Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I felt it, and it is real...

Todays' commute was wet... lots of rain. When opportunity knocks, I frequently accept the challenge and have fun. Much of my commute is winding mountain road, and gittin' sideways ("drifting, y'all) is about as much fun as a redneck fella in a Camaro can have. However, I RARELY do that on the downhill, as there's a lot more control on the uphill (and yes, I kick Stabilitrac off), but today, the turn was wide, the road was wet... all the ingredients were there. I pushed it through the turn, and felt Stabilitrac take over! It was crazy... I could feel the adjustments to braking and throttle, and that car just wouldn't get sideways, in SPITE of my attempt to throw the worst of all worlds at it... pretty awesome and effective technology there!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
Switchin2Chevy

Drives: Currently 2015 Mustang GT manual.
I agree it is good...!
Switchin2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
These type of posts usually don't end well. Be prepared for many to come in here and blast you for this post.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Got it on video?
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
These type of posts usually don't end well. Be prepared for many to come in here and blast you for this post.
I have no doubt as to that eventuality. Last night, I laid in bed, awake for hours, worrying about the responses to some of my posts. I was distressed over how some disagreed with me: My car is not a sports car? I can't possibly love my--- gasp--- V6... I sometimes drive real fast... and so on. I streesed out over how some might see me. I worried that some might think I'm an idiot. ...... Oh, wait, that's wrong. I didn't lose any sleep over it. I just turned the computer off.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
If people aren't having fun in these cars then they are either lie'n or just to into the "don't play on the roadways" b.s., everyones done it!
But I'm sure someone will bash that as well as your opening to the thread, its C5....
Just waiiiiiiiiiiiit for it.....
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
I have no doubt as to that eventuality. Last night, I laid in bed, awake for hours, worrying about the responses to some of my posts. I was distressed over how some disagreed with me: My car is not a sports car? I can't possibly love my--- gasp--- V6... I sometimes drive real fast... and so on. I streesed out over how some might see me. I worried that some might think I'm an idiot. ...... Oh, wait, that's wrong. I didn't lose any sleep over it. I just turned the computer off.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #8
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Stabilitrac is great but there is a point where it can't overcome physics.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
Haha, I can't drive 55!

I enjoy my V6 on industrial district streets on the way to work every day. We, the guys at the factory I work at, have a stretch of speed bumps around the back of buildings on site we call "The Slolom" that we try to drift a couple times a week when nobody else is around.

It helps that one of the guys with a gen 4 is head of security, and joins in the fun!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
TPAJETSKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Stabilitrac is great but there is a point where it can't overcome physics.

Would this be that point?

Old 11-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
I loved my v6 nearly as much as my SS. They are great cars, and 312-323 hp is nothing to sneeze at. Love what you got, and have a blast in your Camaro no matter what any of "holier than thou", or "you're not worthy to have fun" little girls have to say.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #12
TPAJETSKI

I only posted my comment to let the guy know what he may be in for. I should have looked at his post count to see that he's not new here so he probably already knew and didn't care. As to the holier than thou people, I'm certainly no hypocrite. Hell 20 years ago I was goofing off and put my 89 Formula 350 up a tree at 2 a.m. I won't speak for anyone else, but I will say I'm much more careful as a driver. Especially now that I have kids of my own that are driving. I'll never think I'm better than anyone else, just my own life experiences have had a role in changing my driving habits.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
Wakemaker89

Drives: 2020 Summit White LT1 M6
Send a message via Skype™ to Wakemaker89
Quote:
What he said! How could you be so stupid to drift on public roads and endanger the lives other commuters......

AND NOT GET IT ON VIDEO!!!!!!
Solid work my friend, I would love to have tried to get my camaro sideways, however I lack the cahones to do so. Sure a little tire spin on a wet day but never enough to get the back end out from behind me.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #14
Edgehanger

Drives: 2013 2SS 426 M/T
Quote:
Would this be that point?

Look....Its Transforming!!!