Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
wingnutt
Wingnutt

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro SS/w RS package
DAMMIT....Stolen Key

Apartment got broken into last week while I was at work....The thieves took my jewlery, my 2 Laptops, My Xbox 360 elite and my watches...But the thing that pissed me off was they took my spare key to my Damn Camaro....Now I have to get the whole damn car Re-Keyed...Thank god for Renters insurance and Car insurance...But the apartment complex is at fault, they let the Carpet cleaning people in my place to vacuum up water from the storm and they let him get my key to the apartment and no one from maintenance was there with him....So then supposedly he left and locked the door but when maintenance came to check 4 hours later my home was robbed now they notice 4 black kids hanging out by my appartment but thought they were trying to get into the pool...Im suing the complex and the Carpet people....And im waiting on the dealer taking his sweet ass time to get the key parts....
wingnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
wow man i am sorry to hear that... that is a bummer situation. i hope everything works out for u... hide behind a bush with a bat and if someone comes back for your car, youll know what to do
Old 07-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Dang. That sucks. The only thing with the spare key is, now they can just walk up and jump into your Camaro. I hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Get he key changed ASAP.

Another forum member had his car stolen a day or two after the key was stolen.:(
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
Wasp

Drives: 2011 Camaro Victory Red 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post
Apartment got broken into last week while I was at work....The thieves took my jewlery, my 2 Laptops, My Xbox 360 elite and my watches...But the thing that pissed me off was they took my spare key to my Damn Camaro....Now I have to get the whole damn car Re-Keyed...Thank god for Renters insurance and Car insurance...But the apartment complex is at fault, they let the Carpet cleaning people in my place to vacuum up water from the storm and they let him get my key to the apartment and no one from maintenance was there with him....So then supposedly he left and locked the door but when maintenance came to check 4 hours later my home was robbed now they notice 4 black kids hanging out by my appartment but thought they were trying to get into the pool...Im suing the complex and the Carpet people....And im waiting on the dealer taking his sweet ass time to get the key parts....
Old 07-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
Javier

Drives: Camaro 2LT
use the camaro as bait and let onstar handle it. then you get your xbox back =). Just playing dont listen to me. Hopefully you get the money from them and hopefully the complex steps up on security
Old 07-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
Nick Gemrose

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
A good gun safe is a must, plenty of room for all that is important these days. A good heavy one with digital dial will run about $400. Gives some peace of mind as well. Couple of guns in it as well.
Nick Gemrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #8
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
First of all very sorry to hear this bro! Second of all it's "DAMNIT" third of all YOU DAMN RACIST! OK OK JOKES LOL, I get accused of being racist when I say I don't like Obamas policies HAHAHAHAHA I love replying "I blame his WHITE half!" lol

(please don't get y'alls panties too bunched up, prior post above made in good fun and jest disclaimer lawls!)
Old 07-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #9
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
First of all very sorry to hear this bro! Second of all it's "DAMNIT" third of all YOU DAMN RACIST! OK OK JOKES LOL, I get accused of being racist when I say I don't like Obamas policies HAHAHAHAHA I love replying "I blame his WHITE half!" lol

(please don't get y'alls panties too bunched up, prior post above made in good fun and jest disclaimer lawls!)
Nah it's not racist hahaha It's stereotyping also I would leave the car at the dealers until they get the parts in as a precautionary measure.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #10
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Get he key changed ASAP.

Another forum member had his car stolen a day or two after the key was stolen.:(
This^
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #11
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
use the camaro as bait and let onstar handle it. then you get your xbox back =). Just playing dont listen to me. Hopefully you get the money from them and hopefully the complex steps up on security
That's actually not a bad idea
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #12
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
They be scooping your house yo..

Now in english--
They will be watching you...change the locks as soon as possible.
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #13
kcsr6

Drives: 2011 Black LS3 2SS/RS
That sucks you need to light a fire under the dealer's A$$!! My neighbor is my dealers parts mgr and they get parts fast!! I've never had it take more than 1 or 2 days for a any part for any of my cars. Good Luck!!
kcsr6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, key, stolen