Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
1st Car Show Report.... WOW

Anyone from Long Island knows Bellmore car show. Its a regular Friday night show at Bellmore train station, Ive been going to it since I was about 5 years old!

So last night I went down there in the Camaro (Sorry no pics... I know) to meet up with some freinds... It was packed couldnt even get a spot in the lot.

It didn't matter, my car was SWARMED as soon as I parked it. There was a crowd! I walked around and helped my girlfriend out of the passenger seat and everyone clapped and said "wow what a nice guy!" Then someone said "thats cause they aren't married yet!" LOL... I responded with "I just didnt want her to get a hand print on the door!" Then she punched me in the arm LOL.

I was there for 2 hours and couldn't walk away, a constant stream of people coming up to me asking questions, taking pictures, taking pictures with the car, etc. It was unbelievable. I've owned some seriously hot cars (Grand National, Turbo TA, Vettes, Trans Ams, etc) and NEVER have I had a reaction to a car like this. It was insane! Another Camaro owner pulled in behind me and we chatted, he had an IOM 2SS/RS with black hood/hockey stripes. We saw another IOM LT drive by as well... Met a couple people who have them on order as well. I set straight some misconceptions about the Z28 and stuff like that too....

The only bad part was ANOTHER SS Black with polished wheels passed us going out of the show with some 20 something year old punk driving it with his hat sideways. Normally I wouldn't stereotype because I have a couple 20 something year old punk friends that look like that, but it was his response when I said, "hey man nice car!" he responds "yeah whatever" and tears off. So I yelled back "thanks, dick!"

I can only surmise that he is someone who mom and pop bought the car for and only got it cause its the "hot new toy" to have. Probably paid way over sticker too.

Overall unbelievable the response, I look forward to going again next week, its a great way to meet cool people and chat about these cars.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
I walked around and helped my girlfriend out of the passenger seat and everyone clapped and said "wow what a nice guy!" Then someone said "thats cause they aren't married yet!" LOL... I responded with "I just didnt want her to get a hand print on the door!" Then she punched me in the arm LOL.
Name:  1231_hysterically_laughing.gif
Views: 916
Size:  23.0 KB
Old 06-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
seriously hot cars..thought you meant lambos and such..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
seriously hot cars..thought you meant lambos and such..
ha ha ha

Old 06-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
Haha, great story. Can't get handprints on the door... haha. I hate those 20 year old pricks that do that. I'm younger than them, but it's still annoying.
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #6
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
I constantly warn my wife to not put hand prints on my car. She has sense learned how to shut the door using the opening for the closing mechanism.

Great story though!
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #7
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
It was probably stolen..............
Old 06-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
c0rsa180

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Anyone from Long Island knows Bellmore car show. Its a regular Friday night show at Bellmore train station, Ive been going to it since I was about 5 years old!

So last night I went down there in the Camaro (Sorry no pics... I know) to meet up with some freinds... It was packed couldnt even get a spot in the lot.

It didn't matter, my car was SWARMED as soon as I parked it. There was a crowd! I walked around and helped my girlfriend out of the passenger seat and everyone clapped and said "wow what a nice guy!" Then someone said "thats cause they aren't married yet!" LOL... I responded with "I just didnt want her to get a hand print on the door!" Then she punched me in the arm LOL.

I was there for 2 hours and couldn't walk away, a constant stream of people coming up to me asking questions, taking pictures, taking pictures with the car, etc. It was unbelievable. I've owned some seriously hot cars (Grand National, Turbo TA, Vettes, Trans Ams, etc) and NEVER have I had a reaction to a car like this. It was insane! Another Camaro owner pulled in behind me and we chatted, he had an IOM 2SS/RS with black hood/hockey stripes. We saw another IOM LT drive by as well... Met a couple people who have them on order as well. I set straight some misconceptions about the Z28 and stuff like that too....

The only bad part was ANOTHER SS Black with polished wheels passed us going out of the show with some 20 something year old punk driving it with his hat sideways. Normally I wouldn't stereotype because I have a couple 20 something year old punk friends that look like that, but it was his response when I said, "hey man nice car!" he responds "yeah whatever" and tears off. So I yelled back "thanks, dick!"

I can only surmise that he is someone who mom and pop bought the car for and only got it cause its the "hot new toy" to have. Probably paid way over sticker too.

Overall unbelievable the response, I look forward to going again next week, its a great way to meet cool people and chat about these cars.
Haha funny thing, that other IOM 2LT was actually my IOM 2SS, I drove past when the you were parked and the IOM w. stripes was pulling in, I was going to come over to you and talk to see how u liked the car, but you were too swarmed with other people lol...

Inferno Orange Metallic
2SS
RS
M6
ordered 2/17/09
c0rsa180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #9
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rsa180 View Post
Haha funny thing, that other IOM 2LT was actually my IOM 2SS, I drove past when the you were parked and the IOM w. stripes was pulling in, I was going to come over to you and talk to see how u liked the car, but you were too swarmed with other people lol...
Yeah now that I think of it it was an SS... my bad! the crowd we had was crazy... took 2 hours before i could get out, move the car to a spot so I could actually walk around!

I'm sure I'll see ya there sometime soon!

Old 06-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #10
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

2nd Car show... Fathers day show at 4 Towns in Merrick... Car was a hit, people taking pics with it, etc, made friends with a Challenger SRT8 owner as well.

Still in shock at the reactions to this car....

Old 06-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #11
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
haha great story...I can't wait for my first show!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #12
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Yea kid sounds like a jerk. Do the secret sign first and if they don't respond don't talk to them.

Secret sign is lifting 4 fingers to kinda wave without lifing hand off the wheel.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:10 PM   #13
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Hmmm....maybe I'll have to join you next week...

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #14
catmaster1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Yea kid sounds like a jerk. Do the secret sign first and if they don't respond don't talk to them.

Secret sign is lifting 4 fingers to kinda wave without lifing hand off the wheel.

I always do the two finger thing????
catmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote