Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #29
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgium Camaro & SSR View Post
people told meon this forum i can not load mutch in the car because the tires are a bit wider than the rear fender, so for that reasen perhaps no pasengers because the tires will perhaps hit the rear fenders
yes if u have to much weight in the back with the 335 they will rub. Also like all the BLACK's.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #30
Bumble.Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathtaker View Post
I love tires sticking out of a car.. aggressive look.. and I hate european side mirrors.
Can you post a pic of European side mirrors?
Bumble.Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #31
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS

look on it BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! Like my AAC mirrors thin.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #32
Bumble.Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: Prius
Oh how come you hate them? Isn't that your car? lol.
Bumble.Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #33
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro54 View Post
I'm running that set up only 315s in the rears and they stick out one inch. I like the look but hate the stance for handling since the suspension is limited vertically. The lexanis offset only has one option and that sets out too far. I did not intend for them to stick out but was lied to by the dealer. They wouldn't take them back since I ordered them painted. That was two years ago. I will probably buy my next wheels this year to correct the problem. Your tires will hang outside the fenders 2". You won't be able to ride people in the back seat or carry too much weight in the trunk. Your fenders will also hit at higher speeds when you hit a sharp dip in the road. I had to do adjustable coil overs so I could set the height and the stiffness firm. My tires don't throw rocks on my quarter panels but yours might damaging the paint. You can PM me if you have questions in case I don't return to this. Good luck and have fun with your new look.
I have that problem with a different set of wheels and like you got lied to and got stuck with them. Mine are 1.25" outside and your right, can't have anyone in the back and gotta be careful on the bumps. Funny thing is I get a lot of compliments with that look but I have future plans to lower and that won't work. Hopefully in a month or two ill pick up the right offset.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #34
Belgium Camaro & SSR

Drives: Black 6.2 2011 convertible
He guys.
My rims and tires work just great.
I even have 22x11 in the rear and 335x25x22 tires
Drove a few days now and the tires do not hit the fender so far.
I can still install rubber rings between the coils so the car flexes not so mutch and they can not even hit the fender but i do not need tem at this time.
Now about your wheels, it will be only the rear tires and wheel you are talking about that do not fit right?
If you like the way they mlook and you want to keep them, here is an idea.
Check how mutch room you have behind the tires befor they hit the inner fender and then get your wheels fixed to the space you have left.
My 22x11 stick out 1/2 inch and i like it like that, if yours are to far out like the 1.25 you will have more then enough room at the rear of the wheel.
Look for a company that has a CNC machine and let them cut of the widt of the part where the wheel conects to the disc brake to what you want it to be.
For example you want the tires and wheels to be 1 inch deeper in the fenders, they can cnc 1 inch of from the surface that hits the discbrakeroter and then your wheels will fit..
It is still cheaper than bying new wheels..
Belgium Camaro & SSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #35
Belgium Camaro & SSR

Old 03-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #36
Belgium Camaro & SSR

Sorry i see the are on the side make some new pictures soon the right way.
but still you can see the tires fit the fenders even 335x25x22.
also a picture where you can see that the tires FIT 22x11 wheels and that the front 295x30x22 fit a 22x9 to
also a picture of the big mirrors we have to drive here by law.