Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-16-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
larietrope

Drives: 1970 Boss 302
Human nature and automobile parking

May be a good title for a book. One of my peeves is how people park. I expect them to pull in straight and evenly, and get out of their car like they payed something for it. I constantly see people park as if they are blind and are on one side or the other or worse, half turned in so the spots on each side are unuseable. To top it off. they are oblivious to what they have done.
One of the best is the person parking at the YMCA or fitness center circling for the nearest parking spot so they can go in and exercise for an hour. Walking apparently isn't exercise to them.
Why would otherwise normal people have a desire to open their door on a nice car ? Envy, ignorance, or just plain meanness. Perhaps a combination.
Someone has something you don't. It holds true with many other things in life also.
Don't walk 20 feet to put the buggy back at Wal Mart, leave it so they next person can't park in the space or is against your car when you come out.
There's a certain element in society that is a low life and there always will be.
larietrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
try to understand

You have to understand that for most people, life is basically a struggle. during their entire lifetime they likely will never own a new car or have anything nice, thus they don't see the world the way you and I do. those people think life is hopeless. you can be sure they aren't thinking about you and your nice car.

Try to go to a walmart in a nice neighborhood where more people drive higher end cars. that solution worked out for me.

be careful where you park. use all the tricks of the trade that you have.

Last edited by 2001ragtop; 12-16-2009 at 06:25 PM.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I've noticed this reaction in friends who drive older cars. Not that they didn't care, but when they got a new car they began to watch how and where they park and worry about getting a door ding. We have a nice parking lot at work with wider spaces than you'd find at a lot of shopping centers. I was suprised when corporate security sent out an email several months ago asking employees to park straight in the spaces and not park too close to another car.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
yep, we have a "demo derby" parking lot here at work,half of the lot are slanted spaces the other are straight lined, the people in the slanted line spots park sooooooo close that you can't get a piece of paper between you, one day when I still had my truck I had to get in on the passenger side and crawl over to the drivers side because I couldn't get in my door and I am not a large person either and still could not get in. We also have an old bank teller building with the covered lanes but it is 2 blocks away from my office door, so I choose to park there and walk every day to avoid being dinged and scratched in the other derby lot.
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
The thing that kills me is when I come home and somebody is parked in my driveway that does not live at my house (usually my uncle) and there is plenty of parking in front of my house where someone visiting should park, it just irritates me when this happens.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Parking style is directly proportionate to life style.
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #7
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
You have to understand that for most people, life is basically a struggle. during their entire lifetime they likely will never own a new car or have anything nice, thus they don't see the world the way you and I do. those people think life is hopeless. you can be sure they aren't thinking about you and your nice car.
Thats because they spend their life trying to keep up with the jonses, watching crap like american idol, and generally having no taste because they want whatever the pop culture tells them to want.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
Thats because they spend their life trying to keep up with the jonses, watching crap like american idol, and generally having no taste because they want whatever the pop culture tells them to want.
I disagree. People are raised differently. If someone is raised in a poor family, it is not their fault or the "pop culture's" fault for them being born into a poor family. So with that comes struggle, with struggle comes arguments that can tear families apart. Shit like that have led people to being a alcoholic or become suicidal because of financial reasons. When someone is "stuck" in a financial problem like what most American's are in right now, they loose hope.

I can pick at more of your post if i would want to, but i will hold my self back from doing so.

Sorry, i did not read what this thread was about yet. I just had to voice my opinion on this guys post.
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
YenkoSC

Drives: 1967 Camaro RS/SS, 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
I disagree. People are raised differently. If someone is raised in a poor family, it is not their fault or the "pop culture's" fault for them being born into a poor family. So with that comes struggle, with struggle comes arguments that can tear families apart. Shit like that have led people to being a alcoholic or become suicidal because of financial reasons. When someone is "stuck" in a financial problem like what most American's are in right now, they loose hope.

I can pick at more of your post if i would want to, but i will hold my self back from doing so.

Sorry, i did not read what this thread was about yet. I just had to voice my opinion on this guys post.

I agree partially but even the richest of people can have problems, Tiger Woods is a good example.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #10
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Actually just because your family is poor does not mean you have no hope. You choose what to make of your situation period.

Hell I grew up in one of the most ****ed up familys. We had no money, dad had to sell his 81 turbo TA for 3g because my mom wanted custody of me even though she was a drugged up, alcoholic discrace. But even after that the bill came to 21 grand for court. For what? Oh yeah we had to live from shithole to shithole for years because of the problems my old man got out of it, drugs, gamballing, psycotic girlfriends that come summersulting through windows to heel drop your doornob off to go stab your father. So yeah before you make assumptions that you have no idea about. Maybe you should tell your american families to man up. One of the reasons I have very little interest in my family is because their so ****ing petty and useless. (I could give more examples of this) Be happy that your alive and not giving orders by blowing into a tube.

My dad told me, everything material is replacable and we will do better one day. And hey, things get better.

Suicidal? Screw the quitters.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #11
mcdoogle6969

Quote:
Originally Posted by larietrope View Post
May be a good title for a book. One of my peeves is how people park. I expect them to pull in straight and evenly, and get out of their car like they payed something for it. I constantly see people park as if they are blind and are on one side or the other or worse, half turned in so the spots on each side are unuseable. To top it off. they are oblivious to what they have done.
One of the best is the person parking at the YMCA or fitness center circling for the nearest parking spot so they can go in and exercise for an hour. Walking apparently isn't exercise to them.
Why would otherwise normal people have a desire to open their door on a nice car ? Envy, ignorance, or just plain meanness. Perhaps a combination.
Someone has something you don't. It holds true with many other things in life also.
Don't walk 20 feet to put the buggy back at Wal Mart, leave it so they next person can't park in the space or is against your car when you come out.
There's a certain element in society that is a low life and there always will be.
I don't know were to start. We will start with your first comment with people taking up multiple spaces. I use to do that with my Cadillac. Why? because i hate when people park next to me. I do not want to take the chance of some asshat parking next to me and putting a door into it. It worked. Never had any damage done to it and nobody parked next to it. My town is full of disrespectful people, i had a kid throw a lit cigarette on my Camaro because i wouldn't race on the street. So when it comes to parking, to me it comes down to the survival of the smartest. If you have a nice car and park neatly so people can park next to you or if you don't park out of the way, well you are parking your car at your own risk.

Next, about the example you gave about the YMCA parking. I know a few people who don't go there to run/walk on the treadmills, they go there to use the weights so to them walking is not as necessary. Also, it depends on the weather. I don't know about you, but if it's really cold, or rainy/stormy out i will circle a parking lot to get a close spot to that certain building. Parking spots are for people to use, they shouldn't have to have a certain requirement.

But with not returning carts at stores and door dings, well people do what people will do. Don't be the stupid one to put yourself near those situations with your nice car that you paid a lot of money for.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #12
mcdoogle6969

Quote:
Originally Posted by YenkoSC View Post
I agree partially but even the richest of people can have problems, Tiger Woods is a good example.
Tiger Woods had too much money. He had no financial problems, he just had...problems. If you have too much money, you tend to not give a shit because you think you can buy the world. Last thing i heard about him was he had affairs with multiple women, am i correct? That really has nothing to do with financial problems. I'm going to stop right there because i really don't know what to say about that guy. LOL.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #13
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
Try to go to a walmart in a nice neighborhood where more people drive higher end cars. that solution worked out for me.

be careful where you park. use all the tricks of the trade that you have.
Hahahaha you mean everyone THINKS their life is a struggle. You know whos life is a struggle? The starving kids in africa, the people in afghanistan who deal with daily bombings, etc. Those are struggle. If you have a job, a car, food on the table, and a roof over your head you're not in a struggle... People think they are because someone else has better stuff than they do. They can't be just gifted into their $250k a year dream job, and that lottery habit just hasn't seemed to pay off shit.

Most people don't give a shit about anyone else but themselves and their immediate family. They don't give a shit about you, your car, or the fact they just cut you in line. Their attitude is its just a car, nice or not, and you can see it at all levels of income. I can't tell you how many luxury cars I see with interiors dirty as heck, scratches all over them, etc. Its the way this country is, and its only getting worse.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #14
mcdoogle6969

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
Actually just because your family is poor does not mean you have no hope. You choose what to make of your situation period.

Hell I grew up in one of the most ****ed up familys. We had no money, dad had to sell his 81 turbo TA for 3g because my mom wanted custody of me even though she was a drugged up, alcoholic discrace. But even after that the bill came to 21 grand for court. For what? Oh yeah we had to live from shithole to shithole for years because of the problems my old man got out of it, drugs, gamballing, psycotic girlfriends that come summersulting through windows to heel drop your doornob off to go stab your father. So yeah before you make assumptions that you have no idea about. Maybe you should tell your american families to man up. One of the reasons I have very little interest in my family is because their so ****ing petty and useless. (I could give more examples of this) Be happy that your alive and not giving orders by blowing into a tube.

My dad told me, everything material is replacable and we will do better one day. And hey, things get better.

Suicidal? Screw the quitters.
The truth is the truth with what i said above. People commit suicidal over this stuff weather you like it or not. But see? your mom and dad both had alcoholic problems, why? I'm sure you can figure that one out. Don't talk to me about family problems like i haven't had my fair share. I am 17, last time i saw my dad was when i was 4. He was an alcoholic after he went AWOL when he came back from being in the gulf war. He was in jail for the most of his life after that, he died from being a drug and alcohol abuser almost 3 years ago. You have no idea what it's like to never have any memories of your father and to look over him in his casket when he was only 40. People were coming up to me saying how much of a good guy he really was and to think that i will never be able to find out on my own. Trust me, it sucks. My mom dumped me off around 2 1/2, she wanted nothing to do with me because "she was too young". I lived at my grandmothers house pretty much my whole life, as i was growing up my mom would come over and if i said one wrong thing she would beat me, nobody would do anything about it. Nothing was ever given to me and i had to work hard for things. I can tell you, there's things that happened to me during my childhood that left me to think that i had no other rout other then suicide, I'm past that now though. So please, do NOT tell me that i am making assumptions on things that i have no idea about.