Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #57
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkoIko View Post
Good for you! I, too, am a lady driver who travels through the already snow covered Sierra Nevada mountains via Interstate 80. This thoroughfare is not for the faint of heart; but my SS gets me where I want to go. I carry a shovel to get off my block, rather than wait on the snow plow.
I've driven that highway in the winter, and girl, you got some balls!! drive safe this winter!! I stopped where I did in the pic as my now fiancé was shoveling the driveway. The snow didn't get much deeper that night so was fine to drive in the morning, but it was right up under the splitter!
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #58
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Firebird View Post
I have a 2010 SS and have driven it in the snow.... not good. Tires are too wide and you may get stuck in a parking lot trying to back out. Buy a winter car.
Sorry can't myself but how come the ladies can handle driving in the snow?

Three winters driving my SS in the snow never got stuck once.

This one was taken after driving 2200kms across Canada in the middle of December, got to dodge some Moose in Northern Ontario, these cars can handle snow just fine.

Last edited by Meltdownaverted; 09-27-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #59
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownaverted View Post
Sorry can't myself but home come the ladies can handle driving in the snow?

This one was taken after driving 2200kms across Canada in the middle of December, got to dodge some Moose in Northern Ontario, these cars can handle snow just fine.
Because we girls rule!
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #60
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
WE tend to forget Most Police cars are rear wheel drive and they seem to get around in the Snow very well. I'm lucky I have a summer car and a winter car so I do the Garage thingy.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #61
Had2F's

Drives: 2013 AGM 2LS
Quote:
I drove my old SS around Calgary for 3 winters with no issues the only thing I might add to that list it to pick up the window chip stickers from a glass shop, if you get any window chips in the winter you can stick these on till you get it repaired as you really don't want a cracked windshield a $900 a pop.
Check your auto insurance coverage. Zero deductible comprehensive coverage and you might be able to get it replaced, for maybe 50.00 IIRC. The cost difference between zero deductible comp and 500 or more is not much. A cracked windshield, or replacing one, is not even near my list of things to worry about, let alone ON it.

I have had zero deductible comprehensive on every car I've owned since 98 when a friend told me how much he had to pay to replace the windshield on his corvette. Figuring the windshield on the 98 Camaro I was driving at the time would probably be close to that, I went to a zero deductible right away. Haven't changed it since then.

I've had one windshield replaced since then for cracks. Glass shop came to my office replaced it about an hour. I think it only cost me 50.00.

Last edited by Had2F's; 09-28-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Had2F's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #62
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Sorry can't myself but how come the ladies can handle driving in the snow?

Because your smarter than these people ! I get a laugh with these folks that say they cant get traction with summer tires ? Of course they do not it is a SUMMER TIRE They need to park the car for the winter I do not want them driving next to me .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
snow, tires, winter driving