Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-01-2015, 11:41 AM   #1
Jarrettstrand

Drives: '14 Camaro 2LT/RS
Check Engine Light Issue

I own a 2014 2LT RS and whenever I put the key in, and click it twice (not turning the car on) the Check Engine Light pops up. But yet, when I turn the car on it disappears. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm trying to remote start my car, but I can't because of the light.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:12 PM   #2
_sleepy_
Kitten Mittens

Drives: 2010 1SS M6
im pretty sure this is normal it sounds like your putting the car into accessory mode so all the electrical components will work. the check engine light will come on because the engine did not technically fire.

if its an issue though try plugging an OBDII into the port and see if you get any codes
_sleepy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:27 AM   #3
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
not a problem perfectly normal. if the light would be on when the engine is running then it's a problem.

when turning your key in the acc or on position ,all gauges are on even if the car don't run,it's like a check all over thing the computer lights up everyone to see if all lights are ok, it's kind of waking up just before you make the engine run. notice also when you open your door you have your keys with you and the dash turns on for a while.. like the car knows it's programmed like that it senses a movement or a signal .

i wouldn't worry at all.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cel