Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-27-2010, 11:31 AM   #29
Docknock

Drives: 1SS/1LE
Thanks!! I was getting so confused! WTF lol
Docknock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #30
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
Let's put this issue to rest for good.
http://********.com/product_info.php?products_id=324
Tried it today. It works. It's cheap. We have it. You don't have to get it from us, but you can if you like. End of story, tired of hearing all this nonsense.
Thanks for the clarity Steve! That is why I went with Kicker! Your products rock!

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #31
USNSCPO
Gearhead

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
YES! beautifully simple solution.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #32
ToyotaCamaro

Drives: SIM 2LT RS 6M, Toy Tacoma S-Charged
Quote:
Let's put this issue to rest for good.
http://********.com/product_info.php?products_id=324
Tried it today. It works. It's cheap. We have it. You don't have to get it from us, but you can if you like. End of story, tired of hearing all this nonsense.

Thanks for the confirmation, that definitely puts my mind at ease.

Certainly the end of the story, but I don't think that people asking questions and caring about if an installation is going to F-UP their car, should be considered "nonsense."

2LT RS M6
Sunroof

- Injen Intake
- Hurst Short Throw Shifter
- Mobil 1 0W-30
- WeatherTech Extreme
- Quarter Flares
- 3M Clear Bra
- 20% Tint
- Kicker L5
ToyotaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:24 PM   #33
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaCamaro View Post
Thanks for the confirmation, that definitely puts my mind at ease.

Certainly the end of the story, but I don't think that people asking questions and caring about if an installation is going to F-UP their car, should be considered "nonsense."

Yes but all these threads have made everyone so paranoid that it has really hurt sales on the harness to no fault of the harness itself. That's what I hate about these forums the most. By the time I get an e-mail and can respond back with the solution--I find that the person has already freaked out and gone on here posted about the issue and now there's 3 pages of omg the sky is falling. The problem is that you open yourself up to bad advice from guys who don't necessarily know what to do for sure. In the mean time, the hundreds of guys whose system work just fine are starting to get concerned like there is a problem, when there's not. And other guys are just not gonna buy it now that there might be a problem associated with it when there's not. So you do more damage than good by going over my head. You just don't realize it. All I ask is you come to me first and we'll get it solved. Nobody knows our products better than I do.

Even GM can't build a car that doesn't need changes and updates and recalls after it has been released for sale because of problems that develop that they didn't expect. The only thing they can do is come out with a fix or an update and move forward. That's all you can do because you can't go back in time. I don't know how you can expect someone like myself to build a universal product and account for every situation that it may face down the road.

If you weren't around back in May, everyone wanted this thing as fast as it could be released. All the amps I used in my testing worked great right off the harness so honestly I really didn't know to try to forsee anything else. I'm not a huge corporation with a million dollar budget that can go buy every amp to try out. I think I did damn good with what I had to work with. You don't see pac or metra or scosche offering anything like this so I am way ahead of much larger companies.

Besides, only a small percentage of amps will need this fix anyhow. The harness has been out for 7 months now and we are just starting to see a few amps that are needing it? A few out of 400 isn't bad coverage IMO.

Last edited by Steve@Subthump; 12-27-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #34
ToyotaCamaro

Quote:
Yes but all these threads have made everyone so paranoid that it has really hurt sales on the harness to no fault of the harness itself. That's what I hate about these forums the most. By the time I get an e-mail and can respond back with the solution--I find that the person has already freaked out and gone on here posted about the issue and now there's 3 pages of omg the sky is falling. The problem is that you open yourself up to bad advice from guys who don't necessarily know what to do for sure. In the mean time, the hundreds of guys whose system work just fine are starting to get concerned like there is a problem, when there's not. And other guys are just not gonna buy it now that there might be a problem associated with it when there's not. So you do more damage than good by going over my head. You just don't realize it. All I ask is you come to me first and we'll get it solved. Nobody knows our products better than I do.

I've stated several times on this forum that your product is amazing. I would definitely buy from you again and I would recommend this to everyone with BA system. However, I think it's a little misleading to call it a "Plug and Play" when there's a chance that you would need the LOC or a Ground Loop Isolator. It would be nice if it were included (even at a higher price tag) or at the very least recommended. This is my first installation utilizing a stock system, but it's not my first rodeo with stereo and sub installations. Having a crazy squeal coming out of your speakers is a little scary. You have to appreciate the fact that this forum is a community where everyone helps each other and most of found your product here, so naturally we're going to come back here for advice and help.

2LT RS M6
Sunroof

- Injen Intake
- Mobil 1 0W-30
- WeatherTech Extreme
- Quarter Flares
- 3M Clear Bra
- 20% Tint
- Kicker L5
Old 12-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #35
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
ToyotaCamaro-
I can see your side of things and I see Steve's as well. I am one of those that had a true plug and play experience. Popped that sucker right in and done in a minute. Took me longer to get to the harness than to install it. Additionally when you look at having to cut your OEM harness this is closer to a plug an play solution than not, at least in my opinion.

Additionally I am was a little worred and thinking I need a Pac loc but after 7 mos of no issues, it can wait till my redesign. So I can see it both ways
Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #36
ToyotaCamaro

I just want everyone who stumbles upon this thread to understand that there is no issue with ********'s product. I encourage everyone with the BA system to purchase his harness but I also recommend the Ground Loop Isolator just to be on the safe side.

2LT RS M6
Sunroof

- Injen Intake
- Mobil 1 0W-30
- WeatherTech Extreme
- Quarter Flares
- 3M Clear Bra
- 20% Tint
- Kicker L5
Old 12-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #37
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Haha wow this blew up!

My friend just came over an gave me a ground loop and it worked no problems. I hadn't even read all this stuff yet.

I agree with ToyotaCamro also, and it's a fact not everyones will be plug and play. My amp did not work, and some peoples did. It shouldn't take us who all may have different amps to find out on our own. Yes, my ground loop took 1 second to plug, and the harness is very nice not having to splice into the car. I aplaud your for your product, but some may see it as misleading when they get it and then have to buy another product to make it work.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #38
USNSCPO
Gearhead

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Now that we've all be properly chastised...

My friend, no one has suggested that your services and products are anything but outstanding. Keep up the fine work! We'll keep coming back for more.

peace out!

Quote:

Even GM can't build a car that doesn't need changes and updates and recalls after it has been released for sale because of problems that develop that they didn't expect. The only thing they can do is come out with a fix or an update and move forward. That's all you can do because you can't go back in time. I don't know how you can expect someone like myself to build a universal product and account for every situation that it may face down the road.

If you weren't around back in May, everyone wanted this thing as fast as it could be released. All the amps I used in my testing worked great right off the harness so honestly I really didn't know to try to forsee anything else. I'm not a huge corporation with a million dollar budget that can go buy every amp to try out. I think I did damn good with what I had to work with. You don't see pac or metra or scosche offering anything like this so I am way ahead of much larger companies.

Besides, only a small percentage of amps will need this fix anyhow. The harness has been out for 7 months now and we are just starting to see a few amps that are needing it? A few out of 400 isn't bad coverage IMO.