Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
how do you like your full rear cradle bushings

I am going to buy full rear cradle bushings and want to know how your DIY experience went and if the upgrade was worth the 250$+ and the roughly 6 hours to install?
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro500 View Post
I am going to buy full rear cradle bushings and want to know how your DIY experience went and if the upgrade was worth the 250$+ and the roughly 6 hours to install?
Installing either the poly-urethane or solid rear cradle bushings isn't one of the easier upgrades to do on a Camaro but it will definitely be one of the best that you can do. IMHO the increase in performance well outweighs the cost and labor to install them. It will be one of the best upgrade you can!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
camaro500

thank you I will be ordering your bushings through the bmr website in the following week.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Installing either the poly-urethane or solid rear cradle bushings isn't one of the easier upgrades to do on a Camaro but it will definitely be one of the best that you can do. IMHO the increase in performance well outweighs the cost and labor to install them. It will be one of the best upgrade you can!
Agreed! Not an easy task, but WELL worth it!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
6 hours to install sub-frame bushngs

Camaro Sub-frame bushings are easy to install if you have four jack stands, two floor jacks a a propane torch.

1. Put the car on jack stands.
2. Set your floor jack under the differential
3. Remove one sub-frame bolt, screw it back in 1/2" and repeat on the remaining three
4. Remove two sub-frame bolts on either the driver or passenger side
5. Lower the jack under the differential just enough to place a 1" socket in between the top of the sub-frame bush ferule
6. Use the second floor jack to lift the corner of the sub-frame with the socket.
7. Add pressure once you are sure the socket is secure between the top of the bushing ferule and the 'frame' rail in the monocoque
8 when you start to lift the car off the jackstand heat the metal that surrounds the sub-frame bushing.
9. keep heating until the bushing falls on the floor
10. Repeat three more times

In a shop this takes an hour once the car is on the lift. In your home garage it takes two hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
All bushings are not created equal.

User / Owner Video

PEDDERS

Putnam Park Danny Popp driving the Pedderised L/28.

Any questions?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
camaro500

thank you for the install tips, very helpful! I see that the full bushing does not move at all but costs double that of BMR full bushing. Many people settle on inserts because of the price. I am willing to spend 250-350$ on bushings but the pedders HD are over my budget. I am buying multiple parts and will not be running over 450WHP in the next 18 months.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
BMR Sales

Quote:
thank you I will be ordering your bushings through the bmr website in the following week.
Awesome! If there is anything else we can do to help you out let us know.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
JusticePete

Quote:
thank you for the install tips, very helpful! I see that the full bushing does not move at all but costs double that of BMR full bushing. Many people settle on inserts because of the price. I am willing to spend 250-350$ on bushings but the Pedders HD are over my budget. I am buying multiple parts and will not be running over 450WHP in the next 18 months.
Our EP1200 Inserts will do the job for you.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
BMR Sales

Our BMR full rear cradle bushings (BK024) will offer way more movement control than the Pedders rear cradle inserts and on top of that the Pedders rear cradle inserts are more expensive than our full rear cradle bushings. IMHO our BMR full rear cradle bushing will be the best choice here especially if you are looking to get the most performance gain within your tight budget.

Last edited by BMR Sales; 10-16-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #10
JusticePete

Pedders clients do not make decisions based on opinions. They do not buy on price. They find the best value in proven performance.

CamaroCross
Top 10 Fastest Cars
Camaro5Fest 4

99 ....Danny Popp........34.868 - LPE / Pedders
29....Todd Rumpkey.....35.344 - Raymond's Performance / Pedders
725..Jordan Priestly.....35.429 - JDP Motorsports / Pfadt
8......Ryan Matthews....35.516 - Detroit Speed / JRI
3......Rob Anderson......35.570 - Wretched Motorsports / Pedders
40....Tim Martin............35.997
17....Scott McAdams....36.761 Pedders
13....Mike Rupp............36.797 Pedders

54....Bryan Johnson.....37.326
5......Benjamin Parker..37.576 Pedders

Another Fastest Time of the Day in the Lingenfelter - Pedders L/28 Camaro.

Pedders = Proven 5th gen Camaro Performance. Since the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Challenge in 2009 following SEMA, not once has any late model muscle car ( Camaro, Challenger, Charger and Mustang) finished ahead of a Pedders USA Camaro. Not once.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
BMR Sales

So what you are trying to say is that for the OP's budget of $250-$350 your rear cradle inserts will perform better than our full rear cradle bushings? I am definitely not going to agree with you on this. Also I am sure the guys you have on that list are using these rear cradle inserts since it is the only rear cradle inserts/bushings you have available that are within the OP's budget?

The way I look at it is that you have someone that is on a tight budget and looking to get the most for their money. Their budget is $250-$350 which they clearly say in a post in this thread yet you are wanting to try to sell them something that is twice the price and compare the parts they are looking at to something way more expensive. That makes perfect sense.

I am definitely not saying that there aren't better performing options out there that are pricier but it isn't within the OP's budget. Solid rear cradle bushing would be the ideal choice since it will control the rear cradle movement better than any poly-urethane bushing will which will lead to better overall performance but I am not going to recommend them because they are more than the OP is looking to spend.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
It's a vendor war everyone run for the hills!!!

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Old 10-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #14
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Nah just a little friendly banter back and forth, I am sure in the end we will just agree to disagree.

Last edited by BMR Sales; 10-16-2013 at 03:01 PM.