Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
RobbRock
Consultant Camino Real

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RobbRock
My Order went in Today Yay!!

My order went to 3300 today TPW 3/30-4/05 I cant wait
2SS Black
Black leather
Sun Roof
Auto
Ground Effects
RS Package
RobbRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
Wholly Crap! Congrats. You ordered the exact car I was going to and then changed my mind about the GF. Send pix when you get it. Mine will be a couple weeks behind at least!
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
gtjacket
2G1FT1EW0A9118618

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black/IOM M6
Almost the same as I ordered but i just decided to go for the reverse mohawk as opposed to the sunroof. Congrats. BTW, I like the Concept Black wheels but I think i can find concept wheels for much cheaper
gtjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
RobbRock
Consultant Camino Real

I think i might do flat black on the ground effects or paint them black we will see and powder coat the stock wheels instead of putting other wheels on
Old 03-10-2009, 09:29 PM   #5
siliconewolfgang

Drives: 2004 Hummer H2
what is a reverse mohawk?
siliconewolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
siliconewolfgang

hey i'm new to this - it is great to see this site and all the enthusiasm for the new camaro. Our town's dealer was allocated one and I got it i ordered the 2SS in the inferno orange with black stripes and orange interior accent- it still hasn't been "picked up" according to my salesperson. But this will be my first camaro - i had several friends that all had one at one time or another ( i had a Firebird) and always loved their cars. So this one is for me. I cancelled the $4680.00 wheels today - i think i can get something else cheaper? Does anyone think this is a mistake? I wanted it "Loaded" and it still is but without the wheels at this point.
Has anyone seen a good picture of the Ground effects package? Also A outside photo of the inferno orange?
Thanks, Ted
Old 03-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #7
RobbRock
Consultant Camino Real

I havent seen a picture but I am sure the ground effects will look great you should look up the camaro black concept if you want to see the ground effects package. I believe you will like the 20's the thing that is good with the 21" if that is what wheels you are talking about is that they are under warranty compared to getting aftermarket wheels.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #8
michelle ann
waitin on a black SS!

Drives: 98 Z28(for sale)
So I am kinda confused.I put 2000 down on my car in early Feb. Does anyone actually have any clue when mine will be at the dealership? I mean if I ordered mine in Febuary, will I get mine before someone who ordered theirs say today? The dealership told me they would get 1 in may (a random V6 that nobody ordered) and that mine probably wont be here untill as late as august. When are you all expecting yours?
michelle ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #9
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbRock View Post
My order went to 3300 today TPW 3/30-4/05 I cant wait
2SS Black
Black leather
Sun Roof
Auto
Ground Effects
RS Package
congrats bro. show pics when u get it.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #10
siliconewolfgang

I see some people have said they have ordered a 2SS/RS. Isn't this one or the other? Don't you just order an SS OR a RS? My dealer knows very little about this new Camaro. I am a little in the dark on this deal - but am learning more everyday.

Thanks Rob Rock I 'll search the internet now...
Thanks
Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #11
RobbRock
Consultant Camino Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconewolfgang View Post
I see some people have said they have ordered a 2SS/RS. Isn't this one or the other? Don't you just order an SS OR a RS? My dealer knows very little about this new Camaro.
Thanks
No the SS is the type of vehicle which was the V8 the RS is an appearance package that is an option you can add to the vehicle which includes the Halo effect head lights, Different colored rear lights. If you get this package on the SS you will still have the SS badging not RS.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #12
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle ann View Post
So I am kinda confused.I put 2000 down on my car in early Feb. Does anyone actually have any clue when mine will be at the dealership? I mean if I ordered mine in Febuary, will I get mine before someone who ordered theirs say today? The dealership told me they would get 1 in may (a random V6 that nobody ordered) and that mine probably wont be here untill as late as august. When are you all expecting yours?
There's been countless threads on this issue but I'll try and summarize. It all depends on where you are at your dealer in relation to how many the dealer was given in their production guide. People at other dealerships do not directly affect you. Someone at another dealer that ordered after you may get their car before you. It's rather complicated; far too complicated to attempt to explain in one post.

Judging the exact timing of delivery is completely impossible. But, everything your dealer said is true which leads me to believe their guestimate is correct, maybe a bit pessimistic. There's lots of factors that they (and you potentially) can take into account to provide a more educated guess than just date of order.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #13
siliconewolfgang

RobbRock - thanks again,

Do anyone know anything about after market suppliers that will have some really trick different things to make a camaro unique?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #14
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle ann View Post
oof. I'd recommend reading around at some of the ordering threads, to see how the order process is going down. Essentially your dealership is given a certain number of camaros it can order each month. It pulls from its list of "sold orders" to send to GM to be built. It really depends what number order you are at your dealer, and how many they were allocated. They are getting a separate V6 floor model, separate from the allocation process, which hopefully will be showing up in April.

Edit: Woot beat me too it. Hopefully this post helps.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote