Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #771
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Congrats orange krate, How did it feel to drive her.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #772
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Orange Krates GFX are drying overnight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarpdlnkqnt View Post
Isn't that an OEM part on all wives?
My wifey has got that Scotch stubborn streak and a little of something else I haven't quite identified... They packed a whole lot of energy in that love basket! Danger Will Robinson..danger danger!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowStorm View Post
w00t!
That is a fine looking car there Snowstorm! That bad boy definately would be stealth in the snow! BTW... for those that haven't bought one... and to those that have... Did you all have to sign a "NO USE OF CHAINS" disclosure??? I don't think I had ever seen that before. Not that I have to worry in the flatlands of So Cali! It was 78 degrees here today in my neck of the woods. Perfect. Sorry Scottish had to say it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeandBlondie View Post
Elvira after a bath in 27 degree weather.......my wash and dry rags froze where I hung them over the porch railing...... I can finally feel my fingers. The sacrifices we make! She was a dirty girl. Now she's clean! 940 miles so far!
Nothing like a good douching in 20 degree weather to put a little bounce in your step! HA HA She is now sanitized for your protection! DOH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishgames View Post
Looks like I may get a break in the weather this Sat. and be able to flatbed Car-Mine home. Whats going to suck is the only time I'll drive him is when I pull him into the garage till next spring. He'll be 5 months old and have only around 15 miles.
Bad for you but Car-Mine is happy you love him so much not to attempt the bad weather punishment. You are a good, proud Father!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by panther2469 View Post
Congrats orange krate, How did it feel to drive her.
Thanks Panther! Soon we can cruise a local place! Hook up with Googleeyes and hit the Burbank Hooters or Bob's Drive-in in style! Driving just that short distance blew my mind. The power is definately there. I could feel the torque up the hills. No effort. And when I hit that little red button next to the shifter and the factory boost kicked in...WOW!!!

Oh you didn't buy that option? GMs best kept secret... For an extra $1500 you can order up the factory NOS kit. But you accept their use it/lose it Warranty package. 3 feet or the curb rule.

I can't wait to break him in and really feel the gusto. CHEERS folks! Lets hope tomorrow is the true delivery day.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:14 AM   #773
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

STILL WAITING...

Orange Krate had all the GFX finished up today. The shop is closed tomorrow and the only thing they have left to do is change out the fuel door, change the engine cover, throw the cargo net in the back (box), give me the spare parts, hand them the money and sign final docs. Everything else is done. I will go check out the GFX finished job tomorrow AM. I am patient but it is worth the wait because the body shop guys have taken extra care with the job and there is NO overspray because they did everything off the car, including painting the goofy license plate bracket IOM. Hey its California what can I say. I have already come close to a ticket in my VW for no license plate bracket. Clocks ticking and I am off to bed.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-11-2010, 06:47 AM   #774
Scottishgames
Suck'n Gas And Haul'n Ass

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS - 1936 Chevy Streetrod
I'm going to pick Car-Mine up in about two hours.
I think I got about three hours sleep last night. I kept trying to think if Im had everything ready for the arrivel and worrying about the weather.
The skys are clear and the temp is going up to 43 today. (yes I saw yours Orange Krate) .
I want the truck to pick him up early, before the snow starts to melt so less spray in the air.
I'll take pics and post later today.
Orange Krate, looks like you will be the last of the 11/15's to get his home.
Scottishgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #775
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
I'm going to pick Car-Mine up in about two hours. I think I got about three hours sleep last night. I kept trying to think if Im had everything ready for the arrivel and worrying about the weather. The skys are clear and the temp is going up to 43 today. (yes I saw yours Orange Krate) .
I want the truck to pick him up early, before the snow starts to melt so less spray in the air. I'll take pics and post later today. Orange Krate, looks like you will be the last of the 11/15's to get his home.

Nanner nanner!!! You are not the only one who hasn't slept. It has been months for me. I have sat up many a night drawing, reading, researching, building Orange Krate over and over at the Chevy website, even when they first came out! Obsession? No. It is my dope!

The wait will be worth it and I think you will like the GFX. My dealer is one of the only two in So Cal that has all Sunday's off (bodyshop closed Saturday) because they truly believe in their family life! That is why the extra days. It has been a wild ride and it is about to get wilder when
Orange Krate comes home!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #776
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Quote:
I'm going to pick Car-Mine up in about two hours.
I think I got about three hours sleep last night. I kept trying to think if Im had everything ready for the arrivel and worrying about the weather.
The skys are clear and the temp is going up to 43 today. (yes I saw yours Orange Krate) .
I want the truck to pick him up early, before the snow starts to melt so less spray in the air.
I'll take pics and post later today.
Orange Krate, looks like you will be the last of the 11/15's to get his home.
Congrats Scottishgames
Old 12-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #777
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
The night before I received my baby I did not sleep very well.

I just changed my oil today. 8 qts is a lot of oil. I used Castro Edge and a Mobil 1 filter.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #778
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlingSS View Post
The night before I received my baby I did not sleep very well.

I just changed my oil today. 8 qts is a lot of oil. I used Castro Edge and a Mobil 1 filter.

Bill
Wow that baby has a hunger! I think you made a good choice changing out the oil.
Make sure everyone reads the maintenance thread on changing gear and rear end lube. From what I have read in the thread there appears to be quite a bit of metal particles from machining etc in the differential and some are recommending the old style magnetic screw in plugs to capture it. Also there was some extensive discussion on the use of various lubrication products.

I can't remember the name of the brand off the top of my head (I am old), but it is "Purple" something that is used in the manual transmissions that makes them shift smooth as silk. That is where I am headed if my BABY ever makes it home. I am off to the dealer to do yet a bit more paperwork and drop off a check. It is not that complicated it is just with the extra bodywork and such that it has stretched out a couple of extra days as their body shop was busy. No worries be happy.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #779
SwedeandBlondie

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS L99 on order
First oil change this morning. Went with Amsoil oil and filter. After the change, took Elvira to get her windows tinted....she looks amazing.

2009 HD Street Glide
2005 HD Fatboy
SwedeandBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #780
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
First oil change this morning. Went with Amsoil oil and filter. After the change, took Elvira to get her windows tinted....she looks amazing.
ELVIRA is scrumptious!! Just like the persona!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #781
Scottishgames
Suck'n Gas And Haul'n Ass

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS - 1936 Chevy Streetrod
Car-Mine is home.
So we go to the dealership today and flatbed him home through the snow.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=40483

All cleaned up and ready to go.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=40484

Enough with the pics, get me out of here.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=40485

WTF !!!!!!!!! Ice Damage.
Watch it Mates.
This could happen to you if you let ice build up on your stripes and try to remove it.
My dealership will replace the stripe
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=40486

Loading up for the ride home
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=40487

Riding high and dry
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=40488

I'm Home
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=40489

The only time I got to drive him.
OD has 18 miles on it.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=40490

My next door neighbor checking him out.
A rinse and dry then to bed till spring.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=40491

My wife also found a small dent on the passanger door and a couple small scratches on the front.
I got all repairs in writing and signed by the manager, to be done in the spring.
And as a gesture of goodwell, they gave me a second free tank of gas and my first two oil changes of moble1 FREE .

Last edited by Scottishgames; 12-13-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Scottishgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #782
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
how many miles before you did the oil change, was thinking about doing mine at 500.
Quote:

Old 12-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #783
ssummit camaro

was a nice day got to wash and wax
Old 12-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #784
ssummit camaro

there sure is alot of heat under that cover