Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #29
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Well maybe it was the top gun photo.... we are just sharing info.... this is a brand new set up, so no one knows for sure. As far as speaking my mind.... well.

What amazes me on this site is the quick judgement to bs. Your post was a prime example. Obviously you like cars and have dumped some money into yours (did you get the cam yet?) so why is it when something doesn't look correct is there a mad dash to call bs (your word was funny) instead of some rational discussion WITHOUT bias to become better informed. Something I see you do on this site, just not in this thread yet.

Point? And you are catching it from me, nothing personal, but why can't we discuss the facts without the snide comments?

Fact: Two 1LE SS Camaros on opposite sides of the world dynoed over 400.
Fact: Both owners claim a hard break in.
Fact: Both have NPP
Fact: Only three published stock dyno numbers for this set up. THREE
Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 12.7 (second of published fast list) @ 111.8 (top of published fast list here) in the quarter by MT
Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 4.2 to 0- 60 by MT
Fact: Other "factory fast" SS cars have been documented
Fact: more will be revealed

Great post and this thread should get very interesting as time goes on.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #30
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Well maybe it was the top gun photo.... we are just sharing info.... this is a brand new set up, so no one knows for sure. As far as speaking my mind.... well.

What amazes me on this site is the quick judgement to bs. Your post was a prime example. Obviously you like cars and have dumped some money into yours (did you get the cam yet?) so why is it when something doesn't look correct is there a mad dash to call bs (your word was funny) instead of some rational discussion WITHOUT bias to become better informed. Something I see you do on this site, just not in this thread yet.

Point? And you are catching it from me, nothing personal, but why can't we discuss the facts without the snide comments?

Fact: 2SS/RS 1LE 12.7 (second of published fast list) @ 111.8 (top of published fast list here) in the quarter by MT

Awesome post. I'll have to bite my tongue on this one. Enjoy your car and whatever numbers it has.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #31
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
Awesome post. I'll have to bite my tongue on this one. Enjoy your car and whatever numbers it has.
Fact: I was wrong, the 12.7 is only 4th fasted on the stock SS fast list.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #32
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
Lol, so did you have a fun break-in also scuba? if you're still stock I'd like to see your numbers for this thread
Not any good dyno shop around here. There's one in Richmond, but it's like 90 miles away. Oh yeah, my car hates to putt along, so break-in was rather hasty.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #33
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
I knew once Ozzy posted his numbers all the negative nancies were going to come out.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #34
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
I knew once Ozzy posted his numbers all the negative nancies were going to come out.
lol...i wasn't the first...tram caught flack for his before i even had my car

anyway, now that i've caught up on the thread and it looks like things have settled down again, the break-in "by the book" that i was referring to can be found here. i broke almost all of these rules during my break-in, not constantly, but at least a few times every time i've taken her out. i'm still under 400 miles, so technically i'm still breaking it in, but whatever.
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #35
SumWhite1LE
King of All

Drives: 2014 Summit White Z28 #275
Quote:
It might also be worth noting that both tram and myself have done a harder break-in than the manual recommends...
Haha!!! I didnt know these cars needed to be broken in. Really!!! So as of tonight I have 1800 hard miles on mine.

Quote:

Yup!!! We love our camaros just like the rest of you all. And some of you guys are quick to pass judgement so quickly about that there is no way that these cars are putting out these kind of numbers... Well 2 out of 2 dyno at 400+ and you still call B.S??? We arent in your threads calling your cars out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
Mine will be on A Dynojet either late this week or this weekend. I will report back..
SumWhite1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #36
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Yeah I knew that Tram caught flack for it. But there are a lot of people on this sight that like to rain on people's parade, and once you posted yours I knew it was coming. Good job you all are doing on yours cars. I got along ways to catch up once mine gets here hopefully in 3 weeks.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #37
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumWhite1LE View Post
Haha!!! I didnt know these cars needed to be broken in. Really!!! So as of tonight I have 1800 hard miles on mine.

Yup!!! We love our camaros just like the rest of you all. And some of you guys are quick to pass judgement so quickly about that there is no way that these cars are putting out these kind of numbers... Well 2 out of 2 dyno at 400+ and you still call B.S??? We arent in your threads calling your cars out.

Mine will be on A Dynojet either late this week or this weekend. I will report back..

I had mine on a Dynojet on the 7th. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...114824&page=16 (post #377)

It would be interesting to see another Dynojet posted.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #38
Alvin@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 IOM RSS
Someone bring one to PCM of NC and have it dynoed! I'm really interested to see what they will do 100% stock!
Alvin@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #39
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooley View Post
I had mine on a Dynojet on the 7th. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...114824&page=16 (post #377)

It would be interesting to see another Dynojet posted.
cooley, what kind of break-in did you do, if you remember?

also what was your mileage when you dyno'd?
Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #40
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Does the 3.73 make a difference one the dyno? Heard gears dont on show on dyno though. And I really dont know why poeple always claim BS to anything on this forum.
Those are good numbers and will be glad when more post similar results.
I have yet to see a 1LE on the road, going to drool when I do
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #41
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Does the 3.73 make a difference one the dyno? Heard gears dont on show on dyno though. And I really dont know why poeple always claim BS to anything on this forum.
Those are good numbers and will be glad when more post similar results.
I have yet to see a 1LE on the road, going to drool when I do
the gearing shouldn't make a difference, since they should be using the 1:1 gear (4th)
Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #42
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
cooley, what kind of break-in did you do, if you remember?

also what was your mileage when you dyno'd?
I did the recommended break in with some 'spirited' driving.

Had about 5600 miles on the car at the dyno.