Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
Nevadabill

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Noweeds owners.. Might wanna check the E-clips

Driving home yesterday and I opened the Noweeds, got on it a little and when I closed them, it didn't sound like they closed all the way.. Cycled couple times and somethings wrong. Pulled over, looked under the car and one of the accuators is hanging about 3 inches off the ground. Well sh*t. No way I can get under the car here. I was only about a mile from home so I turned on the emergency flashers and limped home on the side of the road at about 5mph waiting for a bang when it hits the ground.. ( Nothing like Mustang fanboys getting to see a Camaro limping along the road with it's flashers on ..lol). Anyway when I get under, one of the (1 front & 1 rear) E-clips that holds the accuator to it's mount had come off and accuator was hanging from the front pin only... only thing that had kept it from hitting the ground was the way I had run the wiring.. the accuator electrical wiring was holding it up other wise it woulda hit the highway for sure.. Needless to say after replacing the clip, I also added some safety wire to hold them up in place if a clip ever pops off again... I sure feel lucky cause if it hit the highway at speed, I can imagine damage of biblical proportion under the car.. So Noweed owners, check those E-clip retainers now and then.