ad. It's now listed as Gray.
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...dle&listType=1

I guess she could have been messing with me. I guess, I hope she was messing with me. <shrugs>
Old 01-31-2014, 09:02 PM   #2835
warlockplayer19

Quote:
Welcome Warlockplayer. The answer is no; you live in Michigan and it's January. (By the way, what part of Michigan?)

Welcome Yippee! All I can say about that is SACRILEGE!

Love the P-38 Lightning by the way. One of my dad's favorites.

Lime
, long time no see!
Metro Detroit area.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:40 AM   #2836
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Quote:
I guess she could have been messing with me. I guess, I hope she was messing with me. <shrugs>
I don't think they were messing with you. I just think they don't know anything about Camaros. The good news is: It was never a Synergy Edition.
They have it advertised as a 1LT, yet it is obviously an RS. Also, even if they had repainted it (and changed the wheels, the door panels, the seats, the headlights, glued on RS badges), they would not have completely removed the Bluetooth connectivity package that was standard in the 2010 Synergy package. (See the right side of the steering wheel- no buttons whatsoever.)

Name:  13.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  56.0 KB
Name:  14.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  124.6 KB

I hope you can find one. They come on the market fairly regularly now. My guess is you will be able to get your hands on one before warm weather returns. Here's a link to Synergy Green Camaro on facebook- there seems to be a lot of posts there about ones for sale.
https://www.facebook.com/SynergyGreenCamaro?ref=br_tf
Good luck! Keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlockplayer19 View Post
Metro Detroit area.
Lansing here (Originally). Makes me kind of proud that they will be building the 6th gen just a stones throw from where I found my first Camaro.

You wouldn't be in Warren by any chance? I was reading a book about the 5th gen, and it had pictures from the design center. Just for fun I decided to look it up on Google, and whoa!
Look what I found in the parking lot:

Name:  Synergy at GM Tech 01 crop.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  86.2 KB

It was parked only a couple hundred feet from where the bottom picture with Ed Welburn was taken. Visible in both photos, notice the circles in the brickwork, which I assume are turntables used to turn the clay models for the camera. (Between arrows in aerial view.)

Name:  Synergy at GM Tech 03 crop edit.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  127.6 KB

Name:  0_1af13_8fac2b6_XL.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  143.0 KB

If you Google it yourself, you'll notice quite a few Camaro's in the lot. I wonder how many belong to people who actually worked on designing them?
I also wonder if any are on C5, or if they are even allowed to be, under their confidentiality agreements.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:31 AM   #2837
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...dle&listType=1

Chances are they copy and pasted details from a previous ad but forgot to change the color. It's not the first time I seen something like this.

Also a member of C5 has listed theirs.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339216

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #2838
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Quote:

This guy on the forums is selling his Synergy Green Camaro , Click on his car for sale on the bottom link . I think its pretty cheap for the car myself. Plus your in Chicago and he's in Indiana so pretty close to go check out ..

Carriccp

Drives: 2011 SGM 1LT RS

Demodding Sale
Bought a new vehicle a few days ago, so selling some of my mods before I get rid of the car.

1) Leather arm rest lid, factory black with green stitching (bought from GM). $60 + your lid
2) Leather shift knob, factory black with green stitching (bought from GM). $30 + your shift knob
3) Leather steering wheel, factory black with green stitching (bought from GM). $90 + your steering wheel. Has paddle shifters, cruise, and audio controls.
4) AAC SMD green footwell lighting (4). $50
5) LED plasma white interior lights (1 dome, 1 trunk, 2 license plate). SOLD

Open to offers on all things, as well as offers on the car itself. Have exterior items also listed in the exterior forum. http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...ngId=136945172
Old 02-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #2839
sanjosebmx

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
found my SGM by doing a search / alert on autotrader.com. I set the paramaters simply "green" 2010-2012 and 500 mile radius. I found my car, it took about 6 months (bought it on superbowl sunday last year). I still have the alerts come to my email, and I only get maybe one every 2 months or so.

Try that, and jump on one when you can, they really don't come up that often (I'm in California).

I lucked out and got my SS with 8,600 miles on it!
Old 02-01-2014, 04:38 PM   #2840
warlockplayer19

Quote:
I don't think they were messing with you. I just think they don't know anything about Camaros. The good news is: It was never a Synergy Edition.
They have it advertised as a 1LT, yet it is obviously an RS. Also, even if they had repainted it (and changed the wheels, the door panels, the seats, the headlights, glued on RS badges), they would not have completely removed the Bluetooth connectivity package that was standard in the 2010 Synergy package. (See the right side of the steering wheel- no buttons whatsoever.)

Attachment 596028
Attachment 596029

I hope you can find one. They come on the market fairly regularly now. My guess is you will be able to get your hands on one before warm weather returns. Here's a link to Synergy Green Camaro on facebook- there seems to be a lot of posts there about ones for sale.
https://www.facebook.com/SynergyGreenCamaro?ref=br_tf
Good luck! Keep us posted.

Lansing here (Originally). Makes me kind of proud that they will be building the 6th gen just a stones throw from where I found my first Camaro.

You wouldn't be in Warren by any chance? I was reading a book about the 5th gen, and it had pictures from the design center. Just for fun I decided to look it up on Google, and whoa!
Look what I found in the parking lot:

Attachment 596012

It was parked only a couple hundred feet from where the bottom picture with Ed Welburn was taken. Visible in both photos, notice the circles in the brickwork, which I assume are turntables used to turn the clay models for the camera. (Between arrows in aerial view.)

Attachment 596013

Attachment 596014

If you Google it yourself, you'll notice quite a few Camaro's in the lot. I wonder how many belong to people who actually worked on designing them?
I also wonder if any are on C5, or if they are even allowed to be, under their confidentiality agreements.
I'm in Wayne-Westland.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:43 AM   #2841
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figjam-5 View Post

Demodding Sale
Bought a new vehicle a few days ago, so selling some of my mods before I get rid of the car.

Open to offers on all things, as well as offers on the car itself. Have exterior items also listed in the exterior forum.
Just curious; what did you decide to do with the hoodliner? Are you still considering relocating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlockplayer19 View Post
I'm in Wayne-Westland.
Sorry I got so long winded. It was late and I was bored.
I don't have NHL center ice anymore, so I haven't been watching the Redwings. One quick check of their standings tonight told me it's just as well that I haven't been watching.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #2842
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
[QUOTE=With envy;7388041]Just curious; what did you decide to do with the hoodliner? Are you still considering relocating?

Hey Gary, Yes still planning on relocating , Still have 2 more months before the job is done & they close the doors. House is going up for sale soon. Winter has been brutal this year here. As for the Hoodliner its still on the car as it is been sleeping since October. I'll PM you okay.
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote