Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 04-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
2nd Chance to back Star Citizen!

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know if you missed backing Star Citizen the first time around, they are launching another little mini-campaign to get a few extra features for the game.

For those that haven't heard of it before, Star Citizen is going to be a new Space Sim game (think Wing Commander or X-wing vs TIE fighter style) being designed by Chris Roberts (creator of Wing Commander). The key focus of the game is to be as immersive as possible. They've been making a lot of progress already on the game, and the first playable Alpha should be out later this fall, with a full release planned for late next year.

The game is already up to $9 million total via crowdfunding (both Kickstarter and their own website). If they can get to $10 million, they can build their own motion capture studio which would save a lot of money on renting motion capture gear (which can run $35,000 a DAY!)

So if you're as big a fan of space sims as I am, drop by their website and consider backing them. $35 get's you an LX version of the starter ship as well as the game itself (cheapest you'll ever be able to buy the game before it ships).

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.co...rora-revealed/

-edit- I should add, the lower prices shown on the website are a sale that will last till this Saturday, May 4th. You can still back after that, it just won't be as cheap. I believe this mini-campaign will be ending towards the end of May.

Last edited by Brokinarrow; 04-29-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Brokinarrow is offline   Reply With Quote