Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #127
SWAG1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE
I love the LS7, brakes, suspension and various other hopped up components the Z28 has for 2014. However, I am still super stoaked to get my 1LE soon. I feel the 1LE is a completely different car than the Z28 and ZL1. It all depends on what you want to do with it. 98.76543321% of us will be using our SS's as daily drivers. The Z28 is over the top and awesome as is the ZL1...too awesome to drive through bumper to bumper trafffic. If I had the money I would have the Z28 for the weekends and my 1LE as a daily. Plus as mentioned earlier the parts bins will soon be filled with many of the goodies for all of us to enjoy!
SWAG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #128
charlie46

Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
So my '13 AGM 2SS 1LE is looking pretty rare right now. Ozzys RY 1LE is even more rare
I value your opinion , so I need your help . This new z28 is driving me crazy since we have the same cars and options do you think the z28 will be worth the extra 14k to 18k over our car? What I'm telling myself is making mods to achieve the same rear wheel horse power (435) as the LS-7 (500) at the crank shouldn't be too hard or expensive ? And our interior ( stereo, navigation , onstar , rear view camera leather seats) easer to live with and ride quality probably less harsh than z28 . The exterior front and rear ends on ours is more classic compared to the refresh , and not to mention that the rs package is not available on the z28. Having said all this please give me your opinion since this z28 is breaking my heart!
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #129
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I know you were talking to someone else but the basics boil down to this... you can make your car perform to the level of the Z/28 but it will cost you. And no matter how much money you spend an LS3 doesn't have the same potential as an LS7 so in the end you will be maxed out where the LS7 has room to grow. The reality is that on the street it's all overkill anyway. If you like the looks and comfort of a 1LE it is the better beginning of a street car but the Z/28 is undeniably the better beginning for a race car.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Old 03-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #130
charlie46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I know you were talking to someone else but the basics boil down to this... you can make your car perform to the level of the Z/28 but it will cost you. And no matter how much money you spend an LS3 doesn't have the same potential as an LS7 so in the end you will be maxed out where the LS7 has room to grow. The reality is that on the street it's all overkill anyway. If you like the looks and comfort of a 1LE it is the better beginning of a street car but the Z/28 is undeniably the better beginning for a race car.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Well put and thanks for the feed back!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #131
newb

IF you are asking should you get a Z28, that depends on what you want to do. My take on the Z28

1. As a daily driver it will suck. Even as a weekend toy it will be less fun than your 1LE.

2. The price is going to be $60k+ and $65 would not surprise me.

3. Good luck getting one. I'm etting they all get purchased for race teams, and collectors before very many see the streets

4. If you bought one there would be a feeling of collectability. I would fear that something would happen to the only Camaro that may actually be collectable some day.

In the end I have 0 buyers remorse or even desire to purchase a z28. It is a cool car based on the heritage and the performance aspect. I am not a fan of the looks per se. It is in a completely different class from our 1LEs. The 1LE is the ultimate best of both worlds budget racer. The is a no compromise car for people who want to race. I would love some of the go fast parts but you can keep the car as a whole.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #132
charlie46

Quote:
IF you are asking should you get a Z28, that depends on what you want to do. My take on the Z28

1. As a daily driver it will suck. Even as a weekend toy it will be less fun than your 1LE.

2. The price is going to be $60k+ and $65 would not surprise me.

3. Good luck getting one. I'm etting they all get purchased for race teams, and collectors before very many see the streets

4. If you bought one there would be a feeling of collectability. I would fear that something would happen to the only Camaro that may actually be collectable some day.

In the end I have 0 buyers remorse or even desire to purchase a z28. It is a cool car based on the heritage and the performance aspect. I am not a fan of the looks per se. It is in a completely different class from our 1LEs. The 1LE is the ultimate best of both worlds budget racer. The is a no compromise car for people who want to race. I would love some of the go fast parts but you can keep the car as a whole.
. Thanks for your input , I am glad that they are making a z28 it will compete with probably any thing out there on a track but as you said as a daily driver or weekend car might be less enjoyable than our 1 les . And how many times a year will we take ours to a track maybe once or twice if that.? Just read on edmunds.com that it will be priced higher than the zl1 over 55 k and sold in limited numbers . The cost will be at a minimum 18k to 20k more than the 1le .

Last edited by charlie46; 03-28-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #133
newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie46 View Post
. Thanks for your input , I am glad that they are making a z28 it will compete with probably any thing out there on a track but as you said as a daily driver or weekend car might be less enjoyable than our 1 les . And how many times a year will we take ours to a track maybe once or twice if that.? Just read on edmunds.com that it will be priced higher than the zl1 over 55 k and sold in limited numbers . The cost will be at a minimum 18k to 20k more than the 1le .
Don't forget dealer markup. If they were getting +$15k for a ZL1, I can't wait to see what the Z28 brings.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #134
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Just buy form one of several dealers that dont markup, that is ver simple solution to that issue. You can it drop shipped to your local dealer for less than a grand...much better than supporting greedy dealers! Worse vase should be MSRP.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #135
charlie46

Quote:
Don't forget dealer markup. If they were getting +$15k for a ZL1, I can't wait to see what the Z28 brings.
Your right with the dealer mark up it will be 2x the price of the 1LE and its not worth double the price ! That's it I made up my mind and keeping my 1LE, thanks NEWBE !
Old 03-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #136
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
As more details come out it is obvious that this is indeed a very special car with her exclusive materials. A few people may make the real Z into a daily driver.... not many. The engineers drove the build on this one... and engineers LOVE the quality materials. The Z/28 is the Camaro flagship and ownership will cost big time!! I am just happy it has a gold bowtie out front!! I am sticking to my 64950 prediction for the strip down model.

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #137
Cid369

Drives: 13 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE Triple Black.
I've waited till the 27th for the announcement of the 2014 Z28, went to the dealership on the 28th to pick up a 2013 1LE.

My reasons why I got the 1LE over the Z28.

1: The car is my daily driver and no speakers = no music will drives me nuts.

2: AC is an option.

3: The car will be the most expensive Camaro which means 60k+

4: The Honda Prelude looking tail lights makes me vomit.

But things I wish I have on the 1LE.

1: Recaro seats.

2: LS7

3: Z28 fender flares.

Cid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #138
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
where did you buy from CID369
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote