Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #15
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
+ another vote for the MRT V2. Install only takes about an hour so you should not be looking at more than 100 bucks to install it.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #16
zer0ss

Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 LFX
MRT2.0 vote here as well. Using the provided hardware is an easy DIY, but I opted to get a buddy of mine to weld it in.

The piece of mind to get it welded might be worth 80 to 100 for a shop to install. It prevents the possibility of hardware loosening over time that may allow the exhaust to melt your diffuser.
Sound: Two 12" Kicker Comp Subs in ******** Enclosure
zer0ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #17
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
MRT 2.0. 1 hour install using hacksaw. 30 minutes using a sawsall you bought at Harbor freight with the money you saved on the install. Floor Jack and a box wrench for the clamps and your good to go. Some have them welded on. Haven't needed to do that so far.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #18
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
No fans of the Borla, Corsa, Solo?
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #19
BigVic
Speed Racer

Drives: 2022 LT1
Borla

I have a Borla axle-back and really like it. Mellow with no drone.

Check out post #12
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307540
Post delivery - FR 41 ZL1 Replica Rims (20x10 Front, +23 - 20x11 Rear, +43), Llumar 28% Tint, Ceramic Paint Coating, Hardwired Uniden R3 Radar Unit and Viofo A129 Dashcam, TMG A-15 (dual) front Laser Jammers
BigVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #20
fussboss

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcfuzz View Post
No fans of the Borla, Corsa, Solo?
That was my question also - I was looking at the Borla and was wondering if anybody had feedback on that at all..
fussboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:20 AM   #21
bionick

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
If you're not extremely picky, just cut it yourself and weld it. Took maybe a couple minutes to cut the factory mufflers off and then just clamp the new ones on. Shouldn't take more than like 20 min and you're also saving money, unless you want it welded
Old 10-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #22
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fussboss View Post
That was my question also - I was looking at the Borla and was wondering if anybody had feedback on that at all..
There is a decent V6 Borla video on YouTube by Ruby, I think Apex uses it on their site. It would be great to hear one in person. I have heard Borlas on an SS and like it. I have also heard a few V6ers with different exhausts but not a Borla. For me, this mod is on the radar but may not happen for a while as I have some other mods I am focused on now.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #23
fussboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcfuzz View Post
There is a decent V6 Borla video on YouTube by Ruby, I think Apex uses it on their site. It would be great to hear one in person. I have heard Borlas on an SS and like it. I have also heard a few V6ers with different exhausts but not a Borla. For me, this mod is on the radar but may not happen for a while as I have some other mods I am focused on now.
Well it seems I am out of luck on all ends here - no Borla will fit my car as well as the MRT2.0 will not fit.

Thanks quad tips...

Anybody got any ideas?
Old 10-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #24
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
ive been thinking about getting the Stainless Works Retro Chambered cat back. Anyone heard this exhaust in person?

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:51 AM   #25
BigVic
Speed Racer

Drives: 2022 LT1
Borla 11776 video

Post delivery - FR 41 ZL1 Replica Rims (20x10 Front, +23 - 20x11 Rear, +43), Llumar 28% Tint, Ceramic Paint Coating, Hardwired Uniden R3 Radar Unit and Viofo A129 Dashcam, TMG A-15 (dual) front Laser Jammers
BigVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #26
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by fussboss View Post
Well it seems I am out of luck on all ends here - no Borla will fit my car as well as the MRT2.0 will not fit.

Thanks quad tips...

Anybody got any ideas?
do you have the dual mode exhaust? if so i would like to hear how it sounds and also wondering why you couldnt go with Borla or MRT exhaust? as far as i can tell the rear fascia on your car is same as the one on the 14 LS.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #27
fussboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
do you have the dual mode exhaust? if so i would like to hear how it sounds and also wondering why you couldnt go with Borla or MRT exhaust? as far as i can tell the rear fascia on your car is same as the one on the 14 LS.
Ya - dual on both sides - total of 4 tips. I actually need to take it in right now because something is rattling around in there at times. But it sounds decent now and I am about to put in a CAI in a few days so that should alter it a bit. But I will try to get a video up before any changes are made.

As far as why the Borla and MRT 2.0 won't work? Good question, but I talked to both companies on the phone about it. Borla told me they were not even going to make something for my car at ALL. MRT is looking for somebody to test out fittings and stuff, but they are in Michigan and I am in San Diego so I can't take the car over there lol. It has to do with the quad tips as Borla does have options for the 2014 V6 without the quads.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #28
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Manual
I found a great deal on a cat back system for under 700 bucks by JBA !!! But its made for the SS. As far as i know the exhaust for the V6 and V8 run the same the V8 is just bigger tubing and different mufflers. This system is 3" tubing which is big. Will this fit a V6 camaro and will 3" tubing be to big for the motor.
LS3 Handler is offline   Reply With Quote