Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #127
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosXC451 View Post
dont really care for the gfx or the hood stripe but everything else is nice

The GFX looks unfinished. Everyones gonna wonder when you are gonna finish painting the gFX.
Also the rear just doesnt look right with the gfx.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #128
mannino88
Mannino

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS fully loaded.
could you possibly do this with black stripes? thanks
mannino88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #129
CamaroShayne

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS-SS Red Jewel
The IOM car is so Hot!! I had a chance to drive that exact car when I had it at my dealership last week! Here are a few more pics of it when it was at my dealership.
Attached Images

CamaroShayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #130
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Yeahhh... sooo. I just got to drive the orange SS with the white stripes. No joke. At the austin auto show. Some guy is going to put a vid of it up today, i think on 5th gen. But WOW!!!! Unbelievable. Suspension is great. Sight lines are not as bad as you might think. The "button" shifters are.. not the best, but still usable and fun. Gas pedal is sensitive, the engine is ready to be utilized at the slightest touch. Yet it is surprisingly quiet unless you really get on it. The idle is almost silent... unfortunate. Thats what the aftermarket is for. Standard sound system was pretty great, Boston Acoustics was magical. The audio display and system was as easy to use as i have heard. Lots of interesting and usefull settings such as "max startup volume", so if your blasting the tunes when you get out, you wont be given a heart attack when you turn the key again. The seats are very comfortable. Have to admit, the cloth was a little disappointing, fairly low quality. Not durability, but they just didnt feel very nice, maybe low thread count or something? Anyway, the leather felt great! Headroom is going to be an issue if you're much over 6'. There was a guy that was 6' 5" that had one on pre-order there that had to recline the seat pretty far to fit in. Thatl get old. Back seats=worthless. Cross town hop might be ok, and even that will be in extreme discomfort for any grown adult. Im 6' and I had to angle my legs uncomfortably and my head was pressed heavily against the roof. An interesting note, however, is that the sunroof really doesnt change the headroom situation much. Ummmm... what else? Brakes were responsive and confidence-inspiringly quick. Oh yeah, and the camaros really do look great in person. All of the colors look fantastic, and the one that seemed most improved in person was yellow. One small gripe about the in-person look is the gills, as i would call them, they look strangely pointless. Ive heard the reverse lights called an "after-thought", but they looked all right. These gills look like an after-thought if you asked me. With dark colors, though, they dont stand out as much. Anyway. Beautiful car. Its great. Cant think of much else. Im about to go back to the show, but if anyone has anymore questions about handling or sound or anything about the car, id be happy to answer all.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #131
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
Yeahhh... sooo. I just got to drive the orange SS with the white stripes. No joke. At the austin auto show. Some guy is going to put a vid of it up today, i think on 5th gen. But WOW!!!! Unbelievable. Suspension is great. Sight lines are not as bad as you might think. The "button" shifters are.. not the best, but still usable and fun. Gas pedal is sensitive, the engine is ready to be utilized at the slightest touch. Yet it is surprisingly quiet unless you really get on it. The idle is almost silent... unfortunate. Thats what the aftermarket is for. Standard sound system was pretty great, Boston Acoustics was magical. The audio display and system was as easy to use as i have heard. Lots of interesting and usefull settings such as "max startup volume", so if your blasting the tunes when you get out, you wont be given a heart attack when you turn the key again. The seats are very comfortable. Have to admit, the cloth was a little disappointing, fairly low quality. Not durability, but they just didnt feel very nice, maybe low thread count or something? Anyway, the leather felt great! Headroom is going to be an issue if you're much over 6'. There was a guy that was 6' 5" that had one on pre-order there that had to recline the seat pretty far to fit in. Thatl get old. Back seats=worthless. Cross town hop might be ok, and even that will be in extreme discomfort for any grown adult. Im 6' and I had to angle my legs uncomfortably and my head was pressed heavily against the roof. An interesting note, however, is that the sunroof really doesnt change the headroom situation much. Ummmm... what else? Brakes were responsive and confidence-inspiringly quick. Oh yeah, and the camaros really do look great in person. All of the colors look fantastic, and the one that seemed most improved in person was yellow. One small gripe about the in-person look is the gills, as i would call them, they look strangely pointless. Ive heard the reverse lights called an "after-thought", but they looked all right. These gills look like an after-thought if you asked me. With dark colors, though, they dont stand out as much. Anyway. Beautiful car. Its great. Cant think of much else. Im about to go back to the show, but if anyone has anymore questions about handling or sound or anything about the car, id be happy to answer all.

Are you sure you had the seats adjusted properly? I have a hard time believing a 6'0'' tall individual's head will be hitting the roof in a stardard Camaro with no sun roof.
There's been numerous reports from guys 6'+ that said they had plenty of head room.

Last edited by SGOS252382; 04-18-2009 at 03:34 PM.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #132
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Sight lines are not as bad as you might think.
Yeah dude, what's up with these "PANSIES" (don't want to be censored again ) who complain about this? Try driving a truck.... USE YOUR MIRRORS!

Last edited by FNKNSTN; 04-18-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: I'm a fan of words that start with "P" and "C" when reffering to genitalia of both genders.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #133
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Are you sure you had the seats adjusted properly? I have a hard time believing a 6'0'' tall individual's head will be hitting the roof in a stardard Camaro with no sun roof.
There's been numerous reports from guys 6'+ that said they had plenty of head room.
That was me talking about the back seat, when i said my head was on the roof. Otherwise, it is close in the front seat, but like i said, if the seat is adjusted and you sit the right way, a 6' 5" guy fit. However, Id say 6' 2" is the max height to sit with the seat up straight, normally and in fairly good comfort.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:31 PM   #134
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
That was me talking about the back seat, when i said my head was on the roof. Otherwise, it is close in the front seat, but like i said, if the seat is adjusted and you sit the right way, a 6' 5" guy fit. However, Id say 6' 2" is the max height to sit with the seat up straight, normally and in fairly good comfort.
That sounds about right.
Yeah, I seriously dought anyone over 5'?'' can fit in the back seat without smashing their head into the roof.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #135
gen5fan

Drives: Previous '04 SSR; '10 2SS; '16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphixJunkie View Post
Fullfilling another request...white stripes on the side view. Again, you'd think white stripes would be easy, but they want to overexpose or go the other way and look like light gray or like they're just really dirty. Regardless, I hope this gives you an idea of what it might look like.

Thanks for providing that photo as is.
I think it looks like the IOM with the silver stripe, and I wondered if I would like it.
I do !!!
gen5fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #136
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
if the ground effects were body color I'd like them better, I don't think the black looks right, on the blue ones, anyway...
Old 04-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #137
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP View Post
Hi everyone, I am Casey J Porter, and I took the pictures you see in this thread.
Thanks for all the kind words on how good they look.

W/o a doubt, these are the best pics of IOM I've seen here to date. It will look excellent in person for sure.......................some day!

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:06 PM   #138
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
Thumbs up

I haven't had a lot of time to do the stuff I want to do, or do it properly, but here's a gaudy IOM/BlackStripe/TintJob/Grille Replacement if anyone wants:
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #139
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post
Yeah dude haha I like the Ian Anderson pic!
Ha - thanks. Always been a Tull fan!
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #140
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual_Perfection View Post
Not to be picky, but did anyone else notice this... the rally stripes are not centered on the hood?
... Looks like it is going to be kind of difficult to get the stripes lined up perfect by the pictures we have been seeing.
Well, it's worth noting that these are amateur photos and that particular shot does seem to be taken at an angle, which would account for the apparent gap. Lens distortion and other optical aberrations, surface light scattering, bad image compression/resizing algorhythms, field curvature, saturation push, all kinds of things could potentially misrepresent the size, placement, or alignment of the stripes.

Simpler and more likely still is the possibility that the dealer-installed vinyl stripes were placed by a couple of lot techs who were not pinstripers in their former lives.

Best of all, the solution to dealer-installed accessories is brilliantly simple: "Hey, either you find someone who can put this on right or I'll find someone who wants to sell a car worse than you do."
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote