Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 04-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #2801
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmetal View Post
Woah hey there you are! Awesome, do the TnT!..I guess they want get pics/vids of all of use going up and down the strip...or in the least pay the $5 for the pit pass! I'll bring all my camera gear for photo/vids.

I also am in the middle of plasti-dipping my rear taillight bezels...I hope they come out good - but easy to redo...I should have waited my acrylic black out lenses will be in this week and ill have to remove the rear bezels, again..
Mike;

I'll have to check out those taillight bezels. I plan to do that before I black out the back end. I picked up the blackout lettering at the Fest, and changed by SS emblem on the front from white to red (to match the RS designation).

Hope to stop out at the TnT this week to catch up with everyone. Sounds like you got a deal on the wheels.
Name:  Side Marker.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  18.5 KB

Name:  Badge.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  25.1 KB

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #2802
slickmetal

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Mike;

I'll have to check out those taillight bezels. I plan to do that before I black out the back end. I picked up the blackout lettering at the Fest, and changed by SS emblem on the front from white to red (to match the RS designation).

Hope to stop out at the TnT this week to catch up with everyone. Sounds like you got a deal on the wheels.
Attachment 234632

Attachment 234633
Np man, I plasti-dipped them last night, they look nice! I will be leaving them off today as my blackouts should be in today or tomorrow and require you to remove the bezels. I like the black lettering on the side of yours! I was thinking of removing mine and plasti-dipping those as well! I want to go with the front full bowtie delete..Most are out of stock :( Hope to see you out at the track! Yeah cant wait to run with the DRs!
- 2013 Black ZL1 - A6 - Lingenfelter/Cordes Stage 2.5 packages E85 - FORE Fuel System - Kooks LTHs - Magnaflow Cans - Rotofab CAI/Big Gulp/Coolant Tank - Savini 3pc Forged - Underhood Dress Up (ACC & Drake & Moroso) - Hurst Shifter Kit - Custom Audio w/ JL Audio Sub/Amp/Stealthbox - Hand Polished Brace - Oracle Ghost Sidemarkers - LEDs everywhere - 624/617 on E85 & 545/548 on 91 (Sept 2015) - 693rwhp (Dec 15)
slickmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #2803
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
I like the Black Camaro Letters, It might look good on my Yellow I will be putting the Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can on tonight I hope. It looks very solid as far as build quality. A kid in a 1990ish Camaro tried to race me yesterday on Grant, he had a car club sticker on his side window. He looked familiar, like from the Mt Lemon run, I wave at him, he gave me a smug look, then tried to impress me with reving his engine, got behind me at a light and reved his engine again. Maybe he will be down at SIR so one of us can humble him alittle.
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #2804
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
I like the Black Camaro Letters, It might look good on my Yellow I will be putting the Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can on tonight I hope. It looks very solid as far as build quality. A kid in a 1990ish Camaro tried to race me yesterday on Grant, he had a car club sticker on his side window. He looked familiar, like from the Mt Lemon run, I wave at him, he gave me a smug look, then tried to impress me with reving his engine, got behind me at a light and reved his engine again. Maybe he will be down at SIR so one of us can humble him alittle.
Dont worry Sean, I got your back.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #2805
slickmetal

Quote:
On the subject of cruise stories...

I was on my way to the wal-mart down Valencia...and just past the airport an import rolls up next to me...I see the passenger, a female, I presume his GF roll down the window...I see her look at my car at the light and say, "Wonder whats hes got in it..?" Then I heard the guy say, "oh looks stock probably", as he revs his engine and I hear a little turbo...at this point I put it in Sport mode and was turning off my TC...the light turned and I he slammed his gas and then I just whomped on it spinning and chirpping through my gears...this was right after I got the headers put on etc put on and just ate him up...then i heard her say, "Holy shit!!! you were wrong, he killed you! That was loud as $hi7!" The car behind me rolled up next to me, and thought I was going to get a frown face but I saw them laughing and gave me the All this and stayed within the speed limits

But coming back down off Mt. Lemmon this weekend with my GF and her 2 kids from out of town in the car, who are nervous enough as it is...had a dodge minivan tailgating me the whole way...I mean I had 2 cars in front of me who were "nervous brakers" as it was....

Then the guy from out of town who couldn't pull past my friends turbo cobalt with his 500+ RWHP Shelby Stang...lol...then got on me as he cranked up his Supercharger when he was next to me...and gave my crap later cause I didnt play or do anything as he had his GF in tow....because me and friend saw the cop 30 feet ahead...
- 2013 Black ZL1 - A6 - Lingenfelter/Cordes Stage 2.5 packages E85 - FORE Fuel System - Kooks LTHs - Magnaflow Cans - Rotofab CAI/Big Gulp/Coolant Tank - Savini 3pc Forged - Underhood Dress Up (ACC & Drake & Moroso) - Hurst Shifter Kit - Custom Audio w/ JL Audio Sub/Amp/Stealthbox - Hand Polished Brace - Oracle Ghost Sidemarkers - LEDs everywhere - 624/617 on E85 & 545/548 on 91 (Sept 2015) - 693rwhp (Dec 15)

Last edited by slickmetal; 04-27-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #2806
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40years View Post
Will do Will.
Thanks Glen, I'm hoping he'll have some progress by tomorrow. i'm not expecting lighting fast work, but maybe something to see.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #2807
slickmetal

Anyone good at finding exhaust leaks? I swear I have one now, but couldn't find it before. The header bolts are fine (maybe)...the cats were tested with a cigarette at Johnny Macs a week or so ago...if anyone is willing to help, let me know...especially around lunch time tomorrow, as I can try to get a stall on D-M w/lift or friday when I go to mount my DRs. Kinda sick of taking it places and nothing getting fixed...leaving business names out of this...
Old 04-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #2808
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmetal View Post
Anyone good at finding exhaust leaks? I swear I have one now, but couldn't find it before. The header bolts are fine (maybe)...the cats were tested with a cigarette at Johnny Macs a week or so ago...if anyone is willing to help, let me know...especially around lunch time tomorrow, as I can try to get a stall on D-M w/lift or friday when I go to mount my DRs. Kinda sick of taking it places and nothing getting fixed...leaving business names out of this...
Mike, let me know when your gonna be at the D-M Hobby Shop. I'll meet you there and help you try to find the leak.

Last edited by copper3000; 04-27-2011 at 04:30 PM.
copper3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #2809
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
I installed my Oil Catch Can today, not too hard of a install, about 45 mins.
Attached Images

2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #2810
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

I talked to Bob Lee today, he would like to put together a mystery Dinner. It will probably be the 14th of May, its a Saturday, from 11:00 to 3:00ish. The meal will run between $6.00 to $13.00 per person. We will meet in the Parking behind In N Out off Cortaro. We will go on a hourish long cruise, and eat at a undisclosed spot. If this sounds like something we want to do please reply, I need to see if it's a go. If this is a hit we will plan more.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #2811
SarcasticDwarf

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Red Jewel
Quote:

I talked to Bob Lee today, he would like to put together a mystery Dinner. It will probably be the 14th of May, its a Saturday, from 11:00 to 3:00ish. The meal will run between $6.00 to $13.00 per person. We will meet in the Parking behind In N Out off Cortaro. We will go on a hourish long cruise, and eat at a undisclosed spot. If this sounds like something we want to do please reply, I need to see if it's a go. If this is a hit we will plan more.
I would be interested.
SarcasticDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #2812
383_3rdGen
84 under cunstruction

Drives: 84 Camaro
Quote:

sounds good to me.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #2813
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
now that sounds like fun.

Hey Sean, can you send me the link or info for the catch can. I need to pick one up
Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 AM   #2814
slickmetal

Here is the wheels I ordered, but they are silver...not chrome.
http://www.tradeunion.com/website_br...Id=95485&pro=1