Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 07-12-2010, 01:28 AM   #715
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreature View Post
Ok, last night was a hectic night. i was so stressed out and tired. heres a better description of what happened and how it went.

Started the install at 5pm, went downstairs to start removing the 6 Fasteners, 2 10mm bolts, and THE 4! 10mm bolts on the side of the fenders as well as a t20 screw that AAC absolutely DOES NOT MENTION. oh yeah the last bolt of the 4 that is located pretty deep in the fender was the hardest and impossible to get out without the help of a friend. Then i removed the 2 10mm bolts under the front bumper and viola! it comes off. Then i removed the 4 screws that attach the headlight to the chasis, unplug everything and there you go your done!
What took me the longest was figuring out how my front bumper comes off with only 3 bolts removed! took me about 1 hour trying to figure that crap out before i realized i needed to remove more bolts than required. i blame AAC for that.

Ok, as for the headlight assembly removal, heres what i did. Baked at 220 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 mins. As i took it out, it really wasnt that hot but i would highly recommend getting some gloves to make the install easier. FIRST AND ONLY TIP i will give as for headlight removal. DONT BE AFRAID TO GET IN THERE with your flathead, kinda hard to explain how to remove it but try to use a "popping" technique rather than a "prying" technique. i was scared at first but it took me about 5 reheats at 230 degrees for 10 mins to be comfortable with it.An important note is to examine how the headlight assembly is sealed by the factory before you start "popping", i will try to put some pictures for you guys. ok headlight assembly was removed, and i removed the 4 t20 screws that attach the halos. what really pissed me off was when johnathan told me that i could leave my factory halos in and just install the colorshift halos right behind them with no problem. WRONG, There is just not enough room for both so i decided to cut the top off the factory ring and install it. reason for this is because i want a diffused look with the LEDs. Ok did that, now it was time to test it before i seal it back with black silicone which i bought at city mill. i went to test it and GUESS WHAT! it doesn't work! WTF. good thing i didnt seal it lol. so i decide to test my other Colorshift halo ring and that works perfectly fine. Now im stuck with a car that i cant drive because i got a broken Halo and a broken footwell tube. i mean jeez, half the sh!t i bought from them dont work? its costing me time and money. I have to wait for them send me a new footwell tube and a colorshift halo....ughhhhhh.
That sucks man. Post up if you have other questions. I have taken my bumper off before and would have been happy to help answer questions. I know how frustrating it can be trying to figure everything out on your own. Also, I did install footwells from AAC so let me know if you have any questions there. Finally, I did order shop manual from Patrick, a vendor on this site so hopefully that will help eliminate a lot of guessing. I should be receiving it this week.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #716
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Recent Domestic Violence Car Show

The car show went off really well. Some of us met at Big Boys and then headed to Pearl City Starbucks to pick up the rest (including one mustang), then headed to the show. Since we all were together, they put us in a line next to the hanger which was an awesome sight. (Would have posted pictures, but lost my camera somewhere at the show). We had two covers posted up for us to sit in the shade and had alot of wind blowing in, so didnt have to worry much about the heat.

Alot of cars at the show and I counted 23 camaros (12 of them 2010 camaros) including the Synergy Green color which I havent seen in person until yesterday. Also one of the 2010 camaro owners started chroming his engine and hood. Looks great and cant wait to see it completed. Also they had a swap meet where a couple of camaro guys found some good deals.

Food booths are all over the place from icees to kalua pig. Also had drawings throughout the day and won a polo shirt and a Napa Hat.

Definately had alot of fun and wish you all could make it. Next weekend some of us are heading to Windward Mall in Kaneohe car show and some to the Aloha Tower (??) car show. The following week is suppose to be the big island cruze of the year for all types of cars, so the camaro gang should make an impact in this one too.

Hope to see some of you at one of these shows.

Taz
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #717
Z Madness

Thanks Taz. Keep us posted. Also, another Aloha Tower Show?
Old 07-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #718
taz
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Thanks Taz. Keep us posted. Also, another Aloha Tower Show?
Sorry, my mistake. Its not the Aloha Tower Car Show as stated on my last post. Its the Aloha Stadium Car Show. Here is one of the links I found:

http://hnlnow.com/events/index.php?com=detail&eID=44753

I do know a couple of club members will be there with thier camaros, but most at the Windward Show. Mostly we talk story and alot of places to eat and knowing that your car is being watched over by the other owners. Actually the last time we were there, it rained and a couple of camaro owners wiped down the other camaros when they were out eating to keep them from getting hard rain spots on the paint.

Oh, by the way, during the island cruze, and probably during the big cruze in a couple of weeks, some of us bring two way radios so that we can communicate and talk stories while riding, so if your interested in that.

Taz
Old 07-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #719
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
Sorry, my mistake. Its not the Aloha Tower Car Show as stated on my last post. Its the Aloha Stadium Car Show. Here is one of the links I found:

http://hnlnow.com/events/index.php?com=detail&eID=44753

I do know a couple of club members will be there with thier camaros, but most at the Windward Show. Mostly we talk story and alot of places to eat and knowing that your car is being watched over by the other owners. Actually the last time we were there, it rained and a couple of camaro owners wiped down the other camaros when they were out eating to keep them from getting hard rain spots on the paint.

Oh, by the way, during the island cruze, and probably during the big cruze in a couple of weeks, some of us bring two way radios so that we can communicate and talk stories while riding, so if your interested in that.

Taz
I hope I can make the next event. Stupid car rescheduled for July 21 due to parts being ordered. I hate very cheap insurance estimators. My body shop had to make a case for parts replacement.

Taz, have I got a story for you... better told in person. Involves "clowns".
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:20 AM   #720
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
JULY 17th!! woo hoo im off! not only that but import models will be there? im definitely going, keep us posted taz.
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #721
taz
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreature View Post
JULY 17th!! woo hoo im off! not only that but import models will be there? im definitely going, keep us posted taz.
Should be a yellow SS camaro on the show floor with chrome parts on the engine cover, cai and under the hood. I think he is entering his camaro for judging, but not sure what category.

I'll be at the Windward Show if my pain subsides. Look for the supercharged camaro. I usually leave the hood open if not raining.

Taz
Old 07-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #722
Z Madness

So not a lot of Camaros going to Aloha Stadium? Are you guys all planning for the big cruise on July 25? I beleive its Hawaii Kai on Sat then Big One on Sunday? I hope to be at one of those.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #723
taz
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
So not a lot of Camaros going to Aloha Stadium? Are you guys all planning for the big cruise on July 25? I beleive its Hawaii Kai on Sat then Big One on Sunday? I hope to be at one of those.
Some will make Hawaii Kai and about all of us not working will be participating at the big cruze next week sunday.

808camaros meet at Windward almost all the time. We bring our chairs and talk story.

Taz
Old 07-18-2010, 03:02 AM   #724
taz
Taz

Small showing at the Windward Mall Car Show. I think due to Aloha Stadium having a car show the same day took most of the cars to that show. Still had a least a dozen camaros show up. Saw a black SS with Synergy Green Rally Stripes which looked awesome. Its Lingenfelter built 2010 camaro SS with a Magnacharger installed. I think he said it was the 550 Lingenfelter package. Awesome car running approx 515rwhp!

Reminder next week is Hawaii Kai car show on saturday (were planning on meeting at Napa store) and the car cruze on sunday.

Taz
Old 07-18-2010, 05:02 AM   #725
Kreature

Heres some teaser photos:
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2010, 05:03 AM   #726
Kreature

uh-oh its too big, how do i make it smaller?
Old 07-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #727
iHateLoso

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Ice Silver RS pkg
Do any of you guys know of any good graphics shops around the island? I've been looking to put on the rally stripes I bought for my car months ago lol
Old 07-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #728
Kreature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
nice job getting them installed Kreature. I am jealous. LOL. So are you the expert now for all of us? Hire you out to install for us LOL. Well looking forward to returning home, still in Texas for about 24 more days. Everyone let me know if there are any planned cruises between Aug 12-27. After that I once again go to the mainland (this time for vacation).

Aloha, Craig
lol, i would have never done the install if i knew what i was getting myself into. hopefully im going to make it to this sunday's cruise.