Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
New: Adam's Rinseless Wash Review

Dylan contacted me and asked if I was interested in trying out their new Rinseless Wash product. This worked out perfectly for me as I have a dirty Camaro in the garage, as it was too cold and I was too busy to wash it when I put it away for storage. I definitely was excited to give this a try.

This was an extreme test of the Rinseless wash for a couple reasons. First, my car was really pushing the upper end of what I would consider safe for rinseless wash. I probably should have broke out the two buckets, but given the circumstances, I chose to soldier on and just be extra careful. Second, it's cold as balls here. If I didn't dry within seconds, I had ice crystals forming on the paint. Not a big deal, just made it a little trickier.

Before:

Name:  IMAG0074 (Small).jpg
Views: 1307
Size:  93.6 KB

I also use a different technique than Adam's suggests with my Rinseless washes. They recommend a 2-bucket setup wherein you rinse your microfiber in the clean water bucket before going back to your Rinseless bucket. I use what I believe is called the Gary Dean method, where I have just the one bucket, but I use many towels and toss them in the dirty towel basket after use. My towel never goes back in the bucket after touching the paint, therefore eliminating any contamination possibilities.

Little disclaimer here, I'm not a big user of rinseless washes. They definitely have their place, but if the weather is nice, 9 times out of 10 I'm going to bust out the hose and do a 2-bucket wash. That being said, I do have some experience with them, especially ONR, and have a few things I look for.

1. Lubricity 5/5- A rinseless wash has to be super slick in order to not scratch. You don't have the luxury of a bunch of water and suds, so you need to make sure that what you're using allows your wash media to glide across the soiled paint without grabbing and dragging. Adam's gets an A+ in this, as I had no problems wiping the towels across the paint.

2. Cleaning power 5/5- I'll let Dylan step in and explain the chemistry here, but basically, these types of products encapsulate dirt in order to safely lift and remove them from the paint. Adam's knocked it out of the park here as it took only one pass to leave a perfectly clean finish. This is crucial because I don't want to be rubbing the paint more than I have to.

Name:  IMAG0076 (Small).jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  99.8 KB

3. Clarity 5/5- A rinseless wash isn't much good if it leaves a film of itself behind. You want it to wipe away completely clean as you dry it. Another A+ here as I could not see any clouding left over. Just clean paint.

4. Cost effectiveness 3/5- I'm always looking for the best products for the money. I do not have a budget that allows me to buy $200 waxes. I need performance and value. Adam's isn't going to break any records when it comes to value with this. It comes out to be about twice as expensive as the industry standard, ONR. ONR is about $1.25 per 5 gallon bucket. Adam's is going to be about $2.25 according to my calculations. On their site they say one bottle is good for 16 washes, but I think the bottle is 16 oz. and you have to use 2oz per wash...so maybe I'm missing something.

Verdict: I think this is the best Rinsless Wash I've ever used. It outperforms ONR both in slickness and in clarity after the fact IMO. Now, is it worth the price hike? Only you can decide that based on your budget. I personally will keep Adam's on the shelf for rinseless washing and relegate ONR to claybar duty.

They knocked this one out of the park as far as I'm concerned.

Pics to follow- just realized I'm late for dinner reservation!!

Last edited by CamaroDreams07; 12-08-2013 at 12:55 PM.
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
As always Matt, great write up. Spring time until I put my order in.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Good to hear you like this stuff. I got my bottle the other day and used it and was impressed, but it was on a dusty car. I'm working up the nerve to try it when my car is truly dirty. Your review gives me a little more confidence. I was debating using the rinseless wash with the Garry Dean method, since, like you, it seems safer to just toss the dirty towel instead of rinsing it and possibly missing a piece of grit.

Thanks for the review.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Anybody try it on the vinyl wrap of the 1le?

Sent from the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
I agree on all points. It's great stuff but pricey per oz. Smells great too!
Old 12-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #6
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
I am really excited about this product. I have had good luck with ONR, but I just love the Adams line.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
CamaroDreams07

Sorry for the delay on the pics til this morning. Dinner went well
Old 12-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Is the rinseless wash a spray and wipe like the waterless wash or is it a different method?
Old 12-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Is the rinseless wash a spray and wipe like the waterless wash or is it a different method?
Different. Check it out on Adams polishes.com or YouTube rinse less wash.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #10
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Have you used the latest ONR (with carnuba, green version). Does this compare the same as reg ONR?

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #11
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Have you used the latest ONR (with carnuba, green version). Does this compare the same as reg ONR?

Ryan
Haven't used it. I don't use combined products generally. I keep my washes for washing and my waxes for waxing.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
I did the rinseless process this morning courtesy of how Glen showed me a month ago... danke schein G! And perfect results especially on my Camaro that was not filthy dirty to start off with...
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #13
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
New: Adam's Rinseless Wash Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Haven't used it. I don't use combined products generally. I keep my washes for washing and my waxes for waxing.

??? It's a new version of ONR that came out last yr. it's not a combination of products

OPTIMUM NO RINSE WASH & WAX 32 OZ.
Optimum Polymer Technologies
Item#: OPT-NRWW-32

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #14
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
??? It's a new version of ONR that came out last yr. it's not a combination of products

Ryan
I know exactly what it is. It combines the wash and wax step by adding carnauba. It's actually called ONR Wash and Wax, whereas the traditional is called Wash and Shine.

Not sure where the confusion is coming from. In any case this thread is about Adams Rinseless Wash.