Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 01-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #71
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
I've been playing Gran Turismo 5 non-stop since it came out. Those screen shots for Forza 4 look pretty awesome though. Also, am I the only person who thinks the 458 Italia is ugly?
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #72
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
Also, am I the only person who thinks the 458 Italia is ugly?
Yes lol

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #73
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
Yes lol
+1
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #74
antimatr

Drives: 4 wheels + engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777 View Post
+1
+infinity

Although I find the other Ferraris in their current lineup rather dull-looking; neither the 599 or 612 really do anything for me, nor does the California.

Aside from that, I really hope Turn 10 focuses on aspects that are in more dire need of attention, like the lobotomized multiplayer, unrealistic drivetrain swaps (all-wheel drive '69 Chargers, '99 Vipers and 2010 Shelby GT500s? Seriously?), a flawed PI system, race modes simplified to the point of being a joke(drag racing comes to mind), bland interface, and various bugs/glitches that come to mind (vehicle interiors with non functioning gauges/displays or missing said gauges/displays altogether), among other things.

While being able to virtually 'kick the tires' with Kinect does sound somewhat intriguing (actually using it while driving in-game sounds a bit more hokey), I hope they don't sacrifice addressing the above issues just for the sake of implementing its use in the game...

Gone: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium (Sterling Gray Metallic, HID/Security Pkg, Brembo Pkg, 6M)
Current: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack (Ivory White Tri-coat Pearl, Driver Convenience Grp, Leather Interior Grp, 8A)
Future(?): 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS (Hyper Blue Metallic, NPP, 56R, 6M) or Ford Mustang GT Premium (Lightning Blue Metallic, Active Exhaust, Performance Package, 401A Package, Spoiler Delete, 6M)
antimatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #75
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by antimatr View Post
+infinity

Although I find the other Ferraris in their current lineup rather dull-looking; neither the 599 or 612 really do anything for me, nor does the California.

Aside from that, I really hope Turn 10 focuses on aspects that are in more dire need of attention, like the lobotomized multiplayer, unrealistic drivetrain swaps (all-wheel drive '69 Chargers, '99 Vipers and 2010 Shelby GT500s? Seriously?), a flawed PI system, race modes simplified to the point of being a joke(drag racing comes to mind), bland interface, and various bugs/glitches that come to mind (vehicle interiors with non functioning gauges/displays or missing said gauges/displays altogether), among other things.

While being able to virtually 'kick the tires' with Kinect does sound somewhat intriguing (actually using it while driving in-game sounds a bit more hokey), I hope they don't sacrifice addressing the above issues just for the sake of implementing its use in the game...
I love the 599 but the 612 is alright looking. The California looks good too but the 458 looks the best IMO.

Nice car btw, that's the best color on the new mustangs!

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #76
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
I have an awd r33 skyline engine swapped datsun 510 on forza 3 that nearly traps 170 in the quarter mile. car is absolutely nuts.

the drag racing is kind of poorly created. if you are doing test and tune, it loads and the clocks already ticking. there's no prep, there's no launch, you have to be on the gas before it's done loading. pretty boring. cool feature, just not done well.
Quote:
The drag racing sucks. All I do is spin my tires off the launch. Hopefully thats fixed for Forza 4. They need to do something similar to NFS Prostreets drag racing.
I agree it's poorly executed, and I hope they spend a little more time and make it closer to Pro Street, too. It isn't totally accurate, but it's the best that I've played and my benchmark. I like the burnout, staging, and you get all the good information, like 60', RT, etc. I really liked that aspect of that game. The real-world times are just rediculous, too.

I do hope they fix that, because otherwise, I don't have many problems with FM3. I play it more than I do the "other" simulator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by antimatr View Post
+infinity

Those drivetrain swaps were pretty rediculous on certain models. Though - now that I think about some of them, I believe productions cars were offered in AWD... I just don't recall for sure... I would sure like functioning gauges and active spoilers, though. It'd be nice to see some features the "other" simulator has come over to FM4, but there's not much that would really make it too big a deal for me. I know I'd like more tiresmoke, and I LOVE, that I have a clutch button.

There are certainly some areas where I think FM4 could approve on FM3, I'm more excited for the release than I am to play my "other" simulator. After all the hype, it's really almost a disappointment for me. On the whole, I seriously like FM3 better; at least that justified me buying the 360 strictly for that game, lol. I don't really feel the Kinect feature on FM3, yet, so I'll hold off 'til I see what it does on FM4.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #77
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Hey, AWD has saved me multiple times. And Poor Gran Turismo doesn't have a clutch, and race exhaust makes every car sound like a civic. But Forza3 can't be perfect, neither will Forza4 be....Wanna know why? Because Turn10 only takes themselves into consideration. Do you really think that they would really go through and make the game any better just because of Kinect? Just wait and see, Forza4 will be boring too.
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #78
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Z View Post
Hey, AWD has saved me multiple times. And Poor Gran Turismo doesn't have a clutch, and race exhaust makes every car sound like a civic. But Forza3 can't be perfect, neither will Forza4 be....Wanna know why? Because Turn10 only takes themselves into consideration. Do you really think that they would really go through and make the game any better just because of Kinect? Just wait and see, Forza4 will be boring too.
I'll be honest and admit I don't like it because I usually like to try to drive without any assists, and when I was on-line with friends, I had one who always only went to the AWD cars. Of course I couldn't keep up, because he had all his assists on, but it was just a little frustrating trying to get my RWD 976 horse' ZR1 on the tail of a pig of an AWD 540 SC'd Challenger. Eventually - I let my pride go and used TC, and that's it, and then spanked him because I think I could tune better, and his car wouldn't handle for crap.

I was really pizzed about the clutch in GT5, lol. I'm not spending $100 on a cheap wheel anymore than I'm spending $500 for a really good one. Give me a d@mn clutch and progressive throttle and brake buttons and I'll be happy. I could honestly care less about Kinect, too, lol. Don't get me started on the exhaust. Those clowns at Poly-blah-blah-blah couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat, regarding the exhaust. It's been $h1t from the beginning...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #79
Tactical Z
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I'll be honest and admit I don't like it because I usually like to try to drive without any assists, and when I was on-line with friends, I had one who always only went to the AWD cars. Of course I couldn't keep up, because he had all his assists on, but it was just a little frustrating trying to get my RWD 976 horse' ZR1 on the tail of a pig of an AWD 540 SC'd Challenger. Eventually - I let my pride go and used TC, and that's it, and then spanked him because I think I could tune better, and his car wouldn't handle for crap.

I was really pizzed about the clutch in GT5, lol. I'm not spending $100 on a cheap wheel anymore than I'm spending $500 for a really good one. Give me a d@mn clutch and progressive throttle and brake buttons and I'll be happy. I could honestly care less about Kinect, too, lol. Don't get me started on the exhaust. Those clowns at Poly-blah-blah-blah couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat, regarding the exhaust. It's been $h1t from the beginning...
Trust me, AWD helps when your track racing usually, but other times its stupid. 976HP ZR1 is also a bad choice, hmm, Try a Porsche. I mean I was dissapointed when the Camaro sounded like a Integra lol.

Do you ever play tag? Its superfun, and using assits is so annoying. Start drifting, you'll learn throttle control and etc. And invite me sometime if you guys are racing lol.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #80
TaylorRyanSS

Tag Virus? On FM3? Thats the only game I play online on FM3. Its so fun. I do not race online because I never win, so I gave up on that haha.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #81
Tactical Z
Banned

Quote:
Tag Virus? On FM3? Thats the only game I play online on FM3. Its so fun. I do not race online because I never win, so I gave up on that haha.
Yeah man, that's all I play on Forza3 too. Same, I always get hit off the road so oh well.

Whats your Xboxlive gamertag?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #82
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Z View Post
Yeah man, that's all I play on Forza3 too. Same, I always get hit off the road so oh well.

Whats your Xboxlive gamertag?
x REDLINE 7 x

I have not played in while since I started my new job and when I do play I usually play Reach. But every once in a while I play FM3.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:21 PM   #83
Tactical Z
Banned

That's fine man, i'll add you eventually. Anytime you get a chance, just hop on. Maybe rad will play finally.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #84
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
I never bought FMS3... but was a semi famous FMS2 artist.

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote